Image ImageImage Image

KC: Bulls likely bottom feeders in FA

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Re: KC: Bulls likely bottom feeders in FA 

Post#101 » by R3AL1TY » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:20 pm

Mech Engineer wrote:
R3AL1TY wrote:Mark Schanowski reported that the Bulls won't pursue FAs over the age of 30 unles they take a 1 yr deal. I would be okay with Courtney Lee on a 1 yr deal on top of signing Moore.

5 years too late for Courtney Lee although I don't know how much difference he would made in 2011. But, I don't remember where he was ...I think Memphis. Both Memphis and the Bulls acted as if they have to work on a trade of a prime Micheal Jordan and couldn't come to some understanding on Lee.

A guy like Lee will be serviceable for a year or 2. I would not consider him as a long-term player. He will basically do the things we will like Snell to do more when coming into the game for Jimmy.
burlydee
Sixth Man
And1: 928

Post#102 » by burlydee » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:32 pm

Gar Paxdorf wrote:So many positives:

1. our players put up better numbers with less competition and boost their trade value
2. we are worse as a team and thus get a better pick in a better draft
3. we get a pretty good chance to do better in a better FA class next summer

Bad players putting up big numbers on bad teams doesn't boosts their trade values. Which Knick are you guys dying to have? Which Sixers player? Which Hornet (other than Anthony Davis?). You know what boosts a players trade value? Being good. No amount of playing time is going to make people think Snell is Oladipo.

The idea that free agents are going to want to come to a bad team with cap space over a good team with cap space (b/c everyone is going to have cap space) is also mindblowingly dumb. The Bulls aren't going to go out and sign Westbrook and Blake Griffin with a 25 win record and Jimmy Butler. You people hoping for a quick rebuild are fooling yourselves. If the Bulls rebuild, that will be a 5 year process. And it won't involve getting any major free agents. Book it.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Re: Re: KC: Bulls likely bottom feeders in FA 

Post#103 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:34 pm

Ctownbulls wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:Sounds like Barnes trip to Chicago didnt turn out that well for Gar.

Bulls don't even want him not should they.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think you are reading too much into KC's article. And I think Barnes is our starting Small Forward on opening night.
For love, not money.
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,715

Re: Re: Re: KC: Bulls likely bottom feeders in FA 

Post#104 » by Ctownbulls » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:36 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:
Ctownbulls wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:Sounds like Barnes trip to Chicago didnt turn out that well for Gar.

Bulls don't even want him not should they.

I think you are reading too much into KC's article. And I think Barnes is our starting Small Forward on opening night.

The article has nothing to do with it. The Bulls wont pay Barnes $20M per year.

musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Re: Re: Re: KC: Bulls likely bottom feeders in FA 

Post#105 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:37 pm

Ctownbulls wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:
Ctownbulls wrote:Bulls don't even want him not should they.

The article has nothing to do with it. The Bulls wont pay Barnes $20M per year.

On that, you and I agree.

They'll pay him 22 ish Million dollars.
For love, not money.
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,715

Post#106 » by Ctownbulls » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:38 pm

Ok... not gonna happen

sicko
Senior
And1: 99

Post#107 » by sicko » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:44 pm

Don't have a choice, we're a tough sell to Top Free Agents, really don't have nothing the Top Free Agent Superstars can win with right now besides Jimmy Butler
Chitownbulls
General Manager
And1: 2,463

Post#108 » by Chitownbulls » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:55 pm

Harry Giles, Jayson Tatum, Faltz & Josh Jackson....get to know them Bulls fans. Franchise changers
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,697

Re: Re: KC: Bulls likely bottom feeders in FA 

Post#109 » by nitetrain8603 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:30 pm

Chitownbulls wrote:Harry Giles, Jayson Tatum, Faltz & Josh Jackson....get to know them Bulls fans. Franchise changers

I think Giles is too big of a risk. Josh Jackson is my boy though. Where's Seventh Woods these days?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using RealGM mobile app
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,410

Post#110 » by jump » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:15 am

Three days ago KC says Bulls are targeting Conley and Barnes. Now we are bottom feeders. Barnes didn't come to town to negotiate if he came at all. That discussion is with his agent so Barnes being here or not reveals nothing. KC's words mean nothing too.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#111 » by GimmeDat » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:18 am

Missing out on this years FA class will be for the best. I just hope we don't overpay any mediocre guys.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#112 » by HomoSapien » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:38 am

R3AL1TY wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Rerisen wrote:

Breakthrough moment?

That was a typo. He said they won't pursue FAs UNDER 30, per usual.

Mark Schanowski's article where he mentions players over 30 being unlikely who they will pursue if the deal is over 1 year: http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bulls/why-2016-free-agency-period-could-be-quiet-one-bulls

They also may not pursue any additional FAs in general on top of Moore if the move will be expensive or the player does not make much of a difference.

I was just making a joke since we typically sign a bunch of grandpas to this team.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#113 » by Red Larrivee » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:59 am

Chitownbulls wrote:Harry Giles, Jayson Tatum, Faltz & Josh Jackson....get to know them Bulls fans. Franchise changers

Next year's class should be more talented than this year, but all four of those players aren't franchise changers. I'm not even sure 1 of them is.

nitetrain8603 wrote:I think Giles is too big of a risk. Josh Jackson is my boy though. Where's Seventh Woods these days?

Woods committed to UNC. He's not an elite, Top 25 or better prospect though. He might've been when everyone was younger.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Post#114 » by jc23 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:33 am

positive side is no overpaying role guys this summer. But we are not players in free agency becuase we sucked ass last year, so this is not necessarily a tactic by choice. If we do not trade Jimmy at any point this year the goal should be to become the 2016 blazers, we need to become a team that turns heads and gets some positive vibes from next years free agent class.

That starts with Hoiberg holding everyone accountable this season, the last few years the intensity brought night in and night out has slipped, if you play with effort over 82 games we have the talent to make the eastern conference playoffs.
Be curious, Not judgmental
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#115 » by donaldtrump_00 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:55 am

NewEra21 wrote:GarPax is really banking on significant improvement from McDermott, Mirotic, and Portis huh? Otherwise his whole 2 max free agent plan goes to ****.

Plus Felicio,jerain grant,valentine and Lopez. Its a hit or miss season. Each one has to play there ass off. I think portis is a sleeper. He can really become good if he let's the game come to him. On paper we are bottom feeders but these young inexperienced players are capable of putting together some good games. But like the Lakers they still young and try to do to much and I see a horrid season coming up. Hoiberg will be bald after next season. They need some vets to mix in with them.
NewEra21
Pro Prospect
And1: 414

Post#116 » by NewEra21 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:04 am

donaldtrump_00 wrote:
NewEra21 wrote:GarPax is really banking on significant improvement from McDermott, Mirotic, and Portis huh? Otherwise his whole 2 max free agent plan goes to ****.

Plus Felicio,jerain grant,valentine and Lopez. Its a hit or miss season. Each one has to play there ass off. I think portis is a sleeper. He can really become good if he let's the game come to him. On paper we are bottom feeders but these young inexperienced players are capable of putting together some good games. But like the Lakers they still young and try to do to much and I see a horrid season coming up. Hoiberg will be bald after next season. They need some vets to mix in with them.

That's the issue. If its gonna be such a horrid season, why are two elite guys going to want to come here after we look like a bottom 10 team. Because we have money? A lot of teams are going to have money. Its a flawed plan, and they need so much to go right for it work.
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,373

Post#117 » by The Box Office » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:34 am

Red Larrivee wrote:

Next year's class should be more talented than this year, but all four of those players aren't franchise changers. I'm not even sure 1 of them is.

nitetrain8603 wrote:I think Giles is too big of a risk. Josh Jackson is my boy though. Where's Seventh Woods these days?

Woods committed to UNC. He's not an elite, Top 25 or better prospect though. He might've been when everyone was younger.

I zero'd in on Josh Jackson. I build around a franchise around him. We'll have to see how he develops at Kansas. I don't believe in Harry Giles. 2 ACL tears. The other teams can take him.

I don't believe in Dennis Smith Jr. either. He also had an ACL tear.
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#118 » by R3AL1TY » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:43 am

HomoSapien wrote:
R3AL1TY wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
That was a typo. He said they won't pursue FAs UNDER 30, per usual.

Mark Schanowski's article where he mentions players over 30 being unlikely who they will pursue if the deal is over 1 year: http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bulls/why-2016-free-agency-period-could-be-quiet-one-bulls

They also may not pursue any additional FAs in general on top of Moore if the move will be expensive or the player does not make much of a difference.

I was just making a joke since we typically sign a bunch of grandpas to this team.

You got me.
othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#119 » by othawhitemeat » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:43 am

Besides Jackson, I really like Tatum. His game is similar to Paul Pierce to me.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#120 » by Southpaw » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:50 am

SpinninHouse wrote:The stars are aligning for 2017 being the best off season in recent memory.

1) High draft from tanking.

2) Gar Forehead, John Snakeson, and Fred Hoiberger getting AXED.

3) Money to go hog wild in FA.

I hope this happens.

Return to Chicago Bulls