Image ImageImage Image

Any injury updates for Doug or MCW?

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Re: Any injury updates for Doug or MCW? 

Post#21 » by Madhouse » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:59 pm

Hoping for the home game vs Lakers for both.
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,715

Post#22 » by Ctownbulls » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:41 pm

kodo wrote:Perhaps I'm delusional, but I believe our record would be 1-2 wins better if we had Doug healthy during this start.

Probably would have pulled out the Clippers game.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,857

Post#23 » by AirP. » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:28 am

SportsFan788 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Doug McDermott (concussion protocol) has been ruled out of Friday's game at Philadelphia as well.
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0592791786162755131-4
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,656

Post#24 » by sco » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:41 pm

:clap: :pray:

According to Carter-Williams, it’s looking more like, “that four or maybe four-and-a-half week’’ period, as the 25-year-old said on Tuesday that he’s looking to return next week as long as there are no setbacks.

“I’m definitely ahead of schedule,’’ Carter-Williams said. “My knee feels great. I just got to find the measure between how hard I can go without hurting it furthermore, so I’m just testing the limit right now. Just trying to get back to 100 percent.’’
I’ve done lateral movements,’’ Carter-Williams said. “I’ve done pretty much everything. Just trying to maintain the recovery and keeping the swelling down. I’m going to wait pretty much until I’m pain-free to play.

“But I would say I’m closer to the four [week period]. I feel good. My wrist is still a little bit swollen, but it feels pretty good. It’s almost back to normal.’’

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/michael-carter-williams-is-pushing-for-a-return-next-week/
:clap:
Dieselbound&Down
Lead Assistant
And1: 420

Post#25 » by Dieselbound&Down » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:05 pm

Ctownbulls wrote:
kodo wrote:Perhaps I'm delusional, but I believe our record would be 1-2 wins better if we had Doug healthy during this start.

Probably would have pulled out the Clippers game.

The bench has been getting killed. Doug may not be an all star but the drop off in production is steep.

It wouldn't make such a difference if Hoiberg would just step up to the mic and proclaim "we have enough" whenever he is asked about injuries and the bench. dammit hoiberg!!
BahamaBull
General Manager
And1: 2,123

Post#26 » by BahamaBull » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:11 pm

We need these 2 back asap.
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,579

Post#27 » by Clocian » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:34 pm

Eagerly.......EAGERLY anticipating the return of MCW and Dougie Fresh.
Damn I love Hip Hop!
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#28 » by Proven_Winner » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:46 pm

I'm still excited about MCW. He didn't play a ton but from what we saw he's going to be our speights. He did 2 important things for us which is defense and pushing the ball for fast breaks while the opponent was trying to get set for defense.
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#29 » by pduh01 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:22 pm

Proven_Winner wrote:I'm still excited about MCW. He didn't play a ton but from what we saw he's going to be our speights. He did 2 important things for us which is defense and pushing the ball for fast breaks while the opponent was trying to get set for defense.

He will help the rebounding department too which he is pretty solid rebounder for his position
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
jumpstart
Starter
And1: 771

Post#30 » by jumpstart » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:23 pm

Christ! Why is Doug constantly injured.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,100

Post#31 » by NecessaryEvil » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:30 pm

Stay healthy and we'll be battling for that #1 seed all season.

Clearly the best 1-2 outside of Bron & Kyrie in the east.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,019

Post#32 » by Chi town » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:16 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:Stay healthy and we'll be battling for that #1 seed all season.

Clearly the best 1-2 outside of Bron & Kyrie in the east.

Yep. You're the first poster I've seen say this. Completely agree. Think we'd be 11-2 if we had Dougie and MCW all season. Best part is NO MORE PORTIS.
RebuildaBulls
Analyst
And1: 756

Post#33 » by RebuildaBulls » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:42 am

2nd unit will be stronger once they are back. Grant, Doug, MCW, Niko, Felicio/Portis would be good
ralphisBullsFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 430

Post#34 » by ralphisBullsFan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:04 am

Well we need both to make an immediate impact in their returns, our bench has been losing us games. Our starters give us great first quarters then our bench loses all our momentum.
BahamaBull
General Manager
And1: 2,123

Post#35 » by BahamaBull » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:47 pm

Friedell on MCW:

Bulls head coach Fred Hoiberg said after Thursday's practice that Michael Carter-Williams was sent back to Chicago on Wednesday to have an MRI and a CT scan on his left wrist. The Bulls will have an update on MCW's status on Friday.

Freidell on MCD:

Hoiberg said Doug McDermott is "still having symptoms" but is "getting better" as he recovers from a concussion. Remains unclear when McDermott will return as he remains in the league's concussion protocol.

DAMN! :nonono:
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#36 » by DASMACKDOWN » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:53 pm

McBuckets3 wrote:Friedell on MCW:

Bulls head coach Fred Hoiberg said after Thursday's practice that Michael Carter-Williams was sent back to Chicago on Wednesday to have an MRI and a CT scan on his left wrist. The Bulls will have an update on MCW's status on Friday.

Freidell on MCD:

Hoiberg said Doug McDermott is "still having symptoms" but is "getting better" as he recovers from a concussion. Remains unclear when McDermott will return as he remains in the league's concussion protocol.

So how is his knee feeling better than his wrist? Is this another misdiagnosis from the Bulls staff? I was worried when he said his wrist was still swollen. I was like huh? I hope they dont say he has a fracture or something like that. Someone on the Bulls staff should be fired for that.

McDermott man dude idk. I mean that was like 2 weeks ago and he still has symptoms? Hes going to be out till Christmas at this rate.
The Cult of Personality
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#37 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:31 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:

Freidell on MCD:

So how is his knee feeling better than his wrist? Is this another misdiagnosis from the Bulls staff? I was worried when he said his wrist was still swollen. I was like huh? I hope they dont say he has a fracture or something like that. Someone on the Bulls staff should be fired for that.

McDermott man dude idk. I mean that was like 2 weeks ago and he still has symptoms? Hes going to be out till Christmas at this rate.

Doug had 2 concussions in a 2 week span. It's not surprising that he would be out for a while. It's a serious situation, and the fact is once you've had one you're more prone to have another one again.

I said when it happened that he would miss the circus trip at the minimum.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Re: RE: Re: Any injury updates for Doug or MCW? 

Post#38 » by samwana » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:39 pm

Freidell on MCD:

Damn MCW has more problems with his wrist over his knee? Wtf really bad news, why didn't we hear more about it earlier?
mhsiao
Rookie
And1: 206

Post#39 » by mhsiao » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:48 pm

jumpstart wrote:Christ! Why is Doug constantly injured.

1. Concussion is no joke.

2. Go ask Markieff Morris why did he think it is good idea to try block the dunk from the side.
mhsiao
Rookie
And1: 206

Post#40 » by mhsiao » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:53 pm

RedBulls83 wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:

Freidell on MCD:

Doug had 2 concussions in a 2 week span. It's not surprising that he would be out for a while. It's a serious situation, and the fact is once you've had one you're more prone to have another one again.

I said when it happened that he would miss the circus trip at the minimum.

Ya.. Concussion is really serious situation. Player is risking their life if play with concussion symptoms. Wasn't there a movie call concussion?

Sindney Crosby look like is heading early retirement due to concussion.

Return to Chicago Bulls