Image ImageImage Image

Trade Deadline Rumors

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Bulls03
General Manager
And1: 1,825

Re: Trade Deadline Rumors 

Post#1901 » by Bulls03 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:04 pm

MisterRoy wrote:
Bulls03 wrote:Pacers are now going after Okafor

Is this real or just to put pressure on Bulls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pretty sure it's real. It was tweeted by legit NBA reporters
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#1902 » by Mech Engineer » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:06 pm

Every team will leak rumors if they have a player for sale to create competition except for maybe Vlade.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,697

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Trade Deadline Rumors 

Post#1903 » by nitetrain8603 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:08 pm

nitetrain8603 wrote:
Southpaw wrote:
nitetrain8603 wrote:Just a tidbit I've heard from more than one person. The Celtics are hesitant to give up both picks because they may be trying to trade for two guys of the following:

Butler
Griffin
George
Drummond
Melo
Bogut

Not sure if they want any combo of two of those players or what.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using RealGM mobile app

This makes a lot of sense for the C's, but targeting Cousins would have been an easier move for them. Maybe Vivek really reaaally wanted Buddy and that's why the C's didn't get Boogie.

I think Boston is hesitant since Cousins can disrupt a locker room. And IT and Cousins already played together and it didn't amount to much.

The Kings' scouting department is pretty damn good, or was.

They obtained Whiteside and IT came from the same drafting IIRC

Corrected, not the same drafting, but consecutive years.

Tyreke Evans
Omri Casspi
Isaiah Thomas
DeMarcus Cousins
Hassan Whiteside
Bismayck Biyombo

BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,484

Post#1904 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:09 pm

Well CP3 just verbally agreed to a 200 million extension with the clippers

There goes that pipe dream

But christ that is a a lot of money
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,001

Post#1905 » by MisterRoy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:10 pm

Bulls03 wrote:
MisterRoy wrote:
Bulls03 wrote:Pacers are now going after Okafor

Is this real or just to put pressure on Bulls?

Pretty sure it's real. It was tweeted by legit NBA reporters

I meant is it real interest by Indiana or could it be out out there by Philly to put pressure on Bulls.

Feels like indiana is trying to make PG happy like Cleveland did going for Bosh to make James happy a few years back.

Lauri_Legend
Analyst
And1: 1,666

Post#1906 » by Lauri_Legend » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:10 pm

BR0D1E86 wrote:
diebieber wrote:
High level wrote:Trade Taj and Niko for Melo since Knicks are so desperate.

Trade for Melo is equivalent to an all out tank. Dude ruins teams.

Here's the deal with Anthony.. he's always had very high level scoring, with ok rebounding, poor assist rates and poor defense. His offense has traditionally outweighed the negative aspects of his game, though (in my opinion) not nearly enough to offset his negatives at the salary he commands.

Over the past couple years, the already weaker aspects of his game are getting even weaker. It's trended to the point he's at now, where his offense essentially barely offsets everything else anymore. And he figures to continue falling off in those areas. His rebound rate is the lowest it's been in a decade. His assist rate is lower than his already low career rate. And you're committing 30 million dollars for it.

I wouldn't touch him at any price. He basically guarantees irrelevancy for the next two years. It's only a near certainty without him.

I agree on not touching him. Not a Melo fan at all. But I can't tell if his run with the Knicks has been so bad mainly because of the dysfunction of the franchise and not all on him personally. He made it to the WCF with Denver. He won the national championship in college. He's not a winner but he has won in certain ways. I think Knicks dysfunction ruined his label. But yes, I agree that I wouldn't touch him.
Admin of DieHardChicagoBullsFans: https://www.facebook.com/DieHardChicagoBullsFans
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Trade Deadline Rumors 

Post#1907 » by Mech Engineer » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:10 pm

nitetrain8603 wrote:
nitetrain8603 wrote:
Southpaw wrote:This makes a lot of sense for the C's, but targeting Cousins would have been an easier move for them. Maybe Vivek really reaaally wanted Buddy and that's why the C's didn't get Boogie.

I think Boston is hesitant since Cousins can disrupt a locker room. And IT and Cousins already played together and it didn't amount to much.

Tyreke Evans
Omri Casspi
Isaiah Thomas
DeMarcus Cousins
Hassan Whiteside
Bismayck Biyombo

They seem to have good scouts but not good developmental coaches/staff. I hope it is not the same with the current Bulls.
MisterRoy
Veteran

Post#1908 » by MisterRoy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:12 pm

Carmello would have a different role on the Bulls vs Knicks. He wouldnt be #1 option. Maybe that helps him?

Bulls03
General Manager

Post#1909 » by Bulls03 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:14 pm

diebieber wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:
diebieber wrote:
Trade for Melo is equivalent to an all out tank. Dude ruins teams.

Here's the deal with Anthony.. he's always had very high level scoring, with ok rebounding, poor assist rates and poor defense. His offense has traditionally outweighed the negative aspects of his game, though (in my opinion) not nearly enough to offset his negatives at the salary he commands.

Over the past couple years, the already weaker aspects of his game are getting even weaker. It's trended to the point he's at now, where his offense essentially barely offsets everything else anymore. And he figures to continue falling off in those areas. His rebound rate is the lowest it's been in a decade. His assist rate is lower than his already low career rate. And you're committing 30 million dollars for it.

I wouldn't touch him at any price. He basically guarantees irrelevancy for the next two years. It's only a near certainty without him.

I agree on not touching him. Not a Melo fan at all. But I can't tell if his run with the Knicks has been so bad mainly because of the dysfunction of the franchise and not all on him personally. He made it to the WCF with Denver. He won the national championship in college. He's not a winner but he has won in certain ways. I think Knicks dysfunction ruined his label. But yes, I agree that I wouldn't touch him.

I think I would rather have him for 2/52-60M than I would some of these free agents such as Millsap for 5/180. I think they're going to go all in while Jimmy is under contract.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,697

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Trade Deadline Rumors 

Post#1910 » by nitetrain8603 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:14 pm

Mech Engineer wrote:
nitetrain8603 wrote:
nitetrain8603 wrote:I think Boston is hesitant since Cousins can disrupt a locker room. And IT and Cousins already played together and it didn't amount to much.

Tyreke Evans
Omri Casspi
Isaiah Thomas
DeMarcus Cousins
Hassan Whiteside
Bismayck Biyombo

They seem to have good scouts but not good developmental coaches/staff. I hope it is not the same with the current Bulls.

With the Bulls, I feel it's both. They really took Ron Adams and Thibs' for granted when it came to player development. In addition, they simply have not had anyone who looks like a legit NBA player for years to come. I could easily see Doug or Niko out of the league in 5 years.

Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#1911 » by Jvaughn » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:14 pm

Find some salary fillers and you've got yourself a deal.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
Bulls03
General Manager

Post#1912 » by Bulls03 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:14 pm

MisterRoy wrote:Carmello would have a different role on the Bulls vs Knicks. He wouldnt be #1 option. Maybe that helps him?

Some nights he would be 2nd and some he would be 3rd. I think this helps both his and Wades efficiency.
Bulls03
General Manager

Post#1913 » by Bulls03 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Jvaughn wrote:

Find some salary fillers and you've got yourself a deal.

Rondo and Niko does it
NewEra21
Pro Prospect
And1: 414

Post#1914 » by NewEra21 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:15 pm

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:Well CP3 just verbally agreed to a 200 million extension with the clippers

There goes that pipe dream

But christ that is a a lot of money

One step closer to signing stop gaps to remain flexible for free agency in 2018.
sh0ck
Starter
And1: 1,024

Post#1915 » by sh0ck » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:16 pm

BleedGreen1989 wrote:Honest to goodness not trolling, can somebody give me a specific plan to how CHI can rebuild around Butler over the next year or two?

Since a lot of this is very dependent on personalities and circumstance, I'll just lay out my personal opinion and backup plans.

Trade Deadline -
1st Priority - I would try kicking around the Melo situation just to see if that would be a possibility. Phil's last couple draft hits are all from overseas (KP, Hernangomez) so maybe he'd be interested in salvaging a Nikola Mirotic project, get some salary cap relief in Rajon Rondo, and maybe a project in Bobby/Valentine/McDermott.
2nd Priority - If you're able to trade for Melo without trading your 1st, find a scorer to solidify the bench. The ideal candidate is Lou Williams, and it looks like a 1st round pick would get it done. If you had to give up your first in the Melo deal, try to get a third team involved with one of the young players you didn't have to give up.

If you're able to pull of these deals, then you play out this year with Grant/Wade/Butler/Melo/Lopez - Lou/MCW/Zipser/Taj/Felicio.
If you aren't, buy out Rondo and stretch his 3 million from 2018 over 3 years.

Off-season - With Melo and Lou Williams
With Butler (18.6 Million), Robin (13.7 Million), Grant (1.7 million), Zipser (1.3 million), Melo (26.2 +15% trade kicker) the Bulls would have 63.9 million in contracts for 2018-19 before Wade's (23.8 million cap hold) and Taj's (15 million cap hold). This gives the Bulls 39.1 million in cap room with a 103 if they renounce Taj's Bird Rights and convince Wade to decline the player option (assuming that you've gotten rid of the younger players like Portis/Valentine/McDermott in previous deals).

I'd let MCW walk and not match any RFA deal over 6-7 million per.

I'd make calls at CP3, spearheaded by Wade/Melo/Jimmy (especially if LA was a first round exit). Likelihood is that he declines and stays for a monstrous amount of money in LA, but at least you asked.

If you can convince CP3 (25-30 million per), I would try to convince Wade to take a 6th man role (along with a smaller per year contract with more years - like a 3 year 45 million deal). Try to move Lopez (to open up cap space for CP3), match any deal for Felicio, try to resign Taj for 12 million per (if not, let him walk), and see if Chris Bosh can actually play (he most likely stays retired). Then I would move Jimmy back to SG, and shop for a 3nD wing (or try Zipser in that spot), and try to get a ring chasing center (or draft one in the 2nd round).

If you can't convince CP3 to leave (most likely), move down the line to get a free agent PG, starting with Jrue/Hill/Mills. If you miss on all of them, keep Lopez, match on Felicio, dangle draft picks or young players at NJ for Jeremy Lin. If you aren't able to upgrade at PG from Grant, then play Jimmy at point, try to get a stretch PF that is a + on defense, and move Melo back to SF.

Off season - Without Melo or Lou Williams
Make a hard push for Jrue Holiday/Gordon Hayward/Trade target with your cap space. If you miss, spend a year to develop the guys you currently have. Ask Wade to take a bench role, if not, send him to a contender. Let Gibson walk. Try to move Lopez and start Felicio (while matching any deal). Take a year to develop the young guys and develop a chemistry between the players and Jimmy. Keep whoever improves, and then take a swing again the off season
franku82
Senior
And1: 30

Post#1916 » by franku82 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:24 pm

I thought this thread was about actual rumors? Seems like it's just about, random trade ideas.
bullscolts1021
Junior
And1: 88

Post#1917 » by bullscolts1021 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:27 pm

franku82 wrote:I thought this thread was about actual rumors? Seems like it's just about, random trade ideas.
MisterRoy
Veteran

Trade Deadline Rumors 

Post#1918 » by MisterRoy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:31 pm

franku82 wrote:I thought this thread was about actual rumors? Seems like it's just about, random trade ideas.

Scope creep! Let's bring it back in then...

ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#1919 » by ATRAIN53 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:31 pm

I do see us trying to land a 3 point shooter at this deadline. Who or what that is I dunno.

Darren Collison is in the top 10 this year and rumored to be avail. Expiring deal.....

MIL has a SG that is hitting @ .400 clip this year also on an expiring deal...... :lol:

If we move Doug and Niko we'll be an even worst 3 point shooting team and we're currently the worst as it is.
But these guys aren't getting it done in a contract year and in today's #wehandoutbigmoneytoanyone era they should be very motivated to.

We need a shooter and not many out there......
sh0ck
Starter
And1: 1,024

Post#1920 » by sh0ck » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:32 pm

I guess trade ideas based on actual rumors?

haha, but you're right, back on topic now

Return to Chicago Bulls