Image ImageImage Image

Around the NBA: Playoff Edition

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Re: RE: Re: Around the NBA: 2016-17 Stretch Run Edition 

Post#981 » by kyrv » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:46 pm

Axxo wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
Axxo wrote:
Bucks are coming along nicely. J.Kidd isn't a bad coach at all. Well..we can at least say he is better than our coach. And flippin Brogdon dude...that is what MCW should be playing like.

I too like the Bucks, probably my second favorite team, but it's funny that so often here there seems to be a "grass is greener on the other side" mentality. I follow a number of Bucks bloggers on twitter, they frequently complain about Kidd's rotations.

That said, I still like Kidd more than Hoiberg.

Just saying, they have 2 more wins then us.

True but who has the brighter future..?

Neither.
kyrv
RealGM

Post#982 » by kyrv » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:48 pm

bulliedog8 wrote:
Axxo wrote:
bulliedog8 wrote:
Lose lose either way. Id probably lean hoiberg.

See I'd take the better of the two. I have seen Cavs fans on their forum complain about Lue's rotations. Seems not to be such a big deal as a whole. Bucks are playing the way Hoiberg is supposed to be playing. Even Hubbie Brown shot down Hoibergs coaching. Coaches never do that to other coaches.

I think Hoiberg is bad, but I dont think he has full control. He wouldnt be changing rotations as much if it werent for Gar IMO. He'd still be bad, but I think the bulls would be in the 5 seed area, where us fans would cry about how we should be a 2-3 instead of a 5 to 8. Whereas now, we are a 9 seed crying about how we should be around 6-7

I agree. Hoiberg has not looked great at all. But he needs a non-garbage roster of current NBA style players for a fair result.

Pringles was an idiot in NY and LA and now he's a good coach, like he was in Phoenix. :dontknow:
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Re: Around the NBA: 2016-17 Stretch Run Edition 

Post#983 » by kingkirk » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:53 pm

BrooklynBulls wrote: I think the max for 2 years is the furthest anyone should wisely pay for him. Which is still a ridiculous 35m/year. But at least it pays him while he's good/decent. He's going to drop off a cliff, probably before even that contract is up. He's poisoned candy.

I can agree to that. Only reason I didn't say 2 years because so one will be dumb enough to give him a huge deal e.g. Denver.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,381

Post#984 » by drosestruts » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:18 pm

kyrv wrote:
Axxo wrote:
drosestruts wrote:

I too like the Bucks, probably my second favorite team, but it's funny that so often here there seems to be a "grass is greener on the other side" mentality. I follow a number of Bucks bloggers on twitter, they frequently complain about Kidd's rotations.

That said, I still like Kidd more than Hoiberg.

Just saying, they have 2 more wins then us.

Neither.

I'd agree, Giannis' max money kicks in next year, the year after that Jabari's extension (if they give him one) kicks in. Milwaukee has been drafting decently, I admire their willingness to take home-run swings (Giannis & Thon), and even if they didn't pan out (or haven't) I did like the additions of Dellevedova and Teletovic.

They've gone from 8 seed, to out of the playoffs, now they're back to being a low seed in the playoffs. What's the ceiling here? They seem to be inconsistent, just like us. Can they afford to keep their nucleus together? Lot of question marks for them.
realEAST
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#985 » by realEAST » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:18 pm

jc23 wrote:another reason why the league is less grueling today vs the past...social media booty lol.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/presents18969358/tinderization-today-nba

Guess it still boosts their ego as they have "scored", yet there isn't more effort put into it than getting a ladys of the night favors. Win-win for them
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#986 » by samwana » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:48 pm

bulliedog8 wrote:
Axxo wrote:Yeah he is a college bball lifer coach.

Garpax wouldnt do it, but Id love the next coach to be Ron Adams.

Gar wouldn't and Adams probably won't even pick up the phone when Gar is calling him.
Paxson is a different story I think.

If Gar is finally gone there will be a sigh of relief all through the whole organization imo. Read the article in my sig.

I can't wait for Gar to leave and be gone to never be seen again.
kyrv
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Around the NBA: 2016-17 Stretch Run Edition 

Post#987 » by kyrv » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:36 pm

drosestruts wrote:
kyrv wrote:
Axxo wrote:

Neither.

I'd agree, Giannis' max money kicks in next year, the year after that Jabari's extension (if they give him one) kicks in. Milwaukee has been drafting decently, I admire their willingness to take home-run swings (Giannis & Thon), and even if they didn't pan out (or haven't) I did like the additions of Dellevedova and Teletovic.

They've gone from 8 seed, to out of the playoffs, now they're back to being a low seed in the playoffs. What's the ceiling here? They seem to be inconsistent, just like us. Can they afford to keep their nucleus together? Lot of question marks for them.

And the greek freak is great, but he has not elevated his team like normal best player on a title team guys.

They look to be continuing in NBA hell, albeit at a higher level, which counts for little to nothing.

Bucks and 76ers owning the East in 20 short order as I've read here just isn't going to happen.
kyrv
RealGM

Post#988 » by kyrv » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:40 pm

bulliedog8 wrote:
Axxo wrote:Yeah he is a college bball lifer coach.

Garpax wouldnt do it, but Id love the next coach to be Ron Adams.

How many of the many better GMs have hired Adams as head coach? Not like he's new on the scene.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#989 » by Rerisen » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:28 am

kyrv wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
kyrv wrote:
Neither.

And the greek freak is great, but he has not elevated his team like normal best player on a title team guys.

They look to be continuing in NBA hell, albeit at a higher level, which counts for little to nothing.

Bucks and 76ers owning the East in 20 short order as I've read here just isn't going to happen.

Don't be crazy, I'm told it would be well worth it to tank for 5 years if we end up with a Giannis Bucks team barely making the playoffs.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#990 » by kingkirk » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:37 am

kyrv wrote:And the greek freak is great, but he has not elevated his team like normal best player on a title team guys.

Giannis is old enough to be a senior in college right now and is in his first season of being a superstar.

kyrv wrote:They look to be continuing in NBA hell, albeit at a higher level, which counts for little to nothing.

:lol: The Bucks' situation isn't even remotely the same as what the Bulls are going through, who are in NBA hell.

kyrv wrote:Bucks and 76ers owning the East in 20 short order as I've read here just isn't going to happen.

Ok, I now believe this to be true because you've said it.
FecesOfDeath
Head Coach
And1: 1,675

Post#991 » by FecesOfDeath » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:22 am

Giannis is just getting started. He's basically a lower BBIQ Lebron James in Kevin Durant's body, and his BBIQ is still growing.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,381

Post#992 » by drosestruts » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:26 am

Miami just lost to Toronto, we are now 0.5 games back from the 8th spot. This is Miami's remaining schedule:

@Boston
@Detroit
@New York
Vs. New York
Vs. Denver
@Charlotte
@Toronto
@DC
Vs.Cleveland
Vs.Washington

Compare that to our schedule:

Vs.Philly
@ Milwaukee
Vs.Cleveland
Vs.Atlanta
@New Orleans
@Knicks
@Philly
@Brooklyn
Vs.Orlando
Vs.Brooklyn

Miami faces 5 teams over .500, we face 3. If we win tomorrow night we're tied for the 8th seed.

We won the season series against Miami 2-1 so we have the tie breaker over them.

I'm rooting hard for the playoffs, will be even better if we can avoid Cleveland in round 1.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#993 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:27 am

Highly likely the Bucks get the 5th seed. ATL is only a game up and imploding right now. In a free fall. Then they could give the Wiz or Raps all they can handle.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#994 » by kingkirk » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:33 am

I find it hilarious that certain people are **** on the Bucks despite having Giannis, who will be better than Butler next season (if he’s not already) whilst having Middleton as a 2nd option, who is far better than anything the Bulls have.

They also have Brogdon, Thon and Parker, the latter of whom could still develop into a very good player.

But sure, they’re in the same place as the Bulls. God some people talk some ****…
Bulls03
General Manager
And1: 1,825

Post#995 » by Bulls03 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:40 am

Mark K wrote:I find it hilarious that certain people are **** on the Bucks despite having Giannis, who will be better than Butler next season (if he’s not already) whilst having Middleton as a 2nd option, who is far better than anything the Bulls have.

They also have Brogdon, Thon and Parker, the latter of whom could still develop into a very good player.

But sure, they’re in the same place as the Bulls. God some people talk some ****…

Giannis is already better than Butler. They have one of the brightest futures in the league. Its crazy brogden is 2 years older than Giannis.
Bulls03
General Manager
And1: 1,825

Post#996 » by Bulls03 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:42 am

drosestruts wrote:Miami just lost to Toronto, we are now 0.5 games back from the 8th spot. This is Miami's remaining schedule:

@Boston
@Detroit
@New York
Vs. New York
Vs. Denver
@Charlotte
@Toronto
@DC
Vs.Cleveland
Vs.Washington

Compare that to our schedule:

Vs.Philly
@ Milwaukee
Vs.Cleveland
Vs.Atlanta
@New Orleans
@Knicks
@Philly
@Brooklyn
Vs.Orlando
Vs.Brooklyn

Miami faces 5 teams over .500, we face 3. If we win tomorrow night we're tied for the 8th seed.

We won the season series against Miami 2-1 so we have the tie breaker over them.

I'm rooting hard for the playoffs, will be even better if we can avoid Cleveland in round 1.

We've **** ourselves enough this season, if we don't get in the playoffs based on comparing our schedules, we've just **** our selves even more.

Waiters is out for awhile and Whiteside has 13 stitches in his hand and sprained his ankle tonight
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#997 » by Axxo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:32 am

Bulls03 wrote:
Mark K wrote:I find it hilarious that certain people are **** on the Bucks despite having Giannis, who will be better than Butler next season (if he’s not already) whilst having Middleton as a 2nd option, who is far better than anything the Bulls have.

Giannis is already better than Butler. They have one of the brightest futures in the league. Its crazy brogden is 2 years older than Giannis.

This is exactly what I've been saying.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,019

Post#998 » by Chi town » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:13 am

It's nonsense. They can't see now or in the future.
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,290

Post#999 » by dumbell78 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:22 am

Milwaukee is in NBA hell and the Bulls are in a comfy good ol place. Only on this board. I sure wish GarPax would go for NBA hell at some point.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#1000 » by MrSparkle » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:34 am

The Bucks are definitely better than their record shows.

Can't believe that Parker went out right before Middleton came back.

That would've been a nightmare team to face in the playoffs.

Pretty sure they'd beat Chicago 4-1 as is.

Return to Chicago Bulls