Image ImageImage Image

PG: Happy Sons Day

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Re: PG: Happy Sons Day 

Post#321 » by Rerisen » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:17 am

Mark K wrote:I came into this thread (quoting no one) and added that Butler shouldn't escape criticism for some of the possessions he had. That's not a controversial take.

No one said it was a controversial take. In fact, I agreed right away that Butler does make bad hero ball plays.

You then quoted my post, suggesting the anti-Butler takes or ones that are critical of him are done for two reasons:

No I did not say anti-Butler takes, I said the reason every PG loss seems to become dominated with talk of that specific issue to the virtual exclusion of all other talk about a game.

I fall into the first category because I want to tank.

No you don't. You want to tank, but you don't need to blame every loss on Butler to justify your reasons to tank right?

dumbass one-liner posts that are critical of Butler?

I wish they were only one liners, instead of paragraphs and paragraphs. :lol:
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,637

Post#322 » by DuckIII » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:23 am

Rerisen wrote:
DuckIII wrote:I love you. And I love Jimmy Butler. And I hate Derrick Rose. And I don't hate every non-player or non-coach not named Thibs. But I want to trade Jimmy Butler and fire the FO.

How many posts, words, and shifting narratives will it take before Rerisen feels he's defined and packaged me into a different definition of what I believe and why I believe it? Hypothetically of course.

The current topic in this postgame has absolutely nothing to do with you or arguments from your position. I've written in many other posts that wanting the Bulls to start over due to how little talent we have, Jimmy's age, or limited assets, is an undestandable position.

That is entirely different from the postgame rants that don't even attempt to analyze a game at large, and are simple long winded diatribes about why Butler cost a game, is a 'fake superstar', and all this nonsense about him holding back what we supposedly already have here. That his scoring is a mirage due to dependence on FTs, that he is so much more ball dominant than other stars, or so much more selfish, all these type of arguments that there is no evidence for in objective numbers.

So it was one post. And I had a few beers so maybe it's not spot on, but about 130 words. Shifting narratives? Subjective call. I saw at least 3. Minimum shift,1 per 40 words.

Syllable count excluded.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,637

Post#323 » by DuckIII » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:24 am

Mark K wrote:
DuckIII wrote:I love you.

I stopped reading there.

Too bad. But you saw the best of it.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#324 » by Rerisen » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:29 am

DuckIII wrote:
Rerisen wrote:
DuckIII wrote:I love you. And I love Jimmy Butler. And I hate Derrick Rose. And I don't hate every non-player or non-coach not named Thibs. But I want to trade Jimmy Butler and fire the FO.

How many posts, words, and shifting narratives will it take before Rerisen feels he's defined and packaged me into a different definition of what I believe and why I believe it? Hypothetically of course.

The current topic in this postgame has absolutely nothing to do with you or arguments from your position. I've written in many other posts that wanting the Bulls to start over due to how little talent we have, Jimmy's age, or limited assets, is an undestandable position.

That is entirely different from the postgame rants that don't even attempt to analyze a game at large, and are simple long winded diatribes about why Butler cost a game, is a 'fake superstar', and all this nonsense about him holding back what we supposedly already have here. That his scoring is a mirage due to dependence on FTs, that he is so much more ball dominant than other stars, or so much more selfish, all these type of arguments that there is no evidence for in objective numbers.

So it was one post. And I had a few beers so maybe it's not spot on, but about 130 words. Shifting narratives? Subjective call. I saw at least 3. Minimum shift,1 per 30 words.

Syllable count excluded.

I'd probably have to down a few myself to figure out this one.

The topic just wasn't about you.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#325 » by Stratmaster » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:46 am

Bulls03 wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:I should add, Rondo is quickly becoming the MVP of the team. Not the best player, but the MVP. Remember that one Rerisen? :)

He is the difference maker.

He was really good for 3 quarters or so. Really bad the rest of the way.

You can say the same thing for anyone else on the team.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#326 » by Stratmaster » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:52 am

Ice Man wrote:It seems improbable to me that in 50 years, NBA coaches and GMs haven't learned that running their normal offense is the best way to finish games, and letting the star have the ball loses games. I mean, people can be stupid, but that is a whole lot of stupid, for a tremendously long time, in a situation where the payoff is very, very large for being right.

My guess is that various factors -- fatigue, defensive adjustments, whatever -- make this situation more complicated than "just run the offense like you did in the first quarter." Just a guess, but it seems more likely than "they're all stupid."

Who said "run the offense just like you din in the first quarter"?

It seems to me improbable that in all the threads we have had discussing this the posters here forgot all their basketball and m,ade the statement like you characterized it. I mean, posters can be stupid, but that is a whole lot of stupid, for a tremendously long time. My guess is that every one of those posters has mentioned various factors that explain the concern in amuch more complex fashion. Just a guess, but it seems more likely than "all the posters are stupid".
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#327 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:52 am

GetBuLLish wrote:
Mark K wrote:But it’s another thing to dismiss or overlook Butler holding the ball for entire possessions then shooting a **** shot and blaming everyone else but him.

As far as I can recall, throughout the history of the NBA, any star player who has consistently failed to lead successful teams has gotten intense criticism for failing to do so. From Tracy McGrady to Carmelo Anthony to Kevin Love. Lebron James used to get bashed when his teams would lose back in the old Cleveland days, even though he was surrounded by crap. Heck, even MJ used to get criticized for not being able to win a championship as the NBA's leading scorer.

But there is a very loud contingent of fans on this board that think Jimmy Butler should be the sole exception to this rule.

Yeah, that's pretty much false.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#328 » by Stratmaster » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:53 am

Bomba Navarro wrote:
Ice Man wrote:It seems improbable to me that in 50 years, NBA coaches and GMs haven't learned that running their normal offense is the best way to finish games, and letting the star have the ball loses games. I mean, people can be stupid, but that is a whole lot of stupid, for a tremendously long time, in a situation where the payoff is very, very large for being right.

My guess is that various factors -- fatigue, defensive adjustments, whatever -- make this situation more complicated than "just run the offense like you did in the first quarter." Just a guess, but it seems more likely than "they're all stupid."

RealGM posters are clever, NBA coaches are dumb. Stats proving the one player playing up to scratch is a f'king hundred miles from being the problem are also dumb. RealGM posters' "takes" are clever.

Bottom line, RealGM is fortunate to have us post here.

Do either of the two of you have a point to make or you are just looking to be sarcastic asses?

Return to Chicago Bulls