Image ImageImage Image

New Interviews With a Couple of Bulls Oldheads

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,052

New Interviews With a Couple of Bulls Oldheads 

Post#1 » by erlim » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:37 am

In addition to Pax on Gimmie the Hotsauce and Noah on Knuckleheads;

We got Ronnie Brewer on Bulls Central talking about his time and experience on the Bulls in the DRose era:

Randy Brown is on Gimmie the Hotsauce trying to clear his reputation of being GarPax’s mole/snitch:

One thing that really strikes me about these interviews is how much people were moved by DRose’s absolute dedication to win for the city. Each and every person mentions how laser focused and committed he was in trying to lift up Chicago.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,603

Re: New Interviews With a Couple of Bulls Oldheads 

Post#2 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:01 pm

D Rose fall was the worst I have ever seen. He was the cities favorite son, how could we not all love this humble kid, who was the most exciting thing in the city from MJ, who was also a hometime kid and a success story? What was not to love about him. Of course tragedy happened and Rose had the wrong advisors and he left town a complete 180 from what he was a few years before. Say that injury never happens not hard to imagine that Rose would have been neck and neck with MJ for most beloved. He didn’t need to surpass him accomplishment wise to do that, he was loved. Then he was hated, I heard the final crack, boom and fall of his support when he said he needed to walk at his kids graduation… the whole situation had gone from truly something so heartwarming to just horribly ugly. While I get that Reggie and BJ were protecting their client, a more experienced agent could have handled the situation better and that fallout isn’t so bad. The inept responses or lack thereof of the FO on,y added to the tension, so ugly.

With the last dance we closed out the MJ era, and with these interviews it feels like we are closing out the Rose era, this new team is ready to fully take on its identity. It’s pretty awesome.

Thanks for posting these I’ll listen to the
erlim
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by erlim » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:50 am

Not that this is really strictly Bulls related in content, but everybody’s favorite Mr. Chicago Bull, Larry Hughes, does talk a lot about playing with Jordan in Washington.

ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#4 » by ATRAIN53 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:03 pm

awesome, I'm so in in that Larry Hughes one.

will add to my que - thanks for the FYI sand links guys, love these player interviews.
feel like a website to keep track of these old/new/archived would be kinda cool......
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#5 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:08 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:awesome, I'm so in in that Larry Hughes one.

will add to my que - thanks for the FYI sand links guys, love these player interviews.
feel like a website to keep track of these old/new/archived would be kinda cool......

Listen to Knuckleheads if you don’t already. Best interviews imho. Plus lots of Chicago bias from Q Rich. The George Gervin and Dr J interviews are great but the Noah and J Craw ones from this season were really cool as a Bulls fan. I will say in the Chicago talk, the Juwan Howard one made me respect him a lot too. Really good man he is.
erlim
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by erlim » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:20 am

I don't understand why, but Eddie Robinson is on this podcast quite a lot. You can search that channel for way more discussion with him and the first version of the baby Bulls. It's a hockey podcast, so I feel like the host doesn't really understand how to ask his way around Basketball. A while back there was a very involved and detailed takedown of Pax from Eddie Robinson and that change in that regime from the Krause to the Pax era. This one goes further in to detail how draconian the Bulls were and how much they fined Eddie.

Here's an even newer one from March. I'm not sure why Eddie makes the rounds so much in podcast land. 48:48 is when the Bulls talk starts. Reaaaally interesting to hear about this extreme sociopathic turn Paxson had in his demeanor according to ERob. I guess Pax would show up at ERob's house unannounced a bunch which is definitely sus. He's got some weird stories about it, as well as touching a bit on Pippen coming back in '03. Definitely worth a listen.

A couple months back Gilbert Arenas did an interview with John Lucas III where he goes into explicit detail about getting dunked on/soul robbed by Lebron.

erlim
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by erlim » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:18 pm

There’s a recent podcast with Ben Gordon, but I didn’t post it; it’s really unsettling and he seems very out of sorts…There was a lot of stuff with Nocioni during the olympics but when I ask my wife from Spain if she’d tell me what he’s saying, just says, “no, learn Spanish.”
ATRAIN53
Head Coach

Post#8 » by ATRAIN53 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:07 pm

erlim wrote:There’s a recent podcast with Ben Gordon, but I didn’t post it; it’s really unsettling and he seems very out of sorts…There was a lot of stuff with Nocioni during the olympics but when I ask my wife from Spain if she’d tell me what he’s saying, just says, “no, learn Spanish.”

I'd like to hear that.
My wife is fluent in espanol, I'm great at spanglish.

Is this it?

Something called "No Referees" and from Jan 2020
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/269-no-referees-podcast-54152337/episode/ben-gordon-56641880/

I love the player interviews, esp these off the cuff ones that really let them talk.

Michael Jackson wrote:Listen to Knuckleheads if you don’t already. Best interviews imho. Plus lots of Chicago bias from Q Rich. The George Gervin and Dr J interviews are great but the Noah and J Craw ones from this season were really cool as a Bulls fan. I will say in the Chicago talk, the Juwan Howard one made me respect him a lot too. Really good man he is.

Knuckleheads already in my que, I listen to a lot of their stuff. They really have gotten good, they don't talk over the guests as much and perfect 40 min interviews. I like their guest lists, not always top shelf guys I know or care much about - but then you listen and learn a lot about them and the next time you see/hear them you have such a different perspective.

I didn't know Hibachi had his own show now, his KH interview a few years ago was great.

I really wish i had time to listen to more and I wish i could listen while I do other things, but they do require a captive listener which is tough to always be.

thanks for the new listens, keep posting these gems-
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,811

Post#9 » by Jcool0 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:24 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:D Rose fall was the worst I have ever seen. He was the cities favorite son, how could we not all love this humble kid, who was the most exciting thing in the city from MJ, who was also a hometime kid and a success story? What was not to love about him. Of course tragedy happened and Rose had the wrong advisors and he left town a complete 180 from what he was a few years before. Say that injury never happens not hard to imagine that Rose would have been neck and neck with MJ for most beloved. He didn’t need to surpass him accomplishment wise to do that, he was loved. Then he was hated, I heard the final crack, boom and fall of his support when he said he needed to walk at his kids graduation… the whole situation had gone from truly something so heartwarming to just horribly ugly. While I get that Reggie and BJ were protecting their client, a more experienced agent could have handled the situation better and that fallout isn’t so bad. The inept responses or lack thereof of the FO on,y added to the tension, so ugly.

With the last dance we closed out the MJ era, and with these interviews it feels like we are closing out the Rose era, this new team is ready to fully take on its identity. It’s pretty awesome.

Rose biggest issue was he got somewhat overrated by the MVP season. I think once the 3 point era hit he was going to be somewhat left behind and once he wasn't a top 5 athlete anymore he was going to be what he is now. So even without the injury he would of still divided some of the fans. Probably similar to what is happening now with John Wall. Where the is good but not worth what he is making.
erlim
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by erlim » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:12 am

ATRAIN53 wrote:I'd like to hear that.
My wife is fluent in espanol, I'm great at spanglish.

Is this it?

Something called "No Referees" and from Jan 2020
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/269-no-referees-podcast-54152337/episode/ben-gordon-56641880/

I love the player interviews, esp these off the cuff ones that really let them talk.

Here’s some very recent Nocioni stuff I found browsing YouTube. Let us know if you can highlight any cool points! He seems to be super active, this stuff is just the first stuff I could find.

Noc comes in at 10:50.
erlim
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by erlim » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:32 am

This one is really intriguing and just popped up in my feed. Haven’t had time to watch it. Stacey King interviews Thad Young.

Edit: a little bit into it…funny to hear Stacy’s reaction to Boylen coming up in conversation.

ATRAIN53
Head Coach

Post#12 » by ATRAIN53 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:56 pm

Thanks man, I'll try to find some time to give those Noch ones a listen.
He looks good in thos eclips, I wonder what he is doing now - is he around the game still?

We're about to hit the busiest time of the years with MLB playoffs coming up and NBA launching, so finding time is tough!
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#13 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:19 am

erlim wrote:Here's an even newer one from March. I'm not sure why Eddie makes the rounds so much in podcast land. 48:48 is when the Bulls talk starts. Reaaaally interesting to hear about this extreme sociopathic turn Paxson had in his demeanor according to ERob. I guess Pax would show up at ERob's house unannounced a bunch which is definitely sus. He's got some weird stories about it, as well as touching a bit on Pippen coming back in '03. Definitely worth a listen.

Don't know how much I take ERob's word but I absolutely believe Paxson has a bit of psychopath.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#14 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:11 pm

Not sure where to put this so this is as good of a place as any

Listened to the lock'd on Bulls podcast with Zach Gilford (Midnight Mass, Friday Night Lights) and it was hilarious. He tells the story about his Pippen tattoo, which he got when MJ retired the first time because he "effe MJ, Pippen is the man". The guy is a legit Bulls fan for sure and he was also great in Midnight Mass.
wickywack
Junior
And1: 293

Post#15 » by wickywack » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:48 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
erlim wrote:Here's an even newer one from March. I'm not sure why Eddie makes the rounds so much in podcast land. 48:48 is when the Bulls talk starts. Reaaaally interesting to hear about this extreme sociopathic turn Paxson had in his demeanor according to ERob. I guess Pax would show up at ERob's house unannounced a bunch which is definitely sus. He's got some weird stories about it, as well as touching a bit on Pippen coming back in '03. Definitely worth a listen.

Don't know how much I take ERob's word but I absolutely believe Paxson has a bit of psychopath.

Pax had his faults, but I cannot blame him for blowing up that team he inherited. ERob complaining about Pax is a bit like Felicio complaining that AK didn't give him a chance.

ERob has (IMO) a point on the triangle being a bad fit for that team, but that was more Krause era. Pax ditched it pretty quickly I think.
iqureshi
Junior
And1: 211

Post#16 » by iqureshi » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:59 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:D Rose fall was the worst I have ever seen. He was the cities favorite son, how could we not all love this humble kid, who was the most exciting thing in the city from MJ, who was also a hometime kid and a success story? What was not to love about him. Of course tragedy happened and Rose had the wrong advisors and he left town a complete 180 from what he was a few years before. Say that injury never happens not hard to imagine that Rose would have been neck and neck with MJ for most beloved. He didn’t need to surpass him accomplishment wise to do that, he was loved. Then he was hated, I heard the final crack, boom and fall of his support when he said he needed to walk at his kids graduation… the whole situation had gone from truly something so heartwarming to just horribly ugly. While I get that Reggie and BJ were protecting their client, a more experienced agent could have handled the situation better and that fallout isn’t so bad. The inept responses or lack thereof of the FO on,y added to the tension, so ugly.

Lavine makes the Rose situation so much more frustrating. I get no two injuries are the same, but why couldn't Rose come back stronger and better then before, like many ACL injuries. How long he took, and kinda just gave up cause he didn't trust his body. Didn't have great charisma or speaking ability, so didn't help he couldn't articulate better. It took alot to make him the abandoned son, but he somehow pulled it off. Maybe its best local kids don't play for the local team.
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,955

Post#17 » by Axl Rose » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:07 am

iqureshi wrote:Lavine makes the Rose situation so much more frustrating. I get no two injuries are the same, but why couldn't Rose come back stronger and better then before, like many ACL injuries. How long he took, and kinda just gave up cause he didn't trust his body. Didn't have great charisma or speaking ability, so didn't help he couldn't articulate better. It took alot to make him the abandoned son, but he somehow pulled it off. Maybe its best local kids don't play for the local team.

Roses style utilized his knees far more with his quick cutting, hop steps, etc. Zach is a more naturally gifted scorer that happens to be able to jump out of the gym also.
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#18 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:15 am

Axl Rose wrote:
iqureshi wrote:Lavine makes the Rose situation so much more frustrating. I get no two injuries are the same, but why couldn't Rose come back stronger and better then before, like many ACL injuries. How long he took, and kinda just gave up cause he didn't trust his body. Didn't have great charisma or speaking ability, so didn't help he couldn't articulate better. It took alot to make him the abandoned son, but he somehow pulled it off. Maybe its best local kids don't play for the local team.

Roses style utilized his knees far more off with his quick cutting, hop steps, etc. Zach is a more natural gifted scorer that happens to be able to jump out of the gym also.

Plus Rose likely hurt his knee compensating for his groin injury and everyone watching him knew he was going to get injured at some point. He attacked with reckless abandon and it was exciting but there are only so many times he could go without getting hurt. I think because he knew he got hurt from not being fully healthy that he felt he was going to get hurt again. That is the problem with being a player that relies on all athleticism, you always have to play at 100% to play to potential (I think AD suffers from this too) and most outside the outliers of Jordan and LeBron can't really keep that amazing thing going for long. I get his fear. His public handling of it was absolutely atrocious beyond belief.
ThreeMileAllan
Veteran
And1: 775

Post#19 » by ThreeMileAllan » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:14 am

erlim wrote:In addition to Pax on Gimmie the Hotsauce and Noah on Knuckleheads;

We got Ronnie Brewer on Bulls Central talking about his time and experience on the Bulls in the DRose era:

Randy Brown is on Gimmie the Hotsauce trying to clear his reputation of being GarPax’s mole/snitch:

One thing that really strikes me about these interviews is how much people were moved by DRose’s absolute dedication to win for the city. Each and every person mentions how laser focused and committed he was in trying to lift up Chicago.
I wish he didn't turn down the Bulls offer this offseason. How lit would this city be with Rose at pg even off the bench?!?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!
ThreeMileAllan
Veteran
And1: 775

Post#20 » by ThreeMileAllan » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:15 am

ATRAIN53 wrote:awesome, I'm so in in that Larry Hughes one.

Yes can we have big sticky for some of these links? It would he such a great reference

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!

Return to Chicago Bulls