Image ImageImage Image

Losing will be a blessing in disguise

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,820

Re: Losing will be a blessing in disguise 

Post#81 » by NZB2323 » Fri Oct 6, 2023 5:54 am

coldfish wrote:I thought about making a separate thread but I'll just dump it here.

The Bulls are screwed. They are functionally just buying time. Between's Lonzo's contract and the missing firsts, Chicago just doesn't have much to try to change things up.

Personally, I think they should trade Lavine and just go in the toilet. It seems they kind of agree and tested the waters on that. Given the epic haul Portland just got for Dame, I kind of wonder if AKME was asking for too much.

The only real hope here is that Patrick and Coby jump up and the new role players create an interesting team. Its possible. That's what AKME is now banking on. The upside here is limited but at least watchable.

The issue with trading Lavine is I’m not sure how much trade value he has considering his injury history, lack of defense and playoff success. I would compare the Bulls current situation to us being in Afghanistan. We can “blow it up,” or “pull out,” but considering the return it will look like a complete disaster.
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,436

Post#82 » by aguifs » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:27 am

50% ball will be so friggin bad. We're screwed
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#83 » by Ccwatercraft » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:29 pm

I have to go against the grain here and reiterate that I have confidence in this roster for the season. I think our slight adjustments along with player growth will be noticable. Our oldest player is in a contract year and we have have 2 new players that won't hesitate to shoot the open 3 with carter and craig and with them coby is more agressive with his open shots. Pat I'm not sure is quite there and ayo needs to bounce back but the additions offset their shortcomings.

The key is whether Billy fixes the offense and the players execute it properly.

It's weird reading some version of "we're cooked" so often here, but I don't view this team nearly as negative.

I have faith that akme aren't in a closed door meeting saying "we're cooked" and hopeful that they are working tirelessly to continue to search for ways to take us over the hump. The piece (solid 4/5) is out there, I have no idea who it is but hopefully they have a short list.
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,715

Post#84 » by Ctownbulls » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:52 pm

This smells like a 28 win team even before they start tanking.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,359

Post#85 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:23 pm

I'm a big optimistic, but this is the most down I have been on the Bulls in a long time.

I really don't feel we will get out of the gate well. And since we made no major roster changes, this will feel like an extra long 22-23 season.

I think most of the fans will bail early too.

After that I just want changes that puts us in a new hopeful light. If we rebuild, we rebuild. Just do it right this time where other teams are envious of us.
The Cult of Personality
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,436

Post#86 » by aguifs » Sun Feb 4, 2024 4:43 pm

I was sooo friggin right.

The ship has sailed.
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#87 » by Bandit King » Sun Feb 4, 2024 4:59 pm

Yes losing will teach coby white how to be a man!
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,961

Post#88 » by Wingy » Sun Feb 4, 2024 11:53 pm

Bandit King wrote:Yes losing will teach coby white how to be a man!

Uh. He has basically lost his entire career sans the one Lonzo season.
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,611

Post#89 » by jacoby1us » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:49 pm

aguifs wrote:I was sooo friggin right.

The ship has sailed.

Yes you were, I said the same roster would yield the same results from the beginning of this season and look at where we are? Our record is almost identical to include our offensive and defensive production. Not sure why people continue to be optimistic with this organization.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,961

Post#90 » by Wingy » Mon Feb 5, 2024 10:20 pm

jacoby1us wrote:
aguifs wrote:I was sooo friggin right.

The ship has sailed.

Yes you were, I said the same roster would yield the same results from the beginning of this season and look at where we are? Our record is almost identical to include our offensive and defensive production. Not sure why people continue to be optimistic with this organization.

Everyone could see this coming a million miles away except for the fools in charge.

Return to Chicago Bulls