Image ImageImage Image

Why is Jerry one of the worst owners in the NBA

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,473

Re: Why is Jerry one of the worst owners in the NBA 

Post#61 » by fleet » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:22 pm

Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,642

Post#62 » by Dominator83 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:39 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
step wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:Suddenly the max contracts were sub 10 million when they came back. Hell even in 2010 the Heatles all initially signed for under 10 I think like 9.5. Too lazy to look it up.

$14.5M for the most part.
https://www.espn.com/nba/salaries/_/year/2011/seasontype/1

That makes sense since 9 was the max contract for the new CBA and this was a decade later. So on overage it was about a .5 million increase year over year.

I think They all took a "smidge less and Wade took the biggest hit because he would have been paid more due to his bird rights.

Did Amare do a sign and trade? Just interesting he made about 2 mil more than the Heatles so maybe it was more than a smidge, might have been close to 2 mil per...

Joe Johnson got like 20 Per that same off-season. Goes to show why they were always so mediocre when you have Joe freakin Johnson getting more than Lebron/Wade/Bosh in the same off-season :lol:
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,144

Post#63 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:48 pm

saw this the other day and thought it was spot on and a good summary of his blunders -- except that the game of thrones references seem a little dated. I might've picked a different framing device than a tv show that went off the air five years ago and is no longer part of the cultural zeitgeist.

also this quote annoyed me for a couple reasons:
In La Russa’s time as manager, the team went from competitive to mediocre in just two seasons as the world watched a lazing and unenthused keeper of an archaic style of play implement management techniques that clashed with the youth movement the White Sox had spent years developing. La Russa admonished fiery, competitive, vocal team leaders like Tim Anderson while stifling the growth and confidence of young players competing for their future like Yermín Mercedes.

La Russa never "admonished" Tim Anderson and the two have a very good relationship. the last time I heard TA speak publicly he went out of his way to shout out TLR. Actually, several "leaders" on that team when it was actually good spoke out in his favor without any goading. There was some braindead talk that La Russa is a white supremacist because he got mad at the Cuban guy (Mercedes) for swinging at a 3-0 pitch against a position player. Mercedes was god awful and had a terrible attitude to boot, he had literally two good weeks in his professional career then stopped playing baseball, the author doesn't really need to exaggerate these things to make his point, his growth wasn't "stifled" he was just a bad player with a bad attitude.

hiring La Russa was stupid especially when the alternative was Hinch but the team played well under him and, by any account I can find, liked playing for him. of course now we're stuck with the room temperature IQ guy who shouldn't be managing little league
greenl
Starter
And1: 1,520

Post#64 » by greenl » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:55 pm

The Bulls print money for Reinsdorf..bulls led the league in attendance, again. He has no incentive to make the team better. Put yourself in his shoes- Your restaurant is full every night and extremely profitable- would you make any changes?
"Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children." - Bill Hicks

Return to Chicago Bulls