Image ImageImage Image

2024 NBA Draft Thread (Early)

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,260

Re: 2024 NBA Draft Thread (Early) 

Post#441 » by Dan Z » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:25 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Would it be worth approaching Portland about acquiring their GSW FRP (currently 14th) for their FRP back? Probably unlikely, but would be a good way to get some cheap talent on the team.

Just a thought.

I don’t know the specific protections off the top of my head, but it’s my general impression that we’ve concluded that it’s very unlikely pick will convey as a first rounder. Hard to imagine them wanting to trade a definite first round pick to secure a pick that is likely to be a second rounder.

I guess it depends on how aggressive they plan to be with rebuilding as quickly as possible.

The protections run all the way to 2028, so while Portland will probably be bad for the foreseeable future, it seems still fairly possible they aren't in the lottery at some point during that window. Since the protections also prevent Portland from trading any of their firsts, it's probably worth something to them to get out of the deal if they can.

It's odd that those are the protections on that pick. The Bulls couldn't do better? I know Lauri wasn't current Lauri but he was still a player with potential.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,801

Post#442 » by Jcool0 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:56 am

Read on Twitter
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,421

Post#443 » by Muzbar » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:18 am

Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm certainly not opposed to Holland, he needs to work on his shot though, good thing they've got Patton on staff.

Holland is quite the athlete, something this Bulls team could definitely use, plus he seems like a pest defensively, he averaged over 2 steals a game in the G-League.

Buzelis is still my top choice, but he'll likely be gone by the time the Bulls pick, Holland on the other hand may still be there.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,825

Post#444 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:38 am

Muzbar wrote:Holland is quite the athlete, something this Bulls team could definitely use, plus he seems like a pest defensively, he averaged over 2 steals a game in the G-League.

We just need more talent. Don't care how young, or how old, it would be nice to add a player who actually has a skill right away that can contribute. Yes, even that can be a stretch in the draft, but for the team to ever take a step forward, we really need to hit big on one of our draft picks.
Why so serious?
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,421

Post#445 » by Muzbar » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:43 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Holland is quite the athlete, something this Bulls team could definitely use, plus he seems like a pest defensively, he averaged over 2 steals a game in the G-League.

We just need more talent. Don't care how young, or how old, it would be nice to add a player who actually has a skill right away that can contribute. Yes, even that can be a stretch in the draft, but for the team to ever take a step forward, we really need to hit big on one of our draft picks.

Oh, 100%.

I think this draft is being underrated a little bit, yes there's not really any clear cut no. 1 or even a top 3 but it is a pretty evenly talented draft throughout the first round IMO.

Having a top 4 pick in this draft just wouldn't be all that advantageous. Those guys have got to do alot more work now without there being a real consensus at the top.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,801

Post#446 » by Jcool0 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:58 pm

My realistic top 5 for the Bulls would be:

1. Matas Buzelis
2. Cody Williams
3. Ron Holland
4. Isaiah Collier
5. Kyle Filipowski

Dalton Knecht is intriguing. Good but not great athleticism. Big time scorer, not much of a play maker and defense is a concern. Might be good fit on this team as currently constructed but at 23 might already be at his ceiling.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,524

Post#447 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:26 pm

Every evaluator has Tyler Smith outside of the lottery for reasons that aren’t clear to me. He’s an athletic 3/4 with shooting upside who was actually efficient in the G League. There isn’t much self-creation to his game, but whose creation do you trust in our range?

He has late riser written all over him. This class is too thin to not consider him after 10 or so.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,364

Post#448 » by 2weekswithpay » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:12 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:Every evaluator has Tyler Smith outside of the lottery for reasons that aren’t clear to me. He’s an athletic 3/4 with shooting upside who was actually efficient in the G League. There isn’t much self-creation to his game, but whose creation do you trust in our range?

He has late riser written all over him. This class is too thin to not consider him after 10 or so.

He can't defend.

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,510

Post#449 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:Every evaluator has Tyler Smith outside of the lottery for reasons that aren’t clear to me. He’s an athletic 3/4 with shooting upside who was actually efficient in the G League. There isn’t much self-creation to his game, but whose creation do you trust in our range?

This class is too thin above 10 too.

Ideally we get the Haliburton of this draft
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Post#450 » by drosestruts » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:59 pm

I still have Smith has my top option in our range.

Seems very Christian Wood-esque to me from a skills standpoint. You hope he can develop and grow on the defensive end, but from day 1 I really like his combination of size, shooting, and athleticism.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 647

Post#451 » by Rose2Boozer » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:48 am

Smith is more of a four, small ball five, who is approaching his time to shine. The workout/combine season is where you'll see him start to get mocked in the lottery.
ROLES & HOLES
Jahensle
Veteran
And1: 363

Post#452 » by Jahensle » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:58 pm

If we beat Miami, where does our pick fall? I think it may also depend on who wins Kings/Pelicans.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,026

Post#453 » by Chi town » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:48 pm

The only thing he seems to be able to do is shoot. Which is something at his size and length but he doesn’t really offer anything else.

I’d take DaSilva and Shannon over Smith.
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,364

Post#454 » by 2weekswithpay » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:39 pm

Jahensle wrote:If we beat Miami, where does our pick fall? I think it may also depend on who wins Kings/Pelicans.

15th. It goes by the regular season record for non-playoff teams so we'd be 15th. The Pels and Kings both have better records so their pick will be higher.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,423

Post#455 » by jnrjr79 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:58 pm

2weekswithpay wrote:
Jahensle wrote:If we beat Miami, where does our pick fall? I think it may also depend on who wins Kings/Pelicans.

15th. It goes by the regular season record for non-playoff teams so we'd be 15th. The Pels and Kings both have better records so their pick will be higher.

Yeah, effectively, as the worst team (record-wise) to make it into the playoffs, the Bulls would have the highest non-lottery draft selection. Aside from losing a chance at moving up in the lottery, they'll drop several slots from where they otherwise would have been even absent lottery luck.
Guru
Starter
And1: 218

Post#456 » by Guru » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:58 pm

Dalton Knecht back on the list. Who are the other bigtime shooters?

[x]
Read on Twitter
[/x]
ChiTownHero1992
Starter
And1: 1,491

Post#457 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:35 pm

Well now that they're getting the S*** kicked out of them currently, officially time to turn to the draft and offseason threads lol
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,452

Post#458 » by LateNight » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:20 am

Sweet sweet #11 - here we come, baybee!!!
burlydee
Sixth Man
And1: 929

Post#459 » by burlydee » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:48 am

Reed Sheppard. That's the guy. If the Bulls win the lottery need to look past need and take best available guy. Interested to see how he measures but he look like the best college guy to me.

Going to start watching Euros now that season is over.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,260

Post#460 » by Dan Z » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:44 am

Muzbar wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm certainly not opposed to Holland, he needs to work on his shot though, good thing they've got Patton on staff.

Holland is quite the athlete, something this Bulls team could definitely use, plus he seems like a pest defensively, he averaged over 2 steals a game in the G-League.

Buzelis is still my top choice, but he'll likely be gone by the time the Bulls pick, Holland on the other hand may still be there.

My concern with Holland is that he ends up like Josh Jackson or the Thompson Twins. The Twins have potential, but its limited if their shooting doesn't improve.

Return to Chicago Bulls