Image ImageImage Image

2024 NBA Draft Thread (Early)

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,452

2024 NBA Draft Thread (Early) 

Post#1 » by LateNight » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:35 pm

Hey - so far, we’ve lost 100% of our games - but it’s never too early to start thinking about the draft.

College ball starts in like 2 weeks — Plus, we have our pick for once!

So who does everybody like this year?
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,611

Re: 2024 NBA Draft Thread (Early) 

Post#2 » by jacoby1us » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:02 pm

Bleacher Report currently has us at #10 taking DJ Wagner (PG/SG). Not a bad pick at all, he has been ranked 1/2 since he has been in High School for his class.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10090255-2024-nba-mock-draft-top-60-prospect-projections
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,865

Post#3 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:40 pm

Nikola Topic and Zach Edey are my guy right now.

Need to watch the freshman play in college first.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,414

Post#4 » by Muzbar » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:11 pm

Matas Buzelis please.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
boundbymusic
Senior
And1: 289

Post#5 » by boundbymusic » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:35 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:Nikola Topic and Zach Edey are my guy right now.

Edey would be a Bullsy wasted pick. College monster who doesn't translate to NBA. Maybe more Garpax vibes than AKME but all the same.

Tons of talent in this draft (not Wemby level but still). So happy to finally have a pick.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#6 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:17 pm

boundbymusic wrote:

Edey would be a Bullsy wasted pick. College monster who doesn't translate to NBA. Maybe more Garpax vibes than AKME but all the same.

Tons of talent in this draft (not Wemby level but still). So happy to finally have a pick.

I think there's risk with Edey, but if he hits you can't just be like "well, we'll get the next one".

His combination of size/coordination/shooting is unique.
boundbymusic
Senior
And1: 289

Post#7 » by boundbymusic » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:39 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
boundbymusic wrote:

I think there's risk with Edey, but if he hits you can't just be like "well, we'll get the next one".

He'll be played off the court in the playoffs just like Gogurt is.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#8 » by TheSuzerain » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:03 pm

boundbymusic wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
boundbymusic wrote:

He'll be played off the court in the playoffs just like Gogurt is.

He's way better offensively than Gobert (and worse defensively).

But Gobert goes #2 in a re-do of his draft, so I don't really understand the critique anyway.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,019

Post#9 » by Chi town » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:03 pm

Edey couldn’t even get a first round promise last draft. I like him and would draft him 2nd round.

Give me that Euro kid. Dude is a freak.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 647

Post#10 » by Rose2Boozer » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:34 pm

Tyler Smith from the G League Ignite is the prospect that would be great for the Bulls. The kid is a legit 6'10" or 6'11", pretty athletic, and can flat out shoot the basketball. Jason Hart has his hands full trying to make all of their prospects happy. The G League should probably look into a second development prospect team.
ROLES & HOLES
Chicagoat
Pro Prospect
And1: 979

Post#11 » by Chicagoat » Mon Nov 6, 2023 2:31 am

This Topic kid is looking legit. Elite production at such a young age, good height at 6'5, and a great finisher at the rim.

Serbian Manu GInobili. Pretty easy comparison for any 6'5 tall international guard prospect. But this kid makes it look easy

Nikola Topic vs Zadar: 27/6/10 with 2 steals and 3 turnovers on 66.7/75/100 shooting and 12 FTs made

Bulls should be targeting this kid
AKME? More like MEAK with how they're afraid to make a move to push us in one direction.

Continuity :banghead: :banghead:
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,918

Post#12 » by RSP83 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 1:38 pm

boundbymusic wrote:

I was intrigued with Edey, but after watching him play for Canada in FIBA World Cup, I think we should stay away from him. He made Hamed Haddadi looked like Nikola Jokic.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,961

Post#13 » by Wingy » Tue Nov 7, 2023 7:43 pm

Given an few insanely quick vid looks, on a limited number of guys (like Matas, Collier, Holland, Edwards, Castle) - the knee jerk guy I liked a lot is Alex Sarr.

That long, lanky, athletic, mobile shot blocking rim-runner. Looks coordinated enough handling the ball that he can become a threat for more.

Plus he’s French. He will recruit Wemby to the Bulls when things go wrong in San Antonio.

Sure would be nice to replace Vuc with a prospect like Sarr.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,609
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#14 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Wed Nov 8, 2023 1:00 am

Wingy wrote:Given an few insanely quick vid looks, on a limited number of guys (like Matas, Collier, Holland, Edwards, Castle) - the knee jerk guy I liked a lot is Alex Sarr.

That long, lanky, athletic, mobile shot blocking rim-runner. Looks coordinated enough handling the ball that he can become a threat for more.

Plus he’s French. He will recruit Wemby to the Bulls when things go wrong in San Antonio.

Sure would be nice to replace Vuc with a prospect like Sarr.

I love the idea of a French player coming to Chicago, especially if it somehow gives us a chance at Wemby, but I'm sure Parker is telling Wemby how great it was in SA. They'll probably be contenders in the next few seasons because of Pop. And to honest, as someone who lived in SA for 20 years, I'm okay with that. Great city.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,961

Post#15 » by Wingy » Wed Nov 8, 2023 1:38 am

mlitney01 wrote:I love the idea of a French player coming to Chicago, especially if it somehow gives us a chance at Wemby, but I'm sure Parker is telling Wemby how great it was in SA. They'll probably be contenders in the next few seasons because of Pop. And to honest, as someone who lived in SA for 20 years, I'm okay with that. Great city.

The Wemby part was a joke, but hey, ya never know. I just like the way Sarr moves at that height and wingspan. Definitely slight of frame, so I’d worry about any guy like that for health. Seems to fit a lot of the profile of what we want out of a center.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#16 » by Chi town » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:28 am

It has come time to distract ourselves during games with the draft. We are there.

Billy needs a PG or he doesn’t really coach. His PG is himself on the court. See Lonzo and Bev.

Here’s our guy. Plays like Luka. Kid has it.

https://youtu.be/abosJgXzN_o?si=pTavo5P9-v8AspqF
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,611

Post#17 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:58 am

Sam Vecenie of the Athletic is one of the best(maybe the best) draft analysts, and he currently has no player in this draft class in his tier one, or tier two group.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,512

Post#18 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:09 am

Chi town wrote:It has come time to distract ourselves during games with the draft. We are there.

Billy needs a PG or he doesn’t really coach. His PG is himself on the court. See Lonzo and Bev.

I’m squinting real hard to see it, but this guy doesn’t look like an NBA athlete to me.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Chi town
RealGM

Post#19 » by Chi town » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:21 am

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Chi town wrote:It has come time to distract ourselves during games with the draft. We are there.

I’m squinting real hard to see it, but this guy doesn’t look like an NBA athlete to me.

Keep watching. He changes speeds and plays at a slower longer stride. Uses his strength well. Can really shoot it.

Also plays a lot like Giddey.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#20 » by Chi town » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:22 am

Repeat 3-peat wrote:Sam Vecenie of the Athletic is one of the best(maybe the best) draft analysts, and he currently has no player in this draft class in his tier one, or tier two group.

Players will emerge. They always do.

Return to Chicago Bulls