Image ImageImage Image

Step 1 of a rebuild is to fire AKME

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Flopper
Veteran
And1: 2,480

Re: Step 1 of a rebuild is to fire AKME 

Post#281 » by Flopper » Sun Dec 3, 2023 5:23 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if ME ends up taking the fall for the last 4 years. Hopefully his replacement also has a name that's conducive to creating a slick acronym or portmanteau for the FO.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,649

Post#282 » by DuckIII » Sun Dec 3, 2023 5:28 pm

Flopper wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if ME ends up taking the fall for the last 4 years. Hopefully his replacement also has a name that's conducive to creating a slick acronym or portmanteau for the FO.

One letter change would be sufficient. I'm rooting the initials FE. AKFECES has a nice ring to it.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#283 » by HomoSapien » Sun Dec 3, 2023 5:48 pm

Wingy wrote:Remember when some people got excited because they thought we were gonna get Moe Wagner in a trade, but then flipped him for Javonte?!

Moe is absolutely killing it as a key offensive bench piece aiding Orlando’s rise.

7th best in the entire league with a 70.4 TS%, and sporting a 21+ PER.

Loved Javonte in a vacuum, but isn’t that so AK to choose a 6’4” guy over a 6’11” guy?

Always comedy looking back at an AK move.

Yeah, I always thought Mo Wagner had potential and hated that trade. Honestly, he looks like he’s pretty much as good as Vuc now too. Even Theis is making a nice impact with the Clippers. Was surprised we just let him walk after trading for him and starting him.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,961

Post#284 » by Wingy » Sun Dec 3, 2023 7:16 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Yeah, I always thought Mo Wagner had potential and hated that trade. Honestly, he looks like he’s pretty much as good as Vuc now too. Even Theis is making a nice impact with the Clippers. Was surprised we just let him walk after trading for him and starting him.

I didn’t watch Mo enough to have an opinion, but I remember a number of folks here excited then disappointed we didn’t get him.

Agree on Theis. He was a solid role playing big at a reasonable cost. Why bring him in if you were just going to move on anyway??
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,312

Post#285 » by d boy gentleman » Mon Dec 4, 2023 1:58 am

DuckIII wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Whoever gets hired. And I’m totally fine with that.

And what difference does that make?

Them not being here anymore.

Jerry Reinsdorf will still be the owner. Or, do you simply want a GM that is going to trade everyone for scraps just to make you feel good and think they're doing something?

You clearly have no idea what my opinions are. "Doing something" rather than being patient is precisely how we got into this ridiculous situation in the first place. I want to get rid of The 3 and then do very little.

You clearly want to go scorched Earth and that's fine with you, and you're entitled to feel that way. If they were to do that, what do you sell to fans that would be in for 5 years of of majority 20 win basketball?
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
MikeDC
Analyst
And1: 1,917

Post#286 » by MikeDC » Mon Dec 4, 2023 5:23 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:
And what difference does that make?

Them not being here anymore.

Jerry Reinsdorf will still be the owner. Or, do you simply want a GM that is going to trade everyone for scraps just to make you feel good and think they're doing something?

You clearly have no idea what my opinions are. "Doing something" rather than being patient is precisely how we got into this ridiculous situation in the first place. I want to get rid of The 3 and then do very little.

You clearly want to go scorched Earth and that's fine with you, and you're entitled to feel that way. If they were to do that, what do you sell to fans that would be in for 5 years of of majority 20 win basketball?

Yeah. There are several big issues that proponents of the "Process" style tear down every semblance of ability and structure and "let the kids play" proponents do not seem willing to address. It's like communism. It's been tried over and over, and it's always a train wreck, but the true believers always just say, "Oh, no, those hundreds of train wrecks weren't really communism! Let's do communism!"

1. Like you say, fans and ownership won't stand for it. Acknowledging the facts of life:
DuckIII wrote: "Doing something" rather than being patient is precisely how we got into this ridiculous situation in the first place.

and then calling for a plan that ignores them is not a sustainable path. Instead of "let's just try the same thing we and others have failed repeatedly at, we are better off learning from our mistakes. A complete tear-down is just as much "Doing something" and being impatient as trading away all the youth for aging vets. Just the other end of the see-saw. A different symptom of the same underlying lack of patience.

2. The whys of this are many, but a big chunk of it is that people want to believe you can put most young basketball players in to trash situations where they're being gifted minutes, and then learn something from it. Sometimes it works out ok, but mostly it's the opposite. You put everyone into a mess of a situation and mostly what you see is a mess. So every young player (Pat, White, Carter, Lauri, etc going back to Elton Brand and Ron Artist) are fundamentally misevaluated.

3. And... they pick up terrible habits more readily. There was probably a time when Zach or Vuc could have been directed out of some of their more counterproductive views. But it's long past, and hopeless losing breaks players.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,961

Post#287 » by Wingy » Thu Feb 1, 2024 5:42 pm

Doing the board a service and getting this bumped and ready for a week from now.

AK will remain stunned and paralyzed with inaction as he has been since the summer of 2021.

It will be both expected, and shocking that any front could keep rolling with this current group. Viva la Continuity!!
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#288 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Feb 1, 2024 5:48 pm

There's going to be a trade deadline presser right?

I actually predict we'll see a trade or two. But if there's nothing that press conference is must-see-TV.
burlydee
Sixth Man
And1: 928

Post#289 » by burlydee » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:11 pm

If there is no trade, I'd fire them in the off-season. There is no plan.
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,388

Post#290 » by HoopsterJones » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:28 pm

“Getting Zach LaVine back healthy is the trade deadline acquisition” -AKME
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:

Return to Chicago Bulls