Image ImageImage Image

Assessing Caruso's trade value

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,826

Re: Assessing Caruso's trade value 

Post#21 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:59 pm

Well his value is going to be in the eye of the beholder (the team). If you're a team thinking that he is the key piece to a possible championship team, he could very well be worth 2 late first round picks and an additional piece. If you're a lottery team, looking to bolster your youth movement with solid veterans, is it really worth them to provide a pick that isn't lottery protected? I certainly wouldn't.

I think he is most attractive to playoff bound teams, and there are actually quite a few playoff teams where he would fit like a glow, and be EXACTLY what they need. And a lot of those teams are lacking in first round picks, and those that have them, you're talking about pick in the 20's, because he'd be going to a playoff team and likely make them better.

If we really wanted to get a haul, he would need to be a part of a bigger deal, involving the likes of DeMar, Vuc and or Zach, and perhaps a third team. I would love for a Bulls to make a move like this, but I just don't see it in the front office to admit defeat, even at this point of this disastrous season. My biggest fear is that they are going to make a move to turn things around.
Why so serious?
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,052

Post#22 » by Chi town » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:52 pm

Best to trade him to up and coming playoff teams with picks and good young talent like Rockets OKC and Magic.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,900

Post#23 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:34 am

Caruso is the guy I'd keep unless the package is just too good.

Genuinely a good culture player unlike the rest of our squad.

Also depends on if he's willing to stick around in that situation.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,309

Post#24 » by kodo » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:56 am

Carushow named finalist for Team USA.

https://www.usab.com/news/2024/01/usa-basketball-announces-2024-usa-mens-national-team-player-pool

Featuring 28 players who have represented the USA in Olympics and/or FIBA Men’s World Cup and who together have collected 23 Olympic or World Cup gold medals, the 2024 USA Men’s National Team finalists are Bam Adebayo, Jarrett Allen, Paolo Banchero, Desmond Bane, Scottie Barnes, Devin Booker, Mikal Bridges, Jaylen Brown, Jalen Brunson, Jimmy Butler, Alex Caruso, Stephen Curry, Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, Anthony Edwards, Joel Embiid, De’Aaron Fox, Paul George, Aaron Gordon, Tyrese Haliburton, James Harden, Josh Hart, Tyler Herro, Jrue Holiday, Chet Holmgren, Brandon Ingram, Kyrie Irving, Jaren Jackson Jr., LeBron James, Cam Johnson, Walker Kessler, Kawhi Leonard, Damian Lillard, Donovan Mitchell, Chris Paul, Bobby Portis, Austin Reaves, Duncan Robinson, Jayson Tatum, Derrick White and Trae Young.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,135

Post#25 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:06 am

Hopefully OKC looks has interest. They could spare a couple first rounders for a key defensive player for their western conference run. He'd give that team alot of value actually.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,271

Post#26 » by Dan Z » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:18 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:Hopefully OKC looks has interest. They could spare a couple first rounders for a key defensive player for their western conference run. He'd give that team alot of value actually.

He'd look good on any team. OKC would just be one team to talk to...it all depends on the picks offered. For example, the Nets or Knicks could use him and have picks they could offer.

I'd like the team to rebuild, but since they're not going to do that I'd be hesitant to trade him.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#27 » by Jeffster81 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:58 am

I find hilarious that the Bucks really want Caruso but they literally have nothing to offer.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,394

Post#28 » by coldfish » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:52 pm

I was against trading Caruso earlier in the year when there was a glimmer of hope. At this point, next year is going to be a wash and then he leaves as a free agent. His trade value is only going to go down.

An intelligent, forward thinking front office would trade him to the highest bidder.

Not worth its own thread but that is true of Drummond too. Teams want him. He will leave at the end of the year. Get what you can.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,015

Post#29 » by Wingy » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:06 pm

coldfish wrote:An intelligent, forward thinking front office would trade him to the highest bidder.

:rofl:
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,175

Post#30 » by League Circles » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:50 pm

Ayo, considering his contract, age, and durability relative to Caruso, should get Caruso's role. We should use Caruso and/or Patrick to get rid of Vuc's contract if possible.

It's going to be hard to get any meaningful value back for Caruso considering how small his contract is, especially if we avoid taking on future salary, which we should indeed avoid.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Wingy
RealGM

Post#31 » by Wingy » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:35 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/many-teams-want-trade-bulls-140051335.html

“I just keep hearing from teams all over the league, ‘Everybody wants Caruso, so many teams want to engage the Bulls on Caruso,'” Lowe said. “They keep telling me the Bulls aren’t trading Caruso. They want to stay in the play-in race. They want to stay where they are. They’re telling us they don’t want to trade Caruso.”

Hopefully it’s just posturing to get the best deal possible.

I see Celtics fans saying 2 firsts and our 2024 2nd back. Their 2024 means little, but 2026 could be surprisingly intriguing…

KP’s injury history, Jrue’s going to be 35 and due to be an UFA then. Brown’s super max will have kicked in, and Tatum will be on one as well. 2nd apron restrictions…it could fall apart really fast.

I’m sure there are several of these types of deals available. Yet AK will AK (translation: do nothing).
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#32 » by Pax for Prez » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:53 pm

I keep holding out hope that OKC would have interest in a package of Caruso and Drummond. They could provide the return we need (Young players and picks)

Pax
Wingy
RealGM

Post#33 » by Wingy » Mon Feb 5, 2024 10:18 pm

Pax for Prez wrote:I keep holding out hope that OKC would have interest in a package of Caruso and Drummond. They could provide the return we need (Young players and picks)

Pax

They should, but Presti will be too busy gloating on top of his asset haul to realize they have an excellent shot right here, right now.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#34 » by Dan Z » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:11 pm

Wingy wrote:
Pax for Prez wrote:I keep holding out hope that OKC would have interest in a package of Caruso and Drummond. They could provide the return we need (Young players and picks)

Pax

They should, but Presti will be too busy gloating on top of his asset haul to realize they have an excellent shot right here, right now.

Caruso and Drummond would help them a lot this year and into the playoffs.

They have a few young players who can't get minutes on their team, plus they have 3 first round picks in 2024, 3 in 2025 (plus a swap), 2 in 2026, 2 plus a swap in 2027, and 2 in 2029.

They won't be able to use all those picks unless they want to develop their G League team too. My guess is they try to "kick the can down the road", but that's not always possible.

Better to give up a few of those picks that are mid-level and compete now.
step
Lead Assistant
And1: 466

Post#35 » by step » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:46 pm

Wingy wrote:

Pax

I think most pundits know that they're still a bit away ... I mean it's like the people here who thought we were truly the #1 team in the East pre-Lonzo injury, knowing we hadn't beaten anyone of substance to deserve that.

I think he's probably waiting for more something of higher calibre. Even though you're right.
othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 761

Post#36 » by othawhitemeat » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:52 pm

Wingy wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/many-teams-want-trade-bulls-140051335.html

“I just keep hearing from teams all over the league, ‘Everybody wants Caruso, so many teams want to engage the Bulls on Caruso,'” Lowe said. “They keep telling me the Bulls aren’t trading Caruso. They want to stay in the play-in race. They want to stay where they are. They’re telling us they don’t want to trade Caruso.”

Hopefully it’s just posturing to get the best deal possible.

I see Celtics fans saying 2 firsts and our 2024 2nd back. Their 2024 means little, but 2026 could be surprisingly intriguing…

KP’s injury history, Jrue’s going to be 35 and due to be an UFA then. Brown’s super max will have kicked in, and Tatum will be on one as well. 2nd apron restrictions…it could fall apart really fast.

I’m sure there are several of these types of deals available. Yet AK will AK (translation: do nothing).

Most peeps I would think it is posturing, but Reinsdor$ wants that money and our front office is really that stupid.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#37 » by Dan Z » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:11 am

step wrote:
Wingy wrote:

Pax

I think most pundits know that they're still a bit away ... I mean it's like the people here who thought we were truly the #1 team in the East pre-Lonzo injury, knowing we hadn't beaten anyone of substance to deserve that.

I think he's probably waiting for more something of higher calibre. Even though you're right.

Do they need three picks in the upcoming draft? Then 3 in 2025?

They could try to trade for a big name, but who is available? Or they could try to trade picks so they can "kick them down the road", but that's tricky.

They also have young players like Mann and Jaylin Williams who barely get any playing time due to their roster. Micic too.
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 657

Post#38 » by boozapalooza » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:33 am

League Circles wrote:Ayo, considering his contract, age, and durability relative to Caruso, should get Caruso's role. We should use Caruso and/or Patrick to get rid of Vuc's contract if possible.

It's going to be hard to get any meaningful value back for Caruso considering how small his contract is, especially if we avoid taking on future salary, which we should indeed avoid.

I would use Caruso or Pat to move Zach’s contract….but no not Vuc’s. Vuc making 20M a year for 2 years after this isnt gonna kill us. As much as everyone rips on him, hes still averaging 17/10 and helps our offense when hes on the floor. I think we could trade him to a desperate enough team and not have to attach significant compensation.
kristov
Junior
And1: 80

Post#39 » by kristov » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:24 am

I'd ask for 3 first for Caruso. Everybody wants him so 3 is what it should take. People will think I'm crazy but that's what I think it would take.
Wingy
RealGM

Post#40 » by Wingy » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:41 am

step wrote:
Wingy wrote:

Pax

Pundits, shmundits.

Yes it’s the regular season, but they’ve beaten Denver 3x, Inc twice in their house with their big 3 all playing. They’ve beaten Boston. They’ve split with MN. They’ve split with LAC, and is anyone banking on LAC’s health? Embiid may not make it back.

Who should they fear? I know nothing beats playoff experience, but they are ready now. Go trade for some experience.

Impressive to draft all those MVPs, and to collect their current assets, but I predict he’s going to mismanage it and once again OKC won’t win a title.

Return to Chicago Bulls