Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA : 2023-24 Season #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Re: Around The NBA : 2023-24 Season #2 

Post#1001 » by kulaz3000 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:11 am

Wemby is going to be one of those players, that you need to watch live at least once in your life. He is special, and he is only going to get better. I hope that he remains healthy and has a long career. With LeBron on the way out, we need players like him in the league.
Why so serious?
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,641

Post#1002 » by DuckIII » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:29 am

Jesus, Wemby with a highly efficient 33/15/7 with 7 blocks.

He’s already capable of being completely unstoppable on a given night, and he’s still just experimenting. Again, he’s the greatest prospect I’ve ever seen. His maximum upside is being the greatest player of all time.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,245

Post#1003 » by Dan Z » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:46 am

DuckIII wrote:Jesus, Wemby with a highly efficient 33/15/7 with 7 blocks.

He’s already capable of being completely unstoppable on a given night, and he’s still just experimenting. Again, he’s the greatest prospect I’ve ever seen. His maximum upside is being the greatest player of all time.

What do you think SA should do in the off season?
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,019

Post#1004 » by Chi town » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:50 am

Dan Z wrote:

Go all in and maximize all of Wemby’s years.

Trade for Zach.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1005 » by DuckIII » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:00 am

Dan Z wrote:

I assume they are going to rebuild slowly and wait for the right moves rather than rushing into suboptimal long term commitments. So my guess is nothing significant in “win now” terms, unless a young star to pair with Wemby can be had and makes sense in which case they should speed up the timeline.

I’ve seen Trae Young mentioned a lot. I’ve said for years he’s a fraudulent superstar and I would never, ever want him on my team as a core player. On the other hand, being paired with Wemby feels like the one and only absolutely perfect fit for Trae in which his strengths would be so insanely valuable and his weaknesses capable of being offset by Wemby that it might work.

I’d still be worried about it, but SA might have to give something like that a close look.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#1006 » by Dan Z » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:10 am

DuckIII wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

I assume they are going to rebuild slowly and wait for the right moves rather than rushing into suboptimal long term commitments. So my guess is nothing significant in “win now” terms, unless a young star to pair with Wemby can be had and makes sense in which case they should speed up the timeline.

I’ve seen Trae Young mentioned a lot. I’ve said for years he’s a fraudulent superstar and I would never, ever want him on my team as a core player. On the other hand, being paired with Wemby feels like the one and only absolutely perfect fit for Trae in which his strengths would be so insanely valuable and his weaknesses capable of being offset by Wemby that it might work.

I’d still be worried about it, but SA might have to give something like that a close look.

I think they should also inquire about Markkanen.

If the price for Trae and/or Markkanen are too high then they should move on. Whatever they do I think they should keep one of their two lottery picks this year (preferably the higher one).

If they're competitive in the first half of next year I think they should keep going, but if not then they should aim for a high pick again.

That's my two cents.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#1007 » by Dan Z » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:10 am

Chi town wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

Go all in and maximize all of Wemby’s years.

Trade for Zach.

I'm all for them taking Zach off our hands. haha.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#1008 » by FriedRise » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:02 am

In their last 6 games, the Clippers only had 2 wins and both came against us. How annoying.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,610

Post#1009 » by Ice Man » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:37 pm

I am old enough to remember when Wemby vs. Chet was a thing. :D
Bullflip
Assistant Coach
And1: 847

Post#1010 » by Bullflip » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:46 pm

Wemby, if he hits his fullest potential will be the GOAT. Hopefully he stays healthy and the Spurs are able to build around him. They definitely need to get a PG. maybe someone like Trae Young. Watched a couple of games and it is maddening that the other Spurs players can’t get him the ball
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1011 » by Ice Man » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:09 pm

Side note on Wemby, but I saw an interview where Pops was asked about how he shows Wemby videos of Jordan, LeBron, etc,, to give him ideas of how he can further develop. The interviewer asked Pops if he has shown Wemby any Jokic videos. Pops said no, I have not, because he's not going to be able to do what Jokic does. Nobody can.

Whether that was Pops being a smart-ass or truly believing that Jokic has something more special than those other guys, I don't know.

Also, it should be noted, even if Pops does believe that Wemby can never do some of those Jokic things, that of course doesn't mean that Wemby can't become the better player of the two, as he already can do things that Jokic cannot.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1012 » by DuckIII » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:11 pm

Ice Man wrote:

I am old enough to remember when Wemby vs. Chet was a thing. :D

It’s a thing. It’s going to be a great thing. Bird/Magic potential level rivalry, albeit in-conference. I can’t wait. I just hope injury doesn’t derail would could be an all time great rivalry and dynamic.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1013 » by Ice Man » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:50 pm

DuckIII wrote:It’s a thing. It’s going to be a great thing. Bird/Magic potential level rivalry, albeit in-conference. I can’t wait. I just hope injury doesn’t derail would could be an all time great rivalry and dynamic.

Hmmm. Chet is good alright, but I don't think he's going to make it to that level. Much more tantalizing is Wemby vs. Jokic. Nikola should have at least 5 years, and likely more, at the top of his game -- and well before then Wemby will be a monster. (I mean, he kinda already is.) Toss in Embiid if he can stay healthy and ... man. What center battles those will be.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,806

Post#1014 » by jc23 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:22 pm

Just caught Kyries game winner; wow.
Be curious, Not judgmental
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Post#1015 » by drosestruts » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:07 pm

will be rooting for Cleveland, Detroit, and Phoenix tonight.

Also I guess Boston. Let Cleveland get that 2 seed.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,806

Post#1016 » by jc23 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:54 pm

drosestruts wrote:will be rooting for Cleveland, Detroit, and Phoenix tonight.

Also I guess Boston. Let Cleveland get that 2 seed.

miami's loss to philly the other night was not good for our 8th seed hope. Unless the south beach basketball team falls apart which is not going to happen.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1017 » by Ice Man » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:33 pm

jc23 wrote:Unless the south beach basketball team falls apart which is not going to happen.

Miami is thoroughly mediocre. Father Time finally defeated Jimmy Butler. He can bring it here and there, but no longer regularly. And the rest of those guys are role players, aside from Bam. I don't expect the Heat to survive this year's first round.

But yeah, we probably won't catch them before the season runs out ...
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,084

Post#1018 » by MrSparkle » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:41 pm

Ice Man wrote:
jc23 wrote:Unless the south beach basketball team falls apart which is not going to happen.

Miami is thoroughly mediocre. Father Time finally defeated Jimmy Butler. He can bring it here and there, but no longer regularly. And the rest of those guys are role players, aside from Bam. I don't expect the Heat to survive this year's first round.

But yeah, we probably won't catch them before the season runs out ...

What's this based on? He's pacing himself in the reg. season. Thoroughly sure he'll bring it regularly in the post-season. I think Jimmy's got another 2-3 years. These days, stars who stay in shape (motivated to win) regularly fight F.T. off until 36-37. The reg. season consistency can drop, but the playoffs are comically spaced where these guys have 2-3 days of rest in between each game, with no travel.

The Heat are actually rated better right now than they were at the end of last season. They miss Strus, but for a team's that consistently underachieved reg. season and overachieved post-season for about 4 years straight, there's no way I'm calling them a play-in bust.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,923

Post#1019 » by ChettheJet » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:22 pm

Seeing the report that the 76ers would be there ready to sign Paul George made me think. What if he goes and the Clippers still have Harden, Leonard and Westbrook would they think adding Lavine would make sense? Zach is an excellent catch and shoot guy and there he is with three guys who draw a crowd and know how to pass the ball. Any two of them play together with bench guys so their offense stays in gear.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,084

Post#1020 » by MrSparkle » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:28 pm

ChettheJet wrote:Seeing the report that the 76ers would be there ready to sign Paul George made me think. What if he goes and the Clippers still have Harden, Leonard and Westbrook would they think adding Lavine would make sense? Zach is an excellent catch and shoot guy and there he is with three guys who draw a crowd and know how to pass the ball. Any two of them play together with bench guys so their offense stays in gear.

What's the haul? Powell and PJ Tucker?

Return to Chicago Bulls