Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA : 2023-24 Season #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,645

Re: Around The NBA : 2023-24 Season #2 

Post#961 » by DuckIII » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:37 pm

kodo wrote:That's wild, last night the refs gave the TWolves who had a won game a loss because they didn't like Gobert's hand motion. Never seen that in my lifetime.

They didn’t like his “hand motion” because he was using it to publicly accuse them of deliberately giving him a foul because they are on the take. And then he confirmed it in his post game comments.

Moreover, hilariously, he did it after committing a very blatant foul. I know everyone loves to hate referees or pretty much everyone with decision making power so Gobert will get plenty of support for this. But he looks like a total idiot and beyond a crybaby for this.

It’s about as clear cut an example of deserving a technical that a hand motion could get you. Other than “motioning” your hand into a punching fist and taking a swing.

He obviously deserved the tech after committing an obvious foul. The interesting thing will be how the league responds to his multiple very heavy insinuations that the refs are being bribed by the gambling industry to falsify game outcomes.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,645

Post#962 » by DuckIII » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:51 pm

Dan Z wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Didn't Kai have some attitude issues? or am I wrong about that?

I agree with you about Jalen Smith and wanted the Bulls to offer him a contract when he was a FA (especially since he only signed for 3 years/15 million). But, at that time, was it a luxury tax issue?

You are not wrong. He very publicly questioned his role and playing time stating he was better than the other bigs on the team.

He also was on social media having what many believe to be a drug fueled sort of manic episode.

He also refused to see a therapist when reccomended to do so by charlotte and wound up getting released

Drugs and an inflated ego aren't new to the NBA world, and is an odd place to draw a line in the sand, ecpsecially for the Charlotte Hornets.

I also personally see a young player struggling in Charlotte and can't help a lack of a strong locker room could be playing into it.

Maybe there's more to it than we know? Behind-the-scenes type of stuff.

If the Bulls did their research then I'd be okay with them giving him a chance.

As a body type he’s perfect. And I’m no expert on his behavior and everyone makes mistakes. I’m also not afraid to take chances on talented players with questionable attitudes.

But there’s a reason he’s been in NBA purgatory for a whole season and the only team to give him a look now is the most desperate team in the NBA.

Despite my extremely low opinion of AKME, they get the benefit of the doubt on this one.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,615

Post#963 » by Ice Man » Sat Mar 9, 2024 9:15 pm

DuckIII wrote:He obviously deserved the tech after committing an obvious foul. The interesting thing will be how the league responds to his multiple very heavy insinuations that the refs are being bribed by the gambling industry to falsify game outcomes.

Yep. It's hard for me to imagine that a player can suggest that the referees are on the take without being suspended.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,245

Post#964 » by Dan Z » Sat Mar 9, 2024 11:09 pm

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#965 » by HomoSapien » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:32 am

Indiana Pacers wing Bennedict Mathurin will miss the remainder of the season. Mathurin has a torn labrum in his right shoulder. Mathurin is expected to be ready for the start of the 2024-25 season.

Huge loss for Pacers. They're four games ahead of us. Will be challenging to close that gap, but far from impossible with 18 or so games left.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
prolific passer
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#966 » by prolific passer » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:02 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Mbrahv0528 wrote:
Infinity2152 wrote:
Most of the people putting Lebron over Jordan never actually see Mj play, not even on TV. They're comparing highlights and stats of two guys who play different positions in different times. Those of us who watched Jordan for real don't have doubts. He was a dominant, demoralizing player for the other teams. The triangle offense literally takes the ball out of his hands much of his career, so of course Lebron averages more assists when he's playing the point. Don't think Wemby is a better prospect than Lebron, he's not likely to play till 40, largely uninjured, and dominate an entire conference and win most of his career. But Jordan you had to see to believe. Chicagoans tuned in every night. Guy was ultimately confident, just as mean on defense as he was on offense, and accepted no equals or comparisons. The Lebron/KD debate was never happening with Mike, not after he got rolling. His skillset, Ray Allen said he has no flaws offensively. We saw something crazy, up and unders, jab step dunks, 5 fadeaways on the same guy from the same spot while talking trash, switch hand layups, almost every night. 32-8-8 many nights from a shooting guard.
Everyone needs to take the GB Anti-Jordan stuff with a giant grain of salt.

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app

I don’t argue with flat earthers either.

They will argue to the edge of the world in that one.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#967 » by Ice Man » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:22 am

The Knicks have 31 points at halftime, LOL. But they might win ... they are only down by 6, to an equally struggling Philly squad.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 717

Post#968 » by Charlesareed » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:03 am

Ice Man wrote:The Knicks have 31 points at halftime, LOL. But they might win ... they are only down by 6, to an equally struggling Philly squad.

They are losing to Philly without embiid & Maxey and tobis Harris sucks
Chicago Raised me
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,267

Post#969 » by kodo » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:10 am

This looks really bad for Sengun, one of my favorite young players in the league.
Spoiler:
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,806

Post#970 » by jc23 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:13 am

kodo wrote:This looks really bad for Sengun, one of my favorite young players in the league.
Spoiler:

Looked like Joakims injury in 2012 vs philly minus the knee hyperextension
Be curious, Not judgmental
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,657

Post#971 » by sco » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:19 pm

jc23 wrote:
kodo wrote:This looks really bad for Sengun, one of my favorite young players in the league.
Spoiler:

Looked like Joakims injury in 2012 vs philly minus the knee hyperextension

I was looking at picking up Landale for my fantasy team. Does anyone think he's half decent?
:clap:
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,022

Post#972 » by Chi town » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:24 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
Indiana Pacers wing Bennedict Mathurin will miss the remainder of the season. Mathurin has a torn labrum in his right shoulder. Mathurin is expected to be ready for the start of the 2024-25 season.

Huge loss for Pacers. They're four games ahead of us. Will be challenging to close that gap, but far from impossible with 18 or so games left.

We need to go 12-6 at least.

Pacers have OKC then us on back to back.

We beat Dallas and Pacers we are two games out.

Heat have lost 3 in a row and Herro hasn’t been playing.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,549

Post#973 » by PaKii94 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:07 am

It's hilarious how weirdly similar the fields and Lavine situation is. Two high level athletes that never really improved their game sense to take the next step in their games. Now they are albatrosses at their current values to the point that there is no market for either.
CROBulls
Junior
And1: 159

Post#974 » by CROBulls » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:22 am

PaKii94 wrote:It's hilarious how weirdly similar the fields and Lavine situation is. Two high level athletes that never really improved their game sense to take the next step in their games. Now they are albatrosses at their current values to the point that there is no market for either.

Situation not same. Bears have a GM. Bears have young talent, Bears have #1 pick. Whatever happens with Fields it wont affect any future for Bears. Bulls have no future. Trading Lavine for some value might just slightly improve odds not being bad for next 5 years.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#975 » by Ice Man » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:45 am

I am willing to consider Jokic among the top 3 peak-value players in the past 40 years, along with Mike and LeBron.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#976 » by Ice Man » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:11 pm

PaKii94 wrote:It's hilarious how weirdly similar the fields and Lavine situation is. Two high level athletes that never really improved their game sense to take the next step in their games. Now they are albatrosses at their current values to the point that there is no market for either.

As a non-Bears fan, I am constantly amused at the franchise and (sorry) its fans.

We got Jay Cutler! Hurrah!
Cutler was bad. But we got Mitch Trubisky! Hurrah!
Trubisky was bad. But we got Justin Fields! Hurrah!
Fields was bad. But we got Caleb Williams! Hurrah!

It's all the same movie to me, fellas.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,412

Post#977 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:56 pm

Ice Man wrote:

As a non-Bears fan, I am constantly amused at the franchise and (sorry) its fans.

We got Jay Cutler! Hurrah!
Cutler was bad. But we got Mitch Trubisky! Hurrah!
Trubisky was bad. But we got Justin Fields! Hurrah!
Fields was bad. But we got Caleb Williams! Hurrah!

It's all the same movie to me, fellas.

Lol, no, pretty much everyone was angry at the Trubisky trade up/selection when it happened. It was decidedly not "hurrah!"
Lexluthor
Rookie
And1: 405

Post#978 » by Lexluthor » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:01 pm

Ice Man wrote:I am willing to consider Jokic among the top 3 peak-value players in the past 40 years, along with Mike and LeBron.

I would still rank Shaq and Hakeem over him
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#979 » by Ice Man » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:10 pm

Lexluthor wrote:I would still rank Shaq and Hakeem over him

Jokic already matches their combined MVP Awards, at 2, and will likely pick up his 3rd this year. I don't think there's any doubt that his peak regular-season achievements are better than their peak regular-season achievements.

But ultimately popular opinion will be formed largely on how many rings Jokic gets. He has a strong supporting cast, so no excuses. To truly convince people he needs to win a couple of more titles.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,433

Post#980 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:36 pm

Ice Man wrote:
Lexluthor wrote:I would still rank Shaq and Hakeem over him

Jokic already matches their combined MVP Awards, at 2, and will likely pick up his 3rd this year. I don't think there's any doubt that his peak regular-season achievements are better than their peak regular-season achievements.

But ultimately popular opinion will be formed largely on how many rings Jokic gets. He has a strong supporting cast, so no excuses. To truly convince people he needs to win a couple of more titles.

Yeah I guess thats how it works. Jokic is something though for sure and still has time. Hakeem was always my favorite but I never thought he was the GOAT. Shaq I hated because he was sooooooooooo dominate I couldn't believe it. Watching him in his prime oh my. It was something and there was still more competition for him than Wilt (think Ali vs say Tyson... Shaq had the Ali competition, Ewing, Robinson, Hakeem, Duncan etc...)

Return to Chicago Bulls