Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA : 2023-24 Season #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,014

Re: Around The NBA : 2023-24 Season #2 

Post#81 » by Wingy » Fri Jan 5, 2024 2:02 am

Board near unusable for anyone else lately?

Crashes on mobile…Safari just gives up and says a problem occurred repeatedly.

Literally saving and modifying this post line by line, it’s happening so often.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,269

Post#82 » by Dan Z » Fri Jan 5, 2024 3:00 am

Wingy wrote:Board near unusable for anyone else lately?

It seems to be working for me. Do you use an ad blocker? I do and it helped.
Wingy
RealGM

Post#83 » by Wingy » Fri Jan 5, 2024 3:51 am

Dan Z wrote:It seems to be working for me. Do you use an ad blocker? I do and it helped.

I’ve never needed to use one, but finally just broke down and seems to be working fine so far.
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,308

Post#84 » by dumbell78 » Fri Jan 5, 2024 4:07 am

Yup adblocker or this site is useless.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,300

Post#85 » by kodo » Fri Jan 5, 2024 6:56 am

drosestruts wrote:Lakers are 3-9 since the IST, they have 6 games until the Jan 15th date when the rest of players become tradeable and it is not an easy schedule:

vs Memphis
vs Clippers
vs Raptors
vs Suns
@ Jazz
vs OKC

They could easily go 1-5 over this stretch.

They'll be begging for Zach LaVine by the 15th

TBH it's not a bad fit. Lavine is a clear 3rd option there, not 1st or even 2nd. Their biggest need isn't talent, it's that AD & Lebron can't play 82 at full capacity. Lavine is only 3 years older than Reaves and has plenty of energy for the regular season. In terms of regular season workload Lavine was
Total points: #10
Total minutes: #3
Total Field Goals: #7

LA just gets a workhorse point scoring machine for the regular season, then Lebron & AD can take over. And they need to do something, 3-9 since the IST, and the Warriors could bump them out of even the play-in. And TBH he's probably a better defender than Reaves or DLO. Lavine is probably around average on-ball, it's mostly weakside awareness but that's many guards in the league.

Probably the real issue is nobody in Chicago wants DLo.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,459

Post#86 » by ImSlower » Fri Jan 5, 2024 7:08 am

dumbell78 wrote:Yup adblocker or this site is useless.

When I'm at work, I scan this site on my phone with just regular chrome (on an Android). I have never been on any other site with more aggressive phishing full screen ads on my phone than realGM. It's wild. I dont want to install a damn Android ad blocker just for this dang site but boy howdy is it bad.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#87 » by BullChit » Fri Jan 5, 2024 7:35 am

Yep totally necessary especially on the phone where it would take 20 minutes to write a simple reply.

Kept taking the cursor out of the reply box and freezing when I'd try to keep typing.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,455

Post#88 » by samwana » Fri Jan 5, 2024 7:37 am

ImSlower wrote:

When I'm at work, I scan this site on my phone with just regular chrome (on an Android). I have never been on any other site with more aggressive phishing full screen ads on my phone than realGM. It's wild. I dont want to install a damn Android ad blocker just for this dang site but boy howdy is it bad.
I use the realgm app on my phone. It has its warts, but no adds at all. Tweets don't show and I can't 'and1' , but everything else is fine.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,459

Post#89 » by ImSlower » Fri Jan 5, 2024 8:29 am

I get that. I just really dislike using multiple apps that require logins. I don't see many of the really intrusive full-screen ads repeat for more than an hour or two, so I feel like the admin team receives enough complaints when they pop up (literally) that they're able to block whatever that company was. Regardless, I may just go to their app, albeit reluctantly. Reddit is trying the same with more an more invasive "INSTALL OUR APP BRO" garbage lined up over a third of my small-ish screen.
Wingy
RealGM

Post#90 » by Wingy » Fri Jan 5, 2024 1:03 pm

ImSlower wrote:

I’m nearing 17! years of passing the time with y’all on this fun yet maddening distraction that is the Bulls and our community here.

Ads have been annoying and I’ve reported certain ones that got bad from time to time and they’ve been dealt with pretty fast, but the last few days it has reached a peak like no other. Completely unable to compose even a 2-3 short sentence post. Browser crashing incessantly whether posting or just reading.

Didn’t want to install something just for RealGM, but after all this time, ad blocker it is. I’m like you not wanting yet another dedicated app.

The site deserves a revenue stream off of ads, but they let it get so bad, zero views/clicks for their advertisers at this point if everyone has to ad block just to use it.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#91 » by FriedRise » Fri Jan 5, 2024 5:06 pm

Wingy wrote:
ImSlower wrote:

I’m nearing 17! years of passing the time with y’all on this fun yet maddening distraction that is the Bulls and our community here.

Ads have been annoying and I’ve reported certain ones that got bad from time to time and they’ve been dealt with pretty fast, but the last few days it has reached a peak like no other. Completely unable to compose even a 2-3 short sentence post. Browser crashing incessantly whether posting or just reading.

Didn’t want to install something just for RealGM, but after all this time, ad blocker it is. I’m like you not wanting yet another dedicated app.

The site deserves a revenue stream off of ads, but they let it get so bad, zero views/clicks for their advertisers at this point if everyone has to ad block just to use it.

Oh yes, I'm on the iPhone and I had to install an ad blocker too. Didn't use to need it, but it's pretty much mandatory now if you want a decent experience using it.

But I always use an ad blocker on desktop so I figured it'll only help when I access other sites on mobile, so it won't just be for RealGM.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,895

Post#92 » by TheSuzerain » Fri Jan 5, 2024 5:21 pm

Wingy wrote:Board near unusable for anyone else lately?

Yeah same. Mobile experience is awful.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,387

Post#93 » by drosestruts » Fri Jan 5, 2024 5:46 pm

Feel like Kerr is in a real "live long enough to become the villan" stage these past two seasons.

The constant defense, avoidance, or defection around Draymond Green events (fight with Poole, choking Rudy, hitting Nurkic, etc.)

Last night he's whining about Jokic flopping - I go to the box score expecting some high amount of free throws from Jokic - it was 7, what's he complaining about??

The end of a dynasty is never pretty. Draymond is away from the team in some sort of counseling. Klay after some brutal injuries seems to be falling off a cliff. Curry is still amazing. And the team is currently under .500 in 11th place. They're GM left for the cushy life of being an ESPN analyst.

The end of the Bulls dynasty is often criticized, but is there a good way to end a dynasty?
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,129

Post#94 » by MrSparkle » Fri Jan 5, 2024 6:17 pm

drosestruts wrote:Feel like Kerr is in a real "live long enough to become the villan" stage these past two seasons.

The constant defense, avoidance, or defection around Draymond Green events (fight with Poole, choking Rudy, hitting Nurkic, etc.)

Last night he's whining about Jokic flopping - I go to the box score expecting some high amount of free throws from Jokic - it was 7, what's he complaining about??

The end of a dynasty is never pretty. Draymond is away from the team in some sort of counseling. Klay after some brutal injuries seems to be falling off a cliff. Curry is still amazing. And the team is currently under .500 in 11th place. They're GM left for the cushy life of being an ESPN analyst.

The end of the Bulls dynasty is often criticized, but is there a good way to end a dynasty?

Not really. Championship standards, salary inflation and father time are a cruel combination.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,387

Post#95 » by drosestruts » Fri Jan 5, 2024 8:07 pm

Speaking of - strong words from Kuminga's camp on Kerr. "Kuminga has lost faith in Steve Kerr and no longer believes he can reach his full potential under Kerr"
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#96 » by Dan Z » Fri Jan 5, 2024 8:41 pm

Wingy wrote:
ImSlower wrote:

I'm glad to hear that the AdBlocker worked (as frustrating as it is to need one...I had the same issues a year or two ago). It would be a shame to lose you due to this stuff.

I'm not a tech guy, but I don't understand why the ads get so bad here on RealGM when other sites don't have the same issue (some of those sites have more traffic too).
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#97 » by Dan Z » Fri Jan 5, 2024 8:46 pm

drosestruts wrote:Speaking of - strong words from Kuminga's camp on Kerr. "Kuminga has lost faith in Steve Kerr and no longer believes he can reach his full potential under Kerr"

It makes sense that Kuminga would be frustrated, but I can only take this report with a grain of salt. Speaking out against Kerr doesn't really help his situation unless he's asking to be traded.

If he is...should the Bulls inquire about him?
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 748

Post#98 » by Charlesareed » Fri Jan 5, 2024 8:52 pm

Dan Z wrote:
drosestruts wrote:Speaking of - strong words from Kuminga's camp on Kerr. "Kuminga has lost faith in Steve Kerr and no longer believes he can reach his full potential under Kerr"

It makes sense that Kuminga would be frustrated, but I can only take this report with a grain of salt. Speaking out against Kerr doesn't really help his situation unless he's asking to be traded.

Him or moody would be nice with Coby ayo & paw
Chicago Raised me
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#99 » by Dan Z » Fri Jan 5, 2024 9:44 pm

Charlesareed wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

Him or moody would be nice with Coby ayo & paw

If the Bulls trade for Moody they'll need playing time for him. Does that mean Caruso also gets traded?
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#100 » by Repeat 3-peat » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Insane.

Return to Chicago Bulls