Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #10

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,443

Re: NBA Trade Thread #10 

Post#1021 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:52 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:The Trae plan offers some tangible hope. Which is more than I can say about our current plan.

IMO, the Trae plan is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,665

Post#1022 » by sco » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:13 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:The Trae plan offers some tangible hope. Which is more than I can say about our current plan.

IMO, the Trae plan is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Sure, but if you put the chair in the right place, you can go down with a tan!
:clap:
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,319

Post#1023 » by d boy gentleman » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:41 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
sco wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:
Salary dump makes a lot more sense given where the Bulls are right now. Trading for either of those guys is just willfully remaining mid.

Young, in particular, seems to me to be a net negative player.

I would prefer a rebuild, but I'm 100% sure AK won't, so this would be next best thing IMO.

I would also prefer a rebuild and also agree that AK is not going to do it, but I think swapping Zach for Young makes the Bulls worse. Randle might make them better.

I also prefer a complete tear down where we take everyone for picks to fill our draft cupboard. If we go that route, we can win 15 games and be in prime position to draft Cooper Flagg or at least a top 3 pick. We just need to win the least amount of games as possible and lose more than we win for at least 3 years, be a fringe playoff team in 5 and a contender by 7 with cap space to add more pieces
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,108

Post#1024 » by MrSparkle » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:30 pm

Brooklyn needs to win games, cause they don’t own picks. I think Zach, Caruso and Vuc would be intriguing, lower-cost additions to their Mikal-led team.

We would want Claxton and Cam Johnson, latter whom is injury prone (head’s up). But a S&T and parallel swap could work. Big issue is they have no picks to move. 3rd team could make things more interesting, esp. if Simmons, Lonzo are involved for expiring cap relief to the 3rd party.
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,002

Post#1025 » by MisterRoy » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:15 am

Trading Ball would be AK showing everyone how big of a dillhole he is. Right now, people just know he is but they don't know how big of one.

Sent from somewhere you’ve never been.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,423

Post#1026 » by Muzbar » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:29 am

MrSparkle wrote:Brooklyn needs to win games, cause they don’t own picks. I think Zach, Caruso and Vuc would be intriguing, lower-cost additions to their Mikal-led team.

We would want Claxton and Cam Johnson, latter whom is injury prone (head’s up). But a S&T and parallel swap could work. Big issue is they have no picks to move. 3rd team could make things more interesting, esp. if Simmons, Lonzo are involved for expiring cap relief to the 3rd party.

Brooklyn own picks from Phoenix and Philly.

I would imagine they'd want to keep Claxton, especially to help cover for LaVines deficiencies on defense.

Day'Ron Sharpe is a player I'd like back in return for Zach though, good young C.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,108

Post#1027 » by MrSparkle » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:56 am

Muzbar wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:Brooklyn needs to win games, cause they don’t own picks. I think Zach, Caruso and Vuc would be intriguing, lower-cost additions to their Mikal-led team.

Brooklyn own picks from Phoenix and Philly.

I would imagine they'd want to keep Claxton, especially to help cover for LaVines deficiencies on defense.

Day'Ron Sharpe is a player I'd like back in return for Zach though, good young C.

Claxton is a UFA, so you recruit him hard. If he decides to leave Brooklyn, best they can do is get a S&T done.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,121

Post#1028 » by patryk7754 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:43 pm

Full Tank for Cooper Flagg

Trade 1:
Lavine to the Grizzlies for Clarke, Kennard, Williams and a 1st

Trade 2:
Vucevic to the Mavs for Green, Kleber, and a protected 1st

Trade 3:
White to the Nets for Schroder and a 1st

Trade 4:
Caruso to the Cavs for Niang and two 1sts

Roster:
Schroder/Carter
Kennard/Ayo
Green/Williams
Clarke
Kleber
sco
RealGM

Post#1029 » by sco » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:14 pm

patryk7754 wrote:Full Tank for Cooper Flagg

Trade 1:
Lavine to the Grizzlies for Clarke, Kennard, Williams and a 1st

Trade 2:
Vucevic to the Mavs for Green, Kleber, and a protected 1st

Trade 3:
White to the Nets for Schroder and a 1st

Trade 4:
Caruso to the Cavs for Niang and two 1sts

Roster:
Schroder/Carter
Kennard/Ayo
Green/Williams
Clarke
Kleber

No way Vuc nets us a FRP, costs us one to get rid of him, but no way we get a 1st. Also highly doubt Caruso nets 2 1sts given that he's got 1 year left on his deal now.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,929

Post#1030 » by ChettheJet » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:45 pm

1--- maybe except that Brandon Clarke sure is injury prone, 6, 56, 58, 59 and 64 games, Williams coming off his big scoring year 8.2, but 51 games, his potential tank is empty. I'd rather overpay Patrick Williams and then see if Caleb Williams shoots hoops. Kennard has to be guaranteed at $14M and that's a lot for a bench guy for one year.

2---No way the Mavs give up Green and a first for Vuc, I think he would be good in the middle for them but nobody his helping out the Bulls that much

3---No way I give up on Coby White for Schroeder, the guy bounces around, if he as as good as people think when he gets to a new team somebody would keep him. And no way the Nets give up a 1st for Coby

4---It's possible CLE gives Niang and a 1st for AC, but sure not 2

No good all the way through
Muzbar
Starter

Post#1031 » by Muzbar » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:33 pm

Ok, it's that time of year again, time for another crazy Muzbar trade idea!!!

Bulls receive:
Clint Capela (Atl)
Chris Paul (GSW)
Jonathan Kuminga (GSW)
Moses Moody (GSW)
Jett Howard (Orl)

Warriors receive:
Nikola Vucevic (Chi)
Alex Caruso (Chi)
Joe Ingles (Orl)
AJ Griffin (Atl)

Magic receive:
Trae Young (Atl)

Hawks receive:
Zach LaVine (Chi)
Jalen Suggs (Orl)
Jonathan Isaac (Orl)
FRP (Orl)
FRP (GSW)

Bulls go full youth with a splatter of vets on expiring contracts. Rotation looks like:

Ayo/Paul/Carter/Ball*
White/Moody/Bitim
Williams/Howard/Terry
Kuminga/Phillips
Capela/11th?

Magic get an actual PG in Trae who can shoot from 3 and set the table for Franz and Paolo.

Warriors retool with Vucevic next to Draymond and Caruso next to Curry (or off the bench as 6th man) plus the swap out a disgruntled Moody for Griffin and kick the tires on him. Ingles is a good shooter so therefore fits GS fine.

Hawks pair Murray with LaVine which I think is a better pairing than Trae/Murray or Trae/LaVine plus a young talent in Suggs who can play with either Zach or Dejounte, Hawks can then move Okongwu to the starting C spot with Issac backing him up.

Maybe one of those FRPs can be re-routed to Chicago instead but these moves make the Bulls young (I know, OMG another rebuild, but we want to stay mediocre!!!) plus it gives the Bulls 70-80 million in expirings (maybe more) some of which could be used to sign somebody to add to the young core.

Have at me!!!
ChiefILL53
Starter
And1: 830

Post#1032 » by ChiefILL53 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:44 am

Muzbar wrote:Ok, it's that time of year again, time for another crazy Muzbar trade idea!!!

Bulls receive:
Clint Capela (Atl)
Chris Paul (GSW)
Jonathan Kuminga (GSW)
Moses Moody (GSW)
Jett Howard (Orl)

Warriors receive:
Nikola Vucevic (Chi)
Alex Caruso (Chi)
Joe Ingles (Orl)
AJ Griffin (Atl)

Magic receive:
Trae Young (Atl)

Hawks receive:
Zach LaVine (Chi)
Jalen Suggs (Orl)
Jonathan Isaac (Orl)
FRP (Orl)
FRP (GSW)

Bulls go full youth with a splatter of vets on expiring contracts. Rotation looks like:

Ayo/Paul/Carter/Ball*
White/Moody/Bitim
Williams/Howard/Terry
Kuminga/Phillips
Capela/11th?

Magic get an actual PG in Trae who can shoot from 3 and set the table for Franz and Paolo.

Warriors retool with Vucevic next to Draymond and Caruso next to Curry (or off the bench as 6th man) plus the swap out a disgruntled Moody for Griffin and kick the tires on him. Ingles is a good shooter so therefore fits GS fine.

Hawks pair Murray with LaVine which I think is a better pairing than Trae/Murray or Trae/LaVine plus a young talent in Suggs who can play with either Zach or Dejounte, Hawks can then move Okongwu to the starting C spot with Issac backing him up.

Maybe one of those FRPs can be re-routed to Chicago instead but these moves make the Bulls young (I know, OMG another rebuild, but we want to stay mediocre!!!) plus it gives the Bulls 70-80 million in expirings (maybe more) some of which could be used to sign somebody to add to the young core.

Have at me!!!

I dont hate it. My only question is, does this work in a trade machine? Seems like the bulls are taking in more salary than they're sending out.
jc23 wrote:Goran + Lonzo + Zach = the Dragon Ball Z line up.
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,002

Post#1033 » by MisterRoy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:09 pm

ChiefILL53 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Ok, it's that time of year again, time for another crazy Muzbar trade idea!!!

Bulls receive:
Clint Capela (Atl)
Chris Paul (GSW)
Jonathan Kuminga (GSW)
Moses Moody (GSW)
Jett Howard (Orl)

Warriors receive:
Nikola Vucevic (Chi)
Alex Caruso (Chi)
Joe Ingles (Orl)
AJ Griffin (Atl)

Magic receive:
Trae Young (Atl)

Hawks receive:
Zach LaVine (Chi)
Jalen Suggs (Orl)
Jonathan Isaac (Orl)
FRP (Orl)
FRP (GSW)

Ayo/Paul/Carter/Ball*
White/Moody/Bitim
Williams/Howard/Terry
Kuminga/Phillips
Capela/11th?

Have at me!!!

I dont hate it. My only question is, does this work in a trade machine? Seems like the bulls are taking in more salary than they're sending out.

It doesn’t work for Orlando or GS, financially.

jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,421

Post#1034 » by jump » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:21 pm

Even if financially possible, it’s absurd to think one could get four teams to agree to anything like this. Hard enough to get two teams to make a deal.
sco
RealGM

Post#1035 » by sco » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:02 pm

jump wrote:Even if financially possible, it’s absurd to think one could get four teams to agree to anything like this. Hard enough to get two teams to make a deal.

Sure, but where's the fun in that?
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 745

Post#1036 » by Charlesareed » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:07 pm

I’d trade Zach ball caurso carter Craig picks for KD & Royce O’Neal or Josh okogie

Resign ddr & pat

Coby
Ayo
DDR
KD
Vuc

A bench of Javonte green pat Drummond Terry bitim Philips shango O’Neal/okogie & drell
Chicago Raised me
sco
RealGM

Post#1037 » by sco » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:56 pm

Charlesareed wrote:I’d trade Zach ball caurso carter Craig picks for KD & Royce O’Neal or Josh okogie

Resign ddr & pat

Coby
Ayo
DDR
KD
Vuc

A bench of Javonte green pat Drummond Terry bitim Philips shango O’Neal/okogie & drell

I think the more realistic question would be if you'd trade Zach for Beal?
Muzbar
Starter

Post#1038 » by Muzbar » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:24 pm

MisterRoy wrote:
ChiefILL53 wrote:

Bulls receive:
Clint Capela (Atl)
Chris Paul (GSW)
Jonathan Kuminga (GSW)
Moses Moody (GSW)
Jett Howard (Orl)

Warriors receive:
Nikola Vucevic (Chi)
Alex Caruso (Chi)
Joe Ingles (Orl)
AJ Griffin (Atl)

Magic receive:
Trae Young (Atl)

Hawks receive:
Zach LaVine (Chi)
Jalen Suggs (Orl)
Jonathan Isaac (Orl)
FRP (Orl)
FRP (GSW)

Ayo/Paul/Carter/Ball*
White/Moody/Bitim
Williams/Howard/Terry
Kuminga/Phillips
Capela/11th?

Have at me!!!

Um, it absolutely works financially for all teams.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,443

Post#1039 » by jnrjr79 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:40 pm

Muzbar wrote:
MisterRoy wrote:
ChiefILL53 wrote:

I think it'll only work for GSW if they let Klay walk. Otherwise, they'd project to be a 2nd apron team that can't aggregate salaries in a trade.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#1040 » by Muzbar » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
MisterRoy wrote:It doesn’t work for Orlando or GS, financially.

I think it'll only work for GSW if they let Klay walk. Otherwise, they'd project to be a 2nd apron team that can't aggregate salaries in a trade.

Yeah, its entirely dependent on what they do, it works right now, without them resigning anybody. Figured they might let Klay walk (or he may just walk) considering his play/him also getting benched during the season. GS needs to change things up, what they have isn't working.

But it works financially in the fanspo trade checker no problems. Currently.

Return to Chicago Bulls