Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #10

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,682

Re: NBA Trade Thread #10 

Post#881 » by Dez » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:02 am

erlim wrote:Anybody think we could pull off these trades in the summer for youth and strength? I think this would be an excellent new big three!

I'd rather extend DeRozan at 50 million a year when he's 40 years old than take back Poole.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,085

Post#882 » by MrSparkle » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:28 pm

Dez wrote:
erlim wrote:Anybody think we could pull off these trades in the summer for youth and strength? I think this would be an excellent new big three!

I'd rather extend DeRozan at 50 million a year when he's 40 years old than take back Poole.

Poole for Zach is a yes IMO. Especially if WAS can sweeten the deal on draft night (2nds, decent salary player).

Demar for Poole? No thanks.

Nevertheless, Poole's had a historic regression. Pretty risky contract, but he's also 24yo and a skilled shooter. Can't say what really led to his terrible decline in offensive production, but he probably needs serious correction (ego, shooting selection, defense).

I was up for a Poole/GSW trade last off-season (assuming some combo of Kuminga/Pod/Moody came back). Let's be honest: Zach's value is about 4x worse now. :lol:
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,360

Post#883 » by pipfan » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:47 pm

Lavine for Poole is interesting, but highly doubt Wash would do it. Obviously, Lavine's a better player but older and more expensive. Poole would become a VERY expensive 3rd guard for us
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,360

Post#884 » by pipfan » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:48 pm

SImmons for Lavine is interesting. We save a bit of $ next year, a ton moving forward. If Mitchell is dealt or signs an extension, BRK doesn't have many options to get better than Lavine for the 2 guard
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,682

Post#885 » by Dez » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:53 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
Dez wrote:

Poole for Zach is a yes IMO. Especially if WAS can sweeten the deal on draft night (2nds, decent salary player).

Nevertheless, Poole's had a historic regression. Pretty risky contract, but he's also 24yo and a skilled shooter. Can't say what really led to his terrible decline in offensive production, but he probably needs serious correction (ego, shooting selection, defense).

I was up for a Poole/GSW trade last off-season (assuming some combo of Kuminga/Pod/Moody came back). Let's be honest: Zach's value is about 4x worse now. :lol:

No, Poole for anyone is a no unless he comes with an unprotected first and even then it's borderline.

He's straight up garbage and how is a career 33 percent 3 point shooter a skilled shooter? He's inefficient and s***.
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,285

Post#886 » by Lunartic » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:54 pm

Dez wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:
Dez wrote:

No, Poole for anyone is a no unless he comes with an unprotected first and even then it's borderline.

He's straight up garbage and how is a career 33 percent 3 point shooter a skilled shooter? He's inefficient and s***.

People complained about Zach's bball IQ, Poole has the IQ of an empty pool. Dude is javale McGee the guard. He's awful.

I'd rather have injured Zach on the roster than healthy Poole. I'd rather have 3 second round picks than Poole.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,085

Post#887 » by MrSparkle » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:48 pm

Lunartic wrote:
Dez wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:

People complained about Zach's bball IQ, Poole has the IQ of an empty pool. Dude is javale McGee the guard. He's awful.

I'd rather have injured Zach on the roster than healthy Poole. I'd rather have 3 second round picks than Poole.

Nah, I'd much rather have a healthy guy capable of making a few 3Ps a night as opposed to a $45M on the injury reserve.

Can we be rationale at times? This is like saying you'd rather have 2020 John Wall over Westbrook.

Zach looks like a colossal mess right now. This is his 4th year in a row with some kind of post-deadline injury issue. https://www.foxsports.com/nba/zach-lavine-player-injuries

I wouldn't mind if it was November/off-season stuff, but this guy is entering his 11th season with 77 career playoff points. For the record, Jordan Poole has 507. I realize he hasn't had Lebron or Curry, but he's been in the Eastern conference, and he's had help. He's been the one going down (knee issues after Vuc trade, knee issues heading into the Bucks series, needed knee rest last season into the deadline and down the playoff stretch (had on and off games).. And now this.

Might've been 6th man, but Jordan Poole helped win a championship 2 years ago. At this point, I'd seriously consider trashing the coming 14th pick for dumping Zach Lavine. TBF we have an off-season to evaluate Zach's health, but AFAIC he's pretty damaged goods. I don't think Washington benefitted from holding onto an injury prone Beal for so long, and AK's gonna regret waiting for the right deal for Zach.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,658

Post#888 » by sco » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:47 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
Lunartic wrote:
Dez wrote:

Nah, I'd much rather have a healthy guy capable of making a few 3Ps a night as opposed to a $45M on the injury reserve.

Can we be rationale at times? This is like saying you'd rather have 2020 John Wall over Westbrook.

Zach looks like a colossal mess right now. This is his 4th year in a row with some kind of post-deadline injury issue. https://www.foxsports.com/nba/zach-lavine-player-injuries

I wouldn't mind if it was November/off-season stuff, but this guy is entering his 11th season with 77 career playoff points. For the record, Jordan Poole has 507. I realize he hasn't had Lebron or Curry, but he's been in the Eastern conference, and he's had help. He's been the one going down (knee issues after Vuc trade, knee issues heading into the Bucks series, needed knee rest last season into the deadline and down the playoff stretch (had on and off games).. And now this.

Might've been 6th man, but Jordan Poole helped win a championship 2 years ago. At this point, I'd seriously consider trashing the coming 14th pick for dumping Zach Lavine. TBF we have an off-season to evaluate Zach's health, but AFAIC he's pretty damaged goods. I don't think Washington benefitted from holding onto an injury prone Beal for so long, and AK's gonna regret waiting for the right deal for Zach.

I know lots of folks share your view and just want to rip the Zach bandaid off asap, even if it stings. If there was an obvious path forward next season to improve, I might be on board myself, but the way I see it, next season will be about trying to make the depreciating old pieces mesh better with improving young guys (and the illusive hope of a Ball bounce back - pun intended). Dumping Zach won't bring in any useful new guys, and may, as you suggest, cost us a potential useful player in our pick. I'd rather roll the dice on Zach coming back (at least it wasn't his knee again) and fitting better and upping his future trade (or keep) value.
:clap:
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,285

Post#889 » by Lunartic » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:39 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
Lunartic wrote:
Dez wrote:

I think you're misinterpreting AKME not making a deal for Lavine with Lavine needing to be dumped and even going so far to include a pick. It's more likely that AKME just asked too much and teams offered too little rather than the Bulls needing to add value.

Lavine is coming off the worst season since 2017 and was plagued with injuries and trade rumors and yet averaged 19/4/5 on .578 TS

Poole has been given the keys to the Wizard's offense and is absolutely abysmal - 16/3/2 on .513 TS while chucking up 6.6 3s on 30%

His defense is non-existent and he's pretty much bad at everything. There is a big reason why the Dubs wanted him gone, did you watch his final playoffs? They dumped him. He was atrocious and cost them games. He averaged 10ppg and hit 25% of his 3's.
.440 TS while playing alongside the GOAT shooter. He sucks.

Youth is nice when you have a player with a high ceiling or needs time to develop but it's not inherently valuable for a player versus an older veteran player. I understand Zach is injury prone but replacing him with an actual bad player doesn't improve the team.

Would you rather have Poole or a late 1st rounder?
leo921
Senior
And1: 216

Post#890 » by leo921 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:45 pm

I would love an offseason sorta like described above.

Lavine for Simmons

This would be great for both teams. For Nets I think Lavine would be helpful for Bridges/Johnson/Claxton. For the Bulls even if Simmons is not at his best Simmons/Ball would both be expiring thus giving us room and options. Simmons if he plays and is overall healthy gives us size speed passing rebounding defense and would be very helpful for Ayo/White.

Vuc/Caruso for Ayton

I like this trade Ayton at the very least is a better rebounder, defender, finishing pick and rolls, and as a lob threat. For you can rebuild his confidence and get him focused like his Suns final runs the team can really go somewhere.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,414

Post#891 » by Muzbar » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:55 pm

leo921 wrote:I would love an offseason sorta like described above.

Lavine for Simmons

This would be great for both teams. For Nets I think Lavine would be helpful for Bridges/Johnson/Claxton. For the Bulls even if Simmons is not at his best Simmons/Ball would both be expiring thus giving us room and options. Simmons if he plays and is overall healthy gives us size speed passing rebounding defense and would be very helpful for Ayo/White.

Vuc/Caruso for Ayton

I like this trade Ayton at the very least is a better rebounder, defender, finishing pick and rolls, and as a lob threat. For you can rebuild his confidence and get him focused like his Suns final runs the team can really go somewhere.

Absolutely not.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,658

Post#892 » by sco » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:02 pm

Muzbar wrote:

Lavine for Simmons

Vuc/Caruso for Ayton

Absolutely not.

I'm with you. This is a classic the grass is always greener, but upon closer inspection, it's just turf.

Simmons is probably one of a handful of guys in the NBA who I am 100% sure is less durable than Zack.

Ayton is the Eddie Curry of this era...enormous talent, but is lazy and defends worse than Vuc, and on a horrible deal.
:clap:
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,410

Post#893 » by jump » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:31 pm

Those are three of the most troubled players in the game. I want no part of any of those three.
Donkedave
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#894 » by Donkedave » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:07 am

So once the bulls season ends they can trade players/picks with other teams that are also not still in play offs/in?
2024 draft Bulls select who?
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,440

Post#895 » by ImSlower » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:52 pm

I thought Erlim was having a laugh with trades for Poole, Simmons, and Ayton, three of the least motivated, disappointing players in the league.
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#896 » by R3AL1TY » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:58 pm

This trade thread has gotten very cringed. Lavine for Poole? Lavine for Ben? lol

I don't mind trading him but not for huge downgrades.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,415

Post#897 » by JRoy » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:21 pm

Lavine for Simmons

Vuc/Caruso for Ayton

I would do this in a heartbeat for POR.

Ayton is just absolutely gutless. He’s an empty box wrapped up with a bow on top.

I would do it, but CHI should not.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#898 » by Mike lorenzo » Fri Mar 1, 2024 6:39 am

Something focused on Lavine+Caruso for MPJ+Nnaji+Jackson+FRP Protected? Send#11 + Filler for Kessler+#28.. or something between Vuc/Poelt?
1+1=11
Guru
Starter
And1: 218

Post#899 » by Guru » Fri Mar 1, 2024 6:33 pm

Team should make an easy jump forward

Will be adding whatever we trade Lavine for and a top 12 pick to
1 White 6'5 195 23 2 Carter 6'1 200 27 2
2 Caruso 6'5 186 29 1 Dosunmo 6'5 200 23 2 Terry 6'7 195 21 3
3 DeRozan 6'6 220 33 0 Bitim 6'6 215 24 0 Taylor 6'4 230 24 1
4 Williams 6'7 215 21 1 Craig 6'7 221 32 1 Phillips 6'8 198 20 3
5 Vucevic 6'10 260 32 2 Drummond 6'11 279 29 0 Sonogo 6'9 245 21 0
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,923

Post#900 » by ChettheJet » Fri Mar 1, 2024 11:55 pm

On the one hand I'm willing to take the Ayton deal. I see it as being equal to giving up Caruso substituted for a FRP to move on from Vuc. The future is going come, either AC gets more money somewhere or he gets injured, but he's just not a PF. I see Coby improved, not elite, on defense I see Ayo really improved on defense as well as telling people where they should have been on plays. Carter hustles on defense, I don't know if you want to install Bitim at SG or SF but he seems to understand that defense is moving your feet. I just think those last 3 guys have the offensive edge on AC and are capable on defense to come off the bench.

In addition I'd like to find a way to end up with another guy nobody wants, John Collins with PWill at the SF. You see what 74 rebounds did for the Bulls, it's hard to get to 50 with 4 guards on the floor with either center. This should be the off season to admit they need size and then get it. Even with Lavine and Coby at guard of Collins, Ayton and Patrick can sort out who has the weakest opponent to decide who's night it should be to be #3.

No way I want Ben Simmons and I'm not in desperation mode to trade Zach. First everybody in the discussion being healthy. I would really like to see Zach be starting next to Coby and how they both do without DeRozan on the team. I've said it before, I don't see Lavine as a team leader in any sense of the word but with he and DeRozan on the team it always seems like when one gets hot for a game or two, the internal competition fires up and the other tries to take over the next game or two. And we see the Bulls never having a 4 game win streak as a result.

I'd like to see how Zach reacts to Coby taking the leadership role, especially in the style they have developed without him when 27 or more assists basically wins the game. Adding to that I would like to see if Patrick Williams would be more aggressive without having DeRozan dominating the ball so damn much.

One thing they absolutely have to do this summer is get younger, so that Coby and Patrick join Zach in the older half of the roster and Phillips, Terry. Ayo, Bitim, even Taylor end up in contributing roles. If that means moving on from DeRozan, Caruso, Vucevic well it's going to happen someday, make it now and don't run it back another time.

Return to Chicago Bulls