Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #10

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 717

Re: NBA Trade Thread #10 

Post#841 » by Charlesareed » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:17 pm

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
Charlesareed wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Saw on X somewhere that the deal was allegedly Moody, GP2 and TJD plus a pick. Now obviously take that with a gain of salt as from memory it wasn't some big name 'X' reporter.

But if that offer was on the table I think the Bulls probably should have taken it, obviously it may depend on the pick too but that's a pretty decent deal IMO.

I don’t think this deal was offered at all because we all know akme would’ve dropped Alex Caruso off at ohare themselves I doubt see them trading tjd

I disagree. I think that offer is straight booty. Not one meaningful asset. Moody has been inconsistent if we're being kind, GP2 is a salary albatross, and the first and TJD are hope and pray types. If I was AKME it wouldn't get me to move off of trying to make the playoffs, either.

Ask yourself this....if it's such a great offer why is GS offering it? GP2 is basically heralded as a Alex Caruso lite. The truth is GP2 stinks these days and GS knows it.

That deal is not to bad you do it for the younger players moody & TJD you re route gp2 to say suns or bucks for 2n rd picks
Chicago Raised me
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#842 » by HomoSapien » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:55 pm

Charlesareed wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:
Charlesareed wrote:

I don’t think this deal was offered at all because we all know akme would’ve dropped Alex Caruso off at ohare themselves I doubt see them trading tjd

I disagree. I think that offer is straight booty. Not one meaningful asset. Moody has been inconsistent if we're being kind, GP2 is a salary albatross, and the first and TJD are hope and pray types. If I was AKME it wouldn't get me to move off of trying to make the playoffs, either.

Ask yourself this....if it's such a great offer why is GS offering it? GP2 is basically heralded as a Alex Caruso lite. The truth is GP2 stinks these days and GS knows it.

That deal is not to bad you do it for the younger players moody & TJD you re route gp2 to say suns or bucks for 2n rd picks

Payton is injured all the time. You're not re-routing him easily and if you do, you're likely the one giving the 2nd round picks.

Moody has always looked meh to me. I like Jackson-Davis for what he is, but I agree that him being the best young player in a package is disappointing. If it was Podziemski, Jackson-Davis, and a first that might have gotten some traction.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,923

Post#843 » by ChettheJet » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:16 pm

I'll offer something to consider when it comes to playing Vucevic and Drummond together.

I don't want to rule out that the Bulls are doing it with an eye towards trading Vuc in the summer. Think about it, this was unheard of last year and the first 50 games this year. After Vuc got injured and Andre started a few games the talk, other than Stacey King, this year turned to them playing together. Even though Billy seemed more than good with Caruso basically at the 4 just like Javonte Green last year even when Craig was healthy.

So what if the idea in the building was kicked around that if they showed other teams that Vuc could play outside with Drummond inside it might create a market for Vucevic. If Vuc can look like he can cover the 4 position for part of the game and play the 5 o his own, do other teams with tall young slender centers like Wemby, Banchero, Holmgren or maybe CLE looking to split up and stick with just one of Allen and Mobley, look at a veteran like Vuc, next year with only 2 years on his contract, to pair with their kid until he puts on some weight and can be the BIG man.

Then the Bulls could look to resign Drummond to start, with a young maybe stretch guy behind him.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,658

Post#844 » by sco » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:39 pm

ChettheJet wrote:I'll offer something to consider when it comes to playing Vucevic and Drummond together.

I don't want to rule out that the Bulls are doing it with an eye towards trading Vuc in the summer. Think about it, this was unheard of last year and the first 50 games this year. After Vuc got injured and Andre started a few games the talk, other than Stacey King, this year turned to them playing together. Even though Billy seemed more than good with Caruso basically at the 4 just like Javonte Green last year even when Craig was healthy.

So what if the idea in the building was kicked around that if they showed other teams that Vuc could play outside with Drummond inside it might create a market for Vucevic. If Vuc can look like he can cover the 4 position for part of the game and play the 5 o his own, do other teams with tall young slender centers like Wemby, Banchero, Holmgren or maybe CLE looking to split up and stick with just one of Allen and Mobley, look at a veteran like Vuc, next year with only 2 years on his contract, to pair with their kid until he puts on some weight and can be the BIG man.

Then the Bulls could look to resign Drummond to start, with a young maybe stretch guy behind him.

It's a nice dream, but alas still a dream.
:clap:
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,410

Post#845 » by jump » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:44 pm

ChettheJet wrote:I'll offer something to consider when it comes to playing Vucevic and Drummond together.

I seriously doubt anyone will trade a young big for Vuc. The only way we’re going get a young to develop is through the draft.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,866

Post#846 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:51 pm

Vuc's contract running through 2026 is insane.

AK is just a complete idiot.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#847 » by HomoSapien » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:04 pm

jump wrote:

I seriously doubt anyone will trade a young big for Vuc. The only way we’re going get a young to develop is through the draft.

I hope that's the plan. Drummond could easily be locked up on the cheap and be an above average starting big man for the next three years. He's better than Vuc. It's just so painfully obvious and for a team trying to "be competitive" I don't get how playing the better guy less minutes gets us there.

That said, Vuc's trade value has to be at an all-time low. I think our best bet is a team like GS or LA getting desperate for one more final's run. In that scenario, maybe you can convince a team to swap a collection of matching contracts (expiring or same length but split between two-three guys) and a 2nd round pick. That seems like the best bet.

The best Vuc has looked to me this season was as a 6th man when he came back from injury. There's no shame in being a bum slayer. That's a useful guy to have and if he's matched up against other bench players he'll slay more often.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,360

Post#848 » by pipfan » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:48 pm

Vuc/our pick (let's say #10) and the Port pick for JAllen. They can have Terry too
sco
RealGM

Post#849 » by sco » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:56 pm

pipfan wrote:Vuc/our pick (let's say #10) and the Port pick for JAllen. They can have Terry too

Interesting, but I don't see them doing it. Barring another total fail in the playoffs, I can't see them looking to break up this squad (at least until Spider goes to NY).

Speaking of NY, IMO, we'd have a better shot at trying to get Robinson or Hartenstein from NY. Hartenstein is going to be a FA and will likely get paid enough such that NY won't want both guys. They probably wouldn't want Vuc's deal for the same reason, but maybe we can take back some salary.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#850 » by League Circles » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:50 pm

I don't know enough about any of these guys to know if these are insane ideas for either the Bulls or the other team in question, but what about this summer we trade, in principle Vuc and Caruso (plus possibly more or less such as Terry, Phillips, Carter etc for one of these guys:

Julius Randle
Brook Lopez
John Collins
Clint Capela
Draymond Green

I basically looked up salaries next year in the range that would save us payroll if we traded Caruso and Vuc, and checked which 4/5s next year are making in the 20-30 mil range. I realize these guys aren't all the same caliber so idk maybe for a guy like Randle it would mean adding our pick, whereas for a guy like Draymond we'd maybe be getting something more back like GS's pick or something.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,293

Post#851 » by dumbell78 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:22 am

TheSuzerain wrote:Vuc's contract running through 2026 is insane.

AK is just a complete idiot.

lol, Still dont understand who they were outbidding or who was actually going to lock up Vuc for 3 years.

All the while Drummond is sitting there for you on the cheap.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
ChettheJet
Head Coach

Post#852 » by ChettheJet » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:10 pm

jump wrote:I seriously doubt anyone will trade a young big for Vuc. The only way we’re going get a young to develop is through the draft.

Well I know no team would trade a young big for Vucevic, so much so that I in no way suggested that. Trade Vuc then go find a young big to back up Andre, separate deals, reading, it''s fundamental
Guru
Starter
And1: 218

Post#853 » by Guru » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:18 pm

What is a reasonable trade to get Nic Claxton in a sign and trade assuming he makes 25M a year?

A sign and trade Claxton-Finney Smith for LaVine would work.
sco
RealGM

Post#854 » by sco » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:44 pm

Guru wrote:What is a reasonable trade to get Nic Claxton in a sign and trade assuming he makes 25M a year?

A sign and trade Claxton-Finney Smith for LaVine would work.

We're not trading Lavine this offseason. Folks need to be dispelled of that illusion.
ChettheJet
Head Coach

Post#855 » by ChettheJet » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:44 pm

Almost certain Lavine is here next year. Unless

Lebron decides he wants out of LA. No chance he wants to come to the Bulls but few teams can trade a max contract or several large contracts to match his $47M. One article has the LAL wanting 'difference making perimeter talent. Well those neither grow on trees or get traded often.

So what besides the injury prone, no defense usual Zach thumbs down prevents the LAL from seeing a west coast, UCLA guy who is an excellent catch and shooter, with range, drive to the basket scorer for less than Lebron gets now, locked up for a few years. Send Lebron to his preferred destination, that team sends a few guys on rookie deals who still have potential, an expiring and a couple of picks and the Lakers get Zach and Caruso to play defense.

People think Vuc is so overpaid at $20M you think one dimensional defensive Nic Claxton with no three point shot, career .167%, 10PPG and 7.5 RPG is worth $25M?
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,355

Post#856 » by 2weekswithpay » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:23 pm

ChettheJet wrote:Almost certain Lavine is here next year. Unless

Lebron decides he wants out of LA. No chance he wants to come to the Bulls but few teams can trade a max contract or several large contracts to match his $47M. One article has the LAL wanting 'difference making perimeter talent. Well those neither grow on trees or get traded often.

So what besides the injury prone, no defense usual Zach thumbs down prevents the LAL from seeing a west coast, UCLA guy who is an excellent catch and shooter, with range, drive to the basket scorer for less than Lebron gets now, locked up for a few years. Send Lebron to his preferred destination, that team sends a few guys on rookie deals who still have potential, an expiring and a couple of picks and the Lakers get Zach and Caruso to play defense.

People think Vuc is so overpaid at $20M you think one dimensional defensive Nic Claxton with no three point shot, career .167%, 10PPG and 7.5 RPG is worth $25M?

Lebron can opt out and walk in free agency if he wants to leave. Also, Zach isn't a difference-making perimeter talent right now, the Lakers want players like Trae Young and Donovan Mitchell.

Claxton's selling point is his defense. He's an All-Defense caliber player with good play finishing. 25M per season isn't that bad.
PJSteven22
Sixth Man
And1: 847

Post#857 » by PJSteven22 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:12 am

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
Charlesareed wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Saw on X somewhere that the deal was allegedly Moody, GP2 and TJD plus a pick. Now obviously take that with a gain of salt as from memory it wasn't some big name 'X' reporter.

But if that offer was on the table I think the Bulls probably should have taken it, obviously it may depend on the pick too but that's a pretty decent deal IMO.

Ask yourself this....if it's such a great offer why is GS offering it? GP2 is basically heralded as an Alex Caruso lite. The truth is GP2 stinks these days and GS knows it.

MM is solid he just needs the minutes. TJD is a solid young big and the pick is the cherry on top. This short term thinking is the reason we’re in this situation. I’d highly doubt you’ll get anything remotely close to that much from anybody else.
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,186

Post#858 » by _txchilibowl_ » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:45 pm

PJSteven22 wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:
Charlesareed wrote:

Ask yourself this....if it's such a great offer why is GS offering it? GP2 is basically heralded as an Alex Caruso lite. The truth is GP2 stinks these days and GS knows it.

MM is solid he just needs the minutes. TJD is a solid young big and the pick is the cherry on top. This short term thinking is the reason we’re in this situation. I’d highly doubt you’ll get anything remotely close to that much from anybody else.

And that's fine. I'll keep my Alex Caruso....short-sightedness and all.
PJSteven22
Sixth Man
And1: 847

Post#859 » by PJSteven22 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:29 pm

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
PJSteven22 wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:

And that's fine. I'll keep my Alex Caruso....short-sightedness and all.

And complain when he leaves. Again don’t complain when the team sucks. We need young talent. It’s just not a logical way of thinking about it.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 717

Post#860 » by Charlesareed » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:37 pm

League Circles wrote:I don't know enough about any of these guys to know if these are insane ideas for either the Bulls or the other team in question, but what about this summer we trade, in principle Vuc and Caruso (plus possibly more or less such as Terry, Phillips, Carter etc for one of these guys:

Julius Randle
Brook Lopez
John Collins
Clint Capela
Draymond Green

I basically looked up salaries next year in the range that would save us payroll if we traded Caruso and Vuc, and checked which 4/5s next year are making in the 20-30 mil range. I realize these guys aren't all the same caliber so idk maybe for a guy like Randle it would mean adding our pick, whereas for a guy like Draymond we'd maybe be getting something more back like GS's pick or something.

You can get any those guys without add caurso also vuc suck will cost a 1st to move him probably
Chicago Raised me

Return to Chicago Bulls