Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #10

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,665

Re: NBA Trade Thread #10 

Post#1001 » by sco » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:31 am

I just can't see us being able to trade Lavine during the offseason due to the injury.
:clap:
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,036

Post#1002 » by Chi town » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:13 am

sco wrote:I just can't see us being able to trade Lavine during the offseason due to the injury.

Either can I.

No way ownership will take on a bad contract either.
RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Post#1003 » by RastaBull » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:02 am

Saw a suggestion of John Collins, and I'm 100% on that pursuit.

Utah has glut of PFs. Lauri is obviously off limits; Hendricks started to get more burn but they picked him high and he's a talent. Collins is certainly good, but he's one of their best trade chips to try and land a much bigger star. So in my mind, Collins is a fairly big contract that is valuable player and one of the most feasible trade targets.

I don't think they'd want Lavine straight up. But how about this (who says no; who needs something more or won't want this at all):

Bulls get COLLINS (26.5 mil)
Hawks get LAVINE (43 mil)
Jazz get TRAE YOUNG (43 mil)

Would Hawks do that? Probably not, right? Can we sweeten Hawks incentive? Portland pick enough? (probably not). Maybe Utah also throws a future heavily protected first Hawks way? It's obviously great for us, we get a legit PF body (strong rebounder, doesn't, good off ball scorer, improved shooting stroke, transition) .. and we save 16 mil. Jazz get a #1 star (say what you will; he led the Hawks to ECF, he's not my type of guy but he is a transcendent player); Young could fit with Lauri for a high octane offense, and they just insert 3/D+rebounders around him (already got some young talent for that).

Second trade:
76ers gets CARUSO
Bulls gets REED + 2024 1st (16th pick) [or the 2026 Clips pick]

Coby / Carter / (Lonzo)
Ayo / ?
DDR / Pat
Collins / Reed / Pat
Vuc / Reed

Then use our pick on BPA (lots of lotto guys are combo guards that could fit real nice with this ... but also still worth the F like T Smith/Williams/Risacher/Salaun ... or legit center if Clingan is there)
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,803

Post#1004 » by Jcool0 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:06 pm

I would go to the Lakers this off season and see if they would want to do a deal centered around LaVine for Reeves. We know the Lakers desperately need that 3rd star and don't really have the assets to get a top player. I don't think anyone views Reeves as untradable anymore and he isn't some sleeping giant, like some viewed him last off season. So Bulls get out from under LaVine and also get at lest something decent back from him.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,542

Post#1005 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:23 pm

sco wrote:I just can't see us being able to trade Lavine during the offseason due to the injury.

I don't know. I don't think it is as big of an issue. His value isn't sky high and afterall Beal got traded last year and is worse and injury prone on a similar contract.
burlydee
Sixth Man
And1: 930

Post#1006 » by burlydee » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:20 pm

burlydee wrote:Zach Lavine and the Portland pick to Utah for John Collins and the worst of their 2025 1st round picks (they have 3).

Bulls save $16 million and shave off a year on the Lavine contract.

I think Utah would consider this trade straight up. Maybe instead sending a pick back, they send nothing but Collins. But I think Lavine is legit one of their best options. No one wants to play there. So all they have is trade and draft. Lavine costs a lot, but he'd be beloved there, fits their style and is the probably their best shot to get value for Collins without giving up draft capital. They can pursue the playoffs while stockpiling picks and he's a clear up grade over Sexton/Clarkson.

Bulls get a real actual power forward who can catch lobs, set picks and block shots and doesn't want to dribble 20 times a possession. He's basically a bench guy but a potential reclamation project. I don't expect much but a rotation guy who can play a role. He fills a need for the Bulls.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,929

Post#1007 » by ChettheJet » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:06 pm

First: I don't see any team having a problem trading for Zach before he starts playing games for the Bulls. They can ask the Bulls to see his medical charts, the Team X coach and GM can see him work out, he can sit down with the Team X doctors. If I'm another team and I wait to see him play 20 games and he looks great, does that mean he won't play 5 games in his new uniform and dislocate a shoulder or foot or tear up his knee ? You're hoping his injury history is behind him either way.

But I see the wire headline above about SAS maybe looking to sign Chris Paul. Yeah he's a PG but let's admit he is showing his age and not playing a full season for quite some time. If Pops is looking for a veteran to be a steadying influence for his young guys and picks to come why wouldn't he look at Demar? That's that big benefit people see him providing in Chicago, with limited success maybe he leads the Spurs up faster than expected.
sco
RealGM

Post#1008 » by sco » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:56 pm

what about a deal with ATL: Lavine/Caruso/Carter for Young/Hunter

Gets rid of Lavine and Carter. I could see Young be better here. I like Hunter more than most.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,424

Post#1009 » by Muzbar » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:28 pm

sco wrote:what about a deal with ATL: Lavine/Caruso/Carter for Young/Hunter

Gets rid of Lavine and Carter. I could see Young be better here. I like Hunter more than most.

I would much rather keep LaVine and have him be disgruntled for the remainder of his contract than see Trae Young in a Bulls jersey.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
sco
RealGM

Post#1010 » by sco » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:35 pm

Muzbar wrote:

I would much rather keep LaVine and have him be disgruntled for the remainder of his contract than see Trae Young in a Bulls jersey.

Yeah, so would I, but I think AK has painted himself into a corner. I would prefer a "capable" and not too old, but flawed/disgruntled player than a pure salary dump. Guys fitting that description, IMO: Young, Randle and Zion. I feel like Young can be built around as a main scorer better than the other 2.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,542

Post#1011 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:56 pm

sco wrote:
Muzbar wrote:

Yeah, so would I, but I think AK has painted himself into a corner. I would prefer a "capable" and not too old, but flawed/disgruntled player than a pure salary dump. Guys fitting that description, IMO: Young, Randle and Zion. I feel like Young can be built around as a main scorer better than the other 2.

Zion I don't think is realistic....
sco
RealGM

Post#1012 » by sco » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:09 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
sco wrote:
Muzbar wrote:I would much rather keep LaVine and have him be disgruntled for the remainder of his contract than see Trae Young in a Bulls jersey.

ok, so down to Young or Randle. IMO, both better than a salary dump and/or late frp.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,443

Post#1013 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:58 am

sco wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
sco wrote:Yeah, so would I, but I think AK has painted himself into a corner. I would prefer a "capable" and not too old, but flawed/disgruntled player than a pure salary dump. Guys fitting that description, IMO: Young, Randle and Zion. I feel like Young can be built around as a main scorer better than the other 2.

ok, so down to Young or Randle. IMO, both better than a salary dump and/or late frp.

Salary dump makes a lot more sense given where the Bulls are right now. Trading for either of those guys is just willfully remaining mid.

Young, in particular, seems to me to be a net negative player.
sco
RealGM

Post#1014 » by sco » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:17 am

jnrjr79 wrote:
sco wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

Salary dump makes a lot more sense given where the Bulls are right now. Trading for either of those guys is just willfully remaining mid.

I would prefer a rebuild, but I'm 100% sure AK won't, so this would be next best thing IMO.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,443

Post#1015 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:19 am

sco wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:
sco wrote:ok, so down to Young or Randle. IMO, both better than a salary dump and/or late frp.

I would prefer a rebuild, but I'm 100% sure AK won't, so this would be next best thing IMO.

I would also prefer a rebuild and also agree that AK is not going to do it, but I think swapping Zach for Young makes the Bulls worse. Randle might make them better.
sco
RealGM

Post#1016 » by sco » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:26 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
sco wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:

I would also prefer a rebuild and also agree that AK is not going to do it, but I think swapping Zach for Young makes the Bulls worse. Randle might make them better.

Again, I agree that Young on this Bulls team is worse than Lavine, but I also believe a "Lavine for anything" deal the situation and Young will make this team better than the capspace and late 1st that we'd otherwise get for Lavine. I'd prefer Randle too.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,929

Post#1017 » by ChettheJet » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:43 pm

I would rather keep Zach and try to get the ball out of his hands so he might enjoy being a spot up shooter, in the Reggie Miller, Ray Allen mold with Ayo and Coby handling the PG role. If you bring in Young as the small scoring PG, where does that leave Coby and Ayo? They would have to play off the ball the vast majority of the time. The unknown at this point would be, are they keeping DeRozan? How is that going to work if Trae has the ball a lot, does Demar take 2 giant steps back from controlling the ball as much as he has while here? I don't see that happening. If Demar is gone does Young decide he needs to make up for the scoring loss and how does that affect the SF and PF whoever they might be?

Randle really is an isolation player, are the Bulls better off putting him in in place of DeRozan or how could it possibly work if Lavine is gone and Randle and DeRozan are your forwards? Might as well put 3 lamp posts out there with them.
sco
RealGM

Post#1018 » by sco » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:20 pm

ChettheJet wrote:I would rather keep Zach and try to get the ball out of his hands so he might enjoy being a spot up shooter, in the Reggie Miller, Ray Allen mold with Ayo and Coby handling the PG role. If you bring in Young as the small scoring PG, where does that leave Coby and Ayo? They would have to play off the ball the vast majority of the time. The unknown at this point would be, are they keeping DeRozan? How is that going to work if Trae has the ball a lot, does Demar take 2 giant steps back from controlling the ball as much as he has while here? I don't see that happening. If Demar is gone does Young decide he needs to make up for the scoring loss and how does that affect the SF and PF whoever they might be?

Randle really is an isolation player, are the Bulls better off putting him in in place of DeRozan or how could it possibly work if Lavine is gone and Randle and DeRozan are your forwards? Might as well put 3 lamp posts out there with them.

I agree, I'd rather get rid of Vuc and Demar and give Zach another shot - BUT NFW AK is keeping Zach based on his presser. And if my only choice is Trae vs. (expirings who aren't rotation level players) and a non-lotto 1st (for example), I'd rather give Trae a shot.

As for Randle, yeah, he'd be a tough fit with Demar, but I will say that I saw real progress this season in Randle away from ISO ball.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,036

Post#1019 » by Chi town » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:36 pm

WT: spurs don’t want Trae. Seems like no one does.

Seems like AK destiny we trade Lavine for Trae.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,884

Post#1020 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:38 pm

The Trae plan offers some tangible hope. Which is more than I can say about our current plan.

Return to Chicago Bulls