Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #10

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,255

Re: NBA Trade Thread #10 

Post#981 » by Dan Z » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:28 am

Guru wrote:I would really like to see a Lavine trade for a Dorian Finney Smith and S&T Nick Claxton. I love Claxton's game.

Then you run it back with DDR at a reasonable price. If he doesn't take it you are completely fine as well. Would love Drummond back but ok without him and Claxton. If he's back than you just aggressively try to trade Vuc.

1 White-Carter-Ball
2 Caruso-Ayo-Terry-Green
3 DDR-Knecht/Tidjane/Matas-Craig-Bitim
4 Williams-Finney-Smith-Phillps
5 Claxton-Vuc-Sanogo

That team would be fun, and competitive and you would have the scaffolding for guys like White, Williams, Knecht/Tidjane/Matas to blow up.

Lavine probably is too scary with his injury for the Nets after Simmons but he actually would work really well with Simmons.

If the Nets sign and trade Claxton then who plays center for them?
Guru
Starter
And1: 218

Post#982 » by Guru » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:15 pm

Dan Z wrote:
Guru wrote:I would really like to see a Lavine trade for a Dorian Finney Smith and S&T Nick Claxton. I love Claxton's game.

Then you run it back with DDR at a reasonable price. If he doesn't take it you are completely fine as well. Would love Drummond back but ok without him and Claxton. If he's back than you just aggressively try to trade Vuc.

1 White-Carter-Ball
2 Caruso-Ayo-Terry-Green
3 DDR-Knecht/Tidjane/Matas-Craig-Bitim
4 Williams-Finney-Smith-Phillps
5 Claxton-Vuc-Sanogo

That team would be fun, and competitive and you would have the scaffolding for guys like White, Williams, Knecht/Tidjane/Matas to blow up.

Lavine probably is too scary with his injury for the Nets after Simmons but he actually would work really well with Simmons.

If the Nets sign and trade Claxton then who plays center for them?

Stop inserting logic in my dream scenarios.....This is a great point though. This is would have to be a scenario where he says I want to go play for someone else and they are willing to pay more and he would have to want to win and we would somehow have to meet his threshold of winning and others wouldn't....
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,120

Post#983 » by patryk7754 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:09 pm

I think the bulls should try out a package of White, Vuc, POR pick (maybe another 1st ) and see how big of an upgrade we can get at PG...Top targets would be

Fox
Young
Murray
Garland

If we can land that type of trade, I would like to follow it up with singing Jaden Smith and Nic Claxton

Star PG
Lavin
Caruso
Smith
Claxton

Our defense has the potential to be elite (especially if we land Fox or Murray). I would probably like to sign Claxton and Smith regardless of what we do via trades.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,417

Post#984 » by Muzbar » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:13 am

patryk7754 wrote:I think the bulls should try out a package of White, Vuc, POR pick (maybe another 1st ) and see how big of an upgrade we can get at PG...Top targets would be

Fox
Young
Murray
Garland

If we can land that type of trade, I would like to follow it up with singing Jaden Smith and Nic Claxton

Star PG
Lavin
Caruso
Smith
Claxton

Our defense has the potential to be elite (especially if we land Fox or Murray). I would probably like to sign Claxton and Smith regardless of what we do via trades.

You're not going to get any of the guys you mentioned for that package, plus Young is probably the only really obtainable one, although it seems more likely you could get Dejounte Murray than Trae.

The Bulls can't sign Claxton as they don't have capspace this off-season. Did you mean Jalen Smith, the guy on the Pacers? Pretty sure the Bulls can sign him either due to the same reasons.

I doubt Coby is going anywhere, same goes for Ayo.

I'm not sure there's many avenues for the team to improve itself other than some monumental growth from one of their younger players.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
leo921
Senior
And1: 216

Post#985 » by leo921 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:14 pm

What I would like to see happen but doubt it will

Reset plan

Let DDR leave as a FA
Resign Williams for 4 yrs
Trade Lavine for Simmons and best picks possible, probably some 2nd rd picks
At pick 11 all of the top guys will be gone Sarr/Risacher/Buzelis/Cody Williams. Castle/Dillingham are good but we have Ayo/Coby dont need them and dont want Knecht (older guy who finally starting play well) Holland ( cant shoot just very athletic).

We should draft Tyler Smith from Gleague. 6'11 stretch 4 who can shoot 3s and block shots. Needs to work on his defense but I believe that will come in time.

I know everyone is going to complain about Simmons but im looking at the contract and what it can do for us vs the player.
Simmons is a 40m expiring contract. With his contract we can do 1 of 2 things.

1) DDR 28m gone off cap, Simmons 40m and Ball 21.4m are off the cap next season. The Bulls will now have cap space and Vuc with 1 yr and 20m left on his contract. Bulls now have cap space and flexibility for trades.

or

2) We now have the best assets for any team looking to trade a star. A 40m expiring contract, Caruso (star role player) and Port Pick as well. That is a great package for any team having to trade a star due to cap issues or afriad of losing star to new contract.

Our team becomes

Ayo/Ball/Carter
Coby/Caruso
Williams/Terry
Smith/Phillips/Simmons
Vuc/Drummond

yes that team wont be making the playoffs and will be focusing more on player development and the draft but we need to start over and our 25 pick is top ten protected. The 25 draft is supposed to be good so we should focus on our younger players and getting draft picks
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,661

Post#986 » by sco » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:39 pm

I wonder if there is a 2-part trade out there that allows us to S&T Demar to some team and as part of a joint-deal that team also takes Vuc in exchange for a few expiring deals?
:clap:
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,415

Post#987 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:37 pm

sco wrote:I wonder if there is a 2-part trade out there that allows us to S&T Demar to some team and as part of a joint-deal that team also takes Vuc in exchange for a few expiring deals?

It would have to be 2 transactions, which would complicate this a bit, because to my understanding you cannot include other outbound players in a S&T.
sco
RealGM

Post#988 » by sco » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:47 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
sco wrote:I wonder if there is a 2-part trade out there that allows us to S&T Demar to some team and as part of a joint-deal that team also takes Vuc in exchange for a few expiring deals?

It would have to be 2 transactions, which would complicate this a bit, because to my understanding you cannot include other outbound players in a S&T.

I agree, but still, probably one of the better outcomes we could hope for in a Demar S&T.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,415

Post#989 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

sco wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:

I agree, but still, probably one of the better outcomes we could hope for in a Demar S&T.

Sure, I'm all for using DeMar to get Vooch out of town - just noting it'll be a little tricky, salary-matching wise, since you have to do 2 deals.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,502

Post#990 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:45 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
sco wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:

Sure, I'm all for using DeMar to get Vooch out of town - just noting it'll be a little tricky, salary-matching wise, since you have to do 2 deals.

That would be ideal.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,924

Post#991 » by ChettheJet » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:21 pm

from this article, two potential Bulls' trades plus one to add

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10117008-trade-ideas-to-replace-nbas-most-disappointing-starters

The first makes some sense, great to get the 2026 pick the 2 2nds this year are good for a team with no seconds forever. Getting Huerter puts him with White and Dosunmu in a good backcourt trio.

Carter is no loss and Caruso is expiring and one floor burn from a long term injury.

What this one requires is a second maybe third trade. Lavine has to go and they still don't have a PF so that's one and moving on from DeRozan could create space for that PF

The 2nd trade makes no sense following the 1st unless they get themselves in on the the 3rd

I would look to resign Andre Drummond with a raise that makes getting Mo Wagner to back him up look like a really good move. The problem is, why are you signing Makelle Fultz as a FA when he's going to be your 4th guard behind Coby, Ayo and the newly acquired Kevin? Don't know what kind of contract Fultz would require but that money could be better spent on the front line. Plus they either let DeRozan go for cap space or they get something in return for him, maybe a 2025 pick.

Which brings us to the 3rd trade in the article WASH and UT. Let's insert the Bulls in that one and send Nikola Vucevic to WASH who has the other Vukcevic at the 5, older Vuc gives them 2 years of solid unspectacular play while the younger Vuk grows into the NBA. WASH doesn't really want to add Collins to Kuzma, Bagley and Avidja.

White Dosunmu
Huerter Terry
Drummond Wagner Sanogo
Williams
Collins Craig Phillips

Yes the Bulls take John Collins, and have their PF. I read one UT fan saying that Collins isn't good at getting his own shot. well the Bulls play their best when they don't have guys getting their own shot. When they move the ball, get to the open shot, get those 28 assist that's when they win. They still have White and Dosunmu even Williams to drive to the basket, White and Huerter can get their own shot.

their 2024 pick, plus 2 2nds, 2- 2026 picks
sco
RealGM

Post#992 » by sco » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:28 pm

Muzbar wrote:Would it be worth approaching Portland about acquiring their GSW FRP (currently 14th) for their FRP back? Probably unlikely, but would be a good way to get some cheap talent on the team.

Just a thought.

Saw this in another thread but it's a good point that POR's pick is worth more to them than anyone else because it limits their ability to trade their own 1st for years. I'd add another asset like a 2nd or even Terry to make a real asset out of that pick.
rosenthall
Senior
And1: 285

Post#993 » by rosenthall » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:27 pm

ChettheJet wrote:from this article, two potential Bulls' trades plus one to add

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10117008-trade-ideas-to-replace-nbas-most-disappointing-starters

This is going to be unpopular, but Wiggins might end up being a realistic trade target for Lavine if the team wants to resign DeMar.

They have the same contract length, same age, and both have worn out their welcome with their current teams. Zach could be a Clay replacement, and Wiggins is a better fit for how Billie likes to play and wouldn't clash with DeMar on the court.

Zach makes more money so there would have to be additional salaries to match, but I could see that being that being a realistic return for him.
sco
RealGM

Post#994 » by sco » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:19 pm

rosenthall wrote:

This is going to be unpopular, but Wiggins might end up being a realistic trade target for Lavine if the team wants to resign DeMar.

They have the same contract length, same age, and both have worn out their welcome with their current teams. Zach could be a Clay replacement, and Wiggins is a better fit for how Billie likes to play and wouldn't clash with DeMar on the court.

Zach makes more money so there would have to be additional salaries to match, but I could see that being that being a realistic return for him.

It might be the best we could do, but there are a number of sources claiming that Wiggins lost interest in basketball, which is a bigger problem than Zach. And if you are SF and not interested in basketball, coming here isn't gonna change things.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 734

Post#995 » by Charlesareed » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:13 pm

I’m wonder if bulls can trade Zach lavine to gsw for Wiggins & moody or gp2
Chicago Raised me
Muzbar
Starter

Post#996 » by Muzbar » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:30 pm

Charlesareed wrote:I’m wonder if bulls can trade Zach lavine to gsw for Wiggins & moody or gp2

Wiggins & Moody/GP2, financially, no.

Wiggins, Moody AND GP2, financially, yes.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#997 » by Muzbar » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:44 pm

Zach and Vucevic to GSW

for

CP3 (non-guaranteed deal), Wiggins and Kuminga (or Moody and a 1st)
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,026

Post#998 » by Chi town » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:04 am

sco wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Would it be worth approaching Portland about acquiring their GSW FRP (currently 14th) for their FRP back? Probably unlikely, but would be a good way to get some cheap talent on the team.

Just a thought.

Saw this in another thread but it's a good point that POR's pick is worth more to them than anyone else because it limits their ability to trade their own 1st for years. I'd add another asset like a 2nd or even Terry to make a real asset out of that pick.

Both teams talked about it last year but nothing happened.

This draft makes way more sense for POR as it sucks. I like the GSW pick for POR pick back.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,026

Post#999 » by Chi town » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:06 am

sco wrote:
rosenthall wrote:

It might be the best we could do, but there are a number of sources claiming that Wiggins lost interest in basketball, which is a bigger problem than Zach. And if you are SF and not interested in basketball, coming here isn't gonna change things.

Live here in SF and watched lots of Dubs games. Wiggins just stopped trying. He’s awful.
burlydee
Sixth Man
And1: 929

Post#1000 » by burlydee » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:23 am

Zach Lavine and the Portland pick to Utah for John Collins and the worst of their 2025 1st round picks (they have 3).

Bulls save $16 million and shave off a year on the Lavine contract.

Return to Chicago Bulls