Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #10

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,563

Re: NBA Trade Thread #10 

Post#941 » by Dominator83 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:24 pm

Donkedave wrote:So once the bulls season ends they can trade players/picks with other teams that are also not still in play offs/in?

im pretty sure that is correct. Once your season ends your trade season may begin.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,086

Post#942 » by MrSparkle » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:39 am

Dominator83 wrote:
Donkedave wrote:So once the bulls season ends they can trade players/picks with other teams that are also not still in play offs/in?

im pretty sure that is correct. Once your season ends your trade season may begin.

AK’s gonna wait until October to evaluate all the pieces.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,222

Post#943 » by Red8911 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:27 am

Dominator83 wrote:

Yeah but usually teams start trading the week of the draft,mostly during, and after. Dont remember teams making moves while the playoffs are still on, if they did it’s rare.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,924

Post#944 » by ChettheJet » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:10 pm

It is rare for even small deals to come before the Finals are over. I would say those that do happen were probably deals discussed at the deadline and are based on odd contract stipulations. Most teams if they are willing to talk about trades, prefer to wait until the last possible hour with the hope that the phone rings with that little bit better late deal.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#945 » by League Circles » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:14 am

I'd really like to see us target these guys in trade this summer:

Ben Simmons
Chris Paul
Brook Lopez
Malcolm Brogdan
Clint Capela

The reason is simple - these are the 5 guys with only a year left on their deal for over 20 mil whose teams probably don't want them that much relatively speaking (as opposed to a guy like Brandon Ingram). I'd like to think one of these guys could come back to help us dump Vuc or Zach, probably with other pieces from and to us.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,661

Post#946 » by sco » Fri Apr 5, 2024 12:35 pm

League Circles wrote:I'd really like to see us target these guys in trade this summer:

Ben Simmons
Chris Paul
Brook Lopez
Malcolm Brogdan
Clint Capela

The reason is simple - these are the 5 guys with only a year left on their deal for over 20 mil whose teams probably don't want them that much relatively speaking (as opposed to a guy like Brandon Ingram). I'd like to think one of these guys could come back to help us dump Vuc or Zach, probably with other pieces from and to us.

I'm with you, but don't think AK is. AK might try to dump Zach this offseason, but I think he won't get what he might be looking for given Zach's injury. If he's smart, his best move is to use (at least the first part of) next season as a way to pump and dump Zach at the deadline. Given that we're not really contending next season, Vuc is probably unmovable until the following season as an expiring...again, it's probably cheaper to keep him until then. Selling either guy low really doesn't help this team move forward.

The best things he can do this offseason would be to get value out of Demar via a S&T a young asset(s), and trade Caruso for either a 1st or a young asset (both seems like a reach).
:clap:
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,661

Post#947 » by sco » Fri Apr 5, 2024 12:48 pm

I was driving home last night and was listening to Knicks fans. IMO maybe there's a chance to swap problem/injured children and pick up a useful player.

I think the Knicks have seen the benefits of the space and pace without Randle competing with Brunson for the ball and taking shots away from Donte and OG. Also, I think they'll need to choose between Hartenstein and Randle who will both want to start and IH is a FA.

I wonder if a deal for Zach and PWill (S&T - so may need to be structured as 2 deals) for Randle, Robinson and Bogey.

This would need to be done in conjunction with us moving on from DDR (hopefully for an asset back).

I could get comfortable with going into next season with a line-up of White, Ayo, Caruso, Randle, Robinson
:clap:
Donkedave
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#948 » by Donkedave » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:52 am

If they were to S&T DeRozan what’s his value?
1st and a 2nd? Plus the players coming back?

Example on draft night after they make the pick at 18 would have to happen
Lakers : DeRozan

Bulls : Hachimura, Vincent, Hayes, 24 1st(NOP) defer pick to 25, 24 2nd via LAC
So picks roughly be 18 & 54

That seem like a fair deal?
2024 draft Bulls select who?
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,417

Post#949 » by Muzbar » Sat Apr 6, 2024 7:06 am

Donkedave wrote:If they were to S&T DeRozan what’s his value?

DeRozan can't be S&T before or during the draft as free agency is after the draft.

Also I don't see anyone trading a FRP for a 35+yo DeRozan let alone a bunch of decent role players.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Donkedave
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#950 » by Donkedave » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:52 pm

Muzbar wrote:
Donkedave wrote:If they were to S&T DeRozan what’s his value?

DeRozan can't be S&T before or during the draft as free agency is after the draft.

Also I don't see anyone trading a FRP for a 35+yo DeRozan let alone a bunch of decent role players.

Thought that would be the case on timing of trade in my example
2024 draft Bulls select who?
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,924

Post#951 » by ChettheJet » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:40 pm

With free agency coming after the draft I would say to look at what playoff teams who would be interested in Demar do in the draft. It might be looked at as collusion if they draft someone who looks destined for the Bulls. But like the Lakers, look at JHS who they drafted last year and didn't use much. Someone like him equals a FRP. Maybe the Bulls like the usual Hachimura package but I just don't see them accepting Vincent when he looks just like Jevon Carter, who only gets off the bench on occasion, but at twice the price.

I have to look for less obvious destinations for DeRozan. With Demar and Pops being so close, SAS maybe sends the Bulls back their pick and they get cap space. If the Knicks can move Randle and if they extend Thibs who has no desire for rookies. maybe they send the Bulls a couple of their picks. I think there's more out there beyond the constant Laker chatter.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,255

Post#952 » by Dan Z » Sun Apr 7, 2024 3:41 am

ChettheJet wrote:With free agency coming after the draft I would say to look at what playoff teams who would be interested in Demar do in the draft. It might be looked at as collusion if they draft someone who looks destined for the Bulls. But like the Lakers, look at JHS who they drafted last year and didn't use much. Someone like him equals a FRP. Maybe the Bulls like the usual Hachimura package but I just don't see them accepting Vincent when he looks just like Jevon Carter, who only gets off the bench on occasion, but at twice the price.

I have to look for less obvious destinations for DeRozan. With Demar and Pops being so close, SAS maybe sends the Bulls back their pick and they get cap space. If the Knicks can move Randle and if they extend Thibs who has no desire for rookies. maybe they send the Bulls a couple of their picks. I think there's more out there beyond the constant Laker chatter.

I think the Spurs will have cap space, which means they can outright sign DDR if they want him.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,120

Post#953 » by patryk7754 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:27 pm

I wonder what Markkanen's value is, especially going into his last season. Would the jazz be willing to do Vuc and a couple of 2nds? It would probably take Vuc and at least a lotto protected 1st but idk if I'm willing to do that since we got rid of him in the first place. I'd imagine they'd get better offers. But, if we do manage to pull that off, it would be great to follow that up with signing Nic Claxton (or acquire a similar defensive center)

White
Lavine
Caruso
Markkanen
Claxton

that's a pretty good offensive/defensive mix
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,417

Post#954 » by Muzbar » Tue Apr 9, 2024 2:11 am

patryk7754 wrote:I wonder what Markkanen's value is, especially going into his last season. Would the jazz be willing to do Vuc and a couple of 2nds? It would probably take Vuc and at least a lotto protected 1st but idk if I'm willing to do that since we got rid of him in the first place. I'd imagine they'd get better offers. But, if we do manage to pull that off, it would be great to follow that up with signing Nic Claxton (or acquire a similar defensive center)

White
Lavine
Caruso
Markkanen
Claxton

The Jazz were looking for multiple FRPs for Lauri at the deadline, this is Danny Ainge you'd be dealing with, he won't change that stance.

The Lauri ship has sailed.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,502

Post#955 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Apr 9, 2024 1:02 pm

Dan Z wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:With free agency coming after the draft I would say to look at what playoff teams who would be interested in Demar do in the draft. It might be looked at as collusion if they draft someone who looks destined for the Bulls. But like the Lakers, look at JHS who they drafted last year and didn't use much. Someone like him equals a FRP. Maybe the Bulls like the usual Hachimura package but I just don't see them accepting Vincent when he looks just like Jevon Carter, who only gets off the bench on occasion, but at twice the price.

I think the Spurs will have cap space, which means they can outright sign DDR if they want him.

DDR on the Spurs? That could never happen.... oh wait...
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,001

Post#956 » by MisterRoy » Tue Apr 9, 2024 1:16 pm

Muzbar wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:I wonder what Markkanen's value is, especially going into his last season. Would the jazz be willing to do Vuc and a couple of 2nds? It would probably take Vuc and at least a lotto protected 1st but idk if I'm willing to do that since we got rid of him in the first place. I'd imagine they'd get better offers. But, if we do manage to pull that off, it would be great to follow that up with signing Nic Claxton (or acquire a similar defensive center)

White
Lavine
Caruso
Markkanen
Claxton

The Jazz were looking for multiple FRPs for Lauri at the deadline, this is Danny Ainge you'd be dealing with, he won't change that stance.

The Lauri ship has sailed.

Just to add…AKME traded him away. Getting him back would be an admission of error and I don’t see them doing that at all. Ever.

Sent from somewhere you’ve never been.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,429

Post#957 » by JRoy » Tue Apr 9, 2024 3:54 pm

League Circles wrote:I'd really like to see us target these guys in trade this summer:

Ben Simmons
Chris Paul
Brook Lopez
Malcolm Brogdan
Clint Capela

I’d love to send Brogdon your way, but not interested in Lavine, DDR or Vooch. POR wants youth and picks.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#958 » by League Circles » Tue Apr 9, 2024 3:59 pm

JRoy wrote:

Ben Simmons
Chris Paul
Brook Lopez
Malcolm Brogdan
Clint Capela

I’d love to send Brogdon your way, but not interested in Lavine, DDR or Vooch. POR wants youth and picks.

Makes sense. One possible deal that I'm not sure the Bulls would even want to make would be Brogdan for Caruso, Jevon Carter and Dalen Terry, but it mostly defeats the purpose of the trade for us. Maybe Caruso, Terry and Vuc for Brogdan plus someone else you want to get rid of?
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,415

Post#959 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Apr 9, 2024 4:16 pm

I don't see why the Bulls would want Brogdon. He's old, oft-injured, and the Bulls already have a glut of guards.

The Bulls should be rebuilding, but if they're not going to, the player you'd want from Portland is Grant.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,429

Post#960 » by JRoy » Tue Apr 9, 2024 4:36 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:I don't see why the Bulls would want Brogdon. He's old, oft-injured, and the Bulls already have a glut of guards.

The Bulls should be rebuilding, but if they're not going to, the player you'd want from Portland is Grant.

I also have no problem moving Grant but still looking for the same kind of assets.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.

Return to Chicago Bulls