Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #10

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,090

Re: NBA Trade Thread #10 

Post#961 » by MrSparkle » Tue Apr 9, 2024 4:40 pm

Saying it again for good luck…

Draft night… Trade Vuc, Jevon to Charlotte for Bertans and #42

Sort the rest later.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,420

Post#962 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Apr 9, 2024 6:08 pm

JRoy wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:I don't see why the Bulls would want Brogdon. He's old, oft-injured, and the Bulls already have a glut of guards.

The Bulls should be rebuilding, but if they're not going to, the player you'd want from Portland is Grant.

I also have no problem moving Grant but still looking for the same kind of assets.

Yeah, I don't really see a deal, because there's no way the Bulls would send out any of their good youth (Coby, Ayo) in a Grant deal and Portland would need to take some pretty significant salary. Grant makes so much money that there really isn't a good way to get there without Portland taking LaVine or Vooch, or alternatively doing a S&T for DeRozan, and I doubt Portland has interest in any of that, unless they just want off of Grant's deal earlier and would eat the 2 remaining seasons of Vooch.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,434

Post#963 » by JRoy » Tue Apr 9, 2024 6:31 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
JRoy wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:I don't see why the Bulls would want Brogdon. He's old, oft-injured, and the Bulls already have a glut of guards.

The Bulls should be rebuilding, but if they're not going to, the player you'd want from Portland is Grant.

I also have no problem moving Grant but still looking for the same kind of assets.

Yeah, I don't really see a deal, because there's no way the Bulls would send out any of their good youth (Coby, Ayo) in a Grant deal and Portland would need to take some pretty significant salary. Grant makes so much money that there really isn't a good way to get there without Portland taking LaVine or Vooch, or alternatively doing a S&T for DeRozan, and I doubt Portland has interest in any of that, unless they just want off of Grant's deal earlier and would eat the 2 remaining seasons of Vooch.

POR would have to take some salary to move Grant but values him more than a salary dump so looks like there isn’t a deal there that works for both sides.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,664

Post#964 » by sco » Tue Apr 9, 2024 6:42 pm

JRoy wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:
JRoy wrote:

POR would have to take some salary to move Grant but values him more than a salary dump so looks like there isn’t a deal there that works for both sides.

Would you take Vuc and your 1st back and Phillips?
:clap:
JRoy
RealGM

Post#965 » by JRoy » Tue Apr 9, 2024 6:46 pm

sco wrote:
JRoy wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:

I might. I don’t value Grant as much as the FO does.
Edrees wrote:

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,420

Post#966 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Apr 9, 2024 7:06 pm

sco wrote:
JRoy wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:

This sort of thing makes sense to me. I don't really know what purpose Grant serves to Portland and their pick being in limbo year-after-year really limits their flexibility.

I agree w/JRoy that Portland wouldn't do a salary dump, but maybe this is incentive enough.

I don't think the Bulls should be doing this "competitive" plan, but if they are going to, they really need to address PF. I know Grant's more of a tweener at his size, but he'd stretch the floor effectively.
JRoy
RealGM

Post#967 » by JRoy » Tue Apr 9, 2024 7:15 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
sco wrote:
JRoy wrote:

This sort of thing makes sense to me. I don't really know what purpose Grant serves to Portland and their pick being in limbo year-after-year really limits their flexibility.

I agree w/JRoy that Portland wouldn't do a salary dump, but maybe this is incentive enough.

I don't think the Bulls should be doing this "competitive" plan, but if they are going to, they really need to address PF. I know Grant's more of a tweener at his size, but he'd stretch the floor effectively.

Agreed on all counts. CHI needs to commit to a rebuild.

Come on in, the tank is fine.
Edrees wrote:

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,259

Post#968 » by Dan Z » Tue Apr 9, 2024 9:06 pm

MisterRoy wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:I wonder what Markkanen's value is, especially going into his last season. Would the jazz be willing to do Vuc and a couple of 2nds? It would probably take Vuc and at least a lotto protected 1st but idk if I'm willing to do that since we got rid of him in the first place. I'd imagine they'd get better offers. But, if we do manage to pull that off, it would be great to follow that up with signing Nic Claxton (or acquire a similar defensive center)

White
Lavine
Caruso
Markkanen
Claxton

that's a pretty good offensive/defensive mix

The Jazz were looking for multiple FRPs for Lauri at the deadline, this is Danny Ainge you'd be dealing with, he won't change that stance.

The Lauri ship has sailed.

Just to add…AKME traded him away. Getting him back would be an admission of error and I don’t see them doing that at all. Ever.

Sent from somewhere you’ve never been.

Lauri would be great, but I agree...I just don't see him coming back.

Also, the Bulls don't have the assets to get him. Maybe if they get lucky in the lottery, but would have to add more to that.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,273

Post#969 » by kodo » Tue Apr 9, 2024 11:29 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10116106-nba-rumors-trae-young-or-dejounte-murray-likely-to-be-traded-by-hawks-in-offseason

While the Atlanta Hawks are focused on trying to pass the Chicago Bulls for the No. 9 seed in the Eastern Conference to host a play-in tournament game, the future of their backcourt duo is uncertain.

According to NBA insider Marc Stein, the Hawks are "likely" to trade either Trae Young or Dejounte Murray this offseason.

There have been rumblings that either Young or Murray will be dealt during the offseason for months.

Stein reported in February that one person acquainted with Atlanta's dynamics said the team knows it has "to trade one or the other."
sco
RealGM

Post#970 » by sco » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:39 pm

kodo wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10116106-nba-rumors-trae-young-or-dejounte-murray-likely-to-be-traded-by-hawks-in-offseason

While the Atlanta Hawks are focused on trying to pass the Chicago Bulls for the No. 9 seed in the Eastern Conference to host a play-in tournament game, the future of their backcourt duo is uncertain.

According to NBA insider Marc Stein, the Hawks are "likely" to trade either Trae Young or Dejounte Murray this offseason.

There have been rumblings that either Young or Murray will be dealt during the offseason for months.

Stein reported in February that one person acquainted with Atlanta's dynamics said the team knows it has "to trade one or the other."

Lavine and our 1st for either.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Post#971 » by drosestruts » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:18 pm

JRoy wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:
sco wrote:Would you take Vuc and your 1st back and Phillips?

Fully commit to the rebuild and give us Brogdon, Grant, and Time Lord.
JRoy
RealGM

Post#972 » by JRoy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:20 pm

drosestruts wrote:
JRoy wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:

Fully commit to the rebuild and give us Brogdon, Grant, and Time Lord.

POR could do that. CHI doesn’t have the picks and prospects to get it done.
Edrees wrote:

patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,120

Post#973 » by patryk7754 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:15 pm

Assuming Billy is back.....
Vucevic and Jaden Springer to the Mavs
Daniel Gafford to the Celtics
Horford, Josh Green, and future protected 1st from Mavs to the Bulls

Donovan wants Vuc to play the Hroford role, might as well bring Horford in to play it.

next trade
Coby White and Clint Capela to the Lakers
Gabe Vincent, Rui Hachimura, Javon Carter and POR 1st to the Hawks
Murray to the Bulls

Resign Williams
Sign Jalen Smith away from the Pacers
Draft Yves Missi

Murray/Ayo (Lonzo)
Lavine/Green
Caruso/Williams
Smith/Williams
Horford/Missi
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,162

Post#974 » by League Circles » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:46 pm

Any chance we could send Vuc back to Orlando along with Caruso for Jonathan Isaac and one of Moritz Wagner, Joe Ingles or Cole Anthony?
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
sco
RealGM

Post#975 » by sco » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:47 pm

League Circles wrote:Any chance we could send Vuc back to Orlando along with Caruso for Jonathan Isaac and one of Moritz Wagner, Joe Ingles or Cole Anthony?

Nobody likes Vuc less than me, but I'd rather just keep him and trade Caruso rather than taking that stuff back. Isaac fits nicely between Lavine and Ball...in terms of durability. :(
League Circles
RealGM

Post#976 » by League Circles » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:07 pm

sco wrote:
League Circles wrote:Any chance we could send Vuc back to Orlando along with Caruso for Jonathan Isaac and one of Moritz Wagner, Joe Ingles or Cole Anthony?

Nobody likes Vuc less than me, but I'd rather just keep him and trade Caruso rather than taking that stuff back. Isaac fits nicely between Lavine and Ball...in terms of durability. :(

There are big cap savings for us in this potential move. If it works out on the court that would just be a bonus, but it's not the primary reason for it. Issac expires after next season when Coby and Ayo are still cheap. Ingles and Wagner are on team options for the following season. Anthony has 2 guaranteed years left like Vuc but at a lower rate. Maybe I'd only do it for Isaac and either Wagner or Ingles.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,925

Post#977 » by ChettheJet » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:40 pm

I don't like all of this but if they have other deals to follow, maybe

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10116270-blockbuster-nba-trades-were-already-thinking-about

first would be trading DeRozan because he, Barnes and Vucevic is an OLD slow front line

I could live with Huerter not quite being the shooter that Lavine is, also not shooting as much, but making half as much for a year less. I don't much care for Harrison Barnes, not a good enough defender/scorer at the PF, not the mobile, running stretch SF. He'd be the guy to try and move.

Yeah Davion Mitchell is a defensive and passing PG, If the Bulls have White and Dosunmu, plus Huerter where are the minutes for Mitchell. He's also not that big and they sill have Jevon Carter and Dalen Terry. So I'd look to move him as well.

Would Vezenkov be so far ahead of Bitim, be better than Craig, he's a 28 year old rookie, now or never.
And man those picks are WAY in the future

Mostly the Bulls get off Lavine's contract and clouded injury history
sco
RealGM

Post#978 » by sco » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:44 pm

League Circles wrote:
sco wrote:

There are big cap savings for us in this potential move. If it works out on the court that would just be a bonus, but it's not the primary reason for it. Issac expires after next season when Coby and Ayo are still cheap. Ingles and Wagner are on team options for the following season. Anthony has 2 guaranteed years left like Vuc but at a lower rate. Maybe I'd only do it for Isaac and either Wagner or Ingles.

I see the value of the deal in a reboot, but other than that, cap space isn't likely to help much. We can probably get rid of Vuc for a lower "cost" after next season.
League Circles
RealGM

Post#979 » by League Circles » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:52 pm

sco wrote:
League Circles wrote:
sco wrote:Nobody likes Vuc less than me, but I'd rather just keep him and trade Caruso rather than taking that stuff back. Isaac fits nicely between Lavine and Ball...in terms of durability. :(

I see the value of the deal in a reboot, but other than that, cap space isn't likely to help much. We can probably get rid of Vuc for a lower "cost" after next season.

It's not a good solution to anything, but creating legit cap space in summer 2025 is probably the closest thing we have to a glimmer of hope for this franchise. Even moreso than a tank plan. But after summer 2025 the cap space window is probably gone because of Coby and Ayo needing new deals in summer 2026.

To further accommodate this plan, we could offer Demar a huge deal but only for 1+1 team option. And then still possibly still trade Zach, but maybe not.
Guru
Starter
And1: 218

Post#980 » by Guru » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:11 am

I would really like to see a Lavine trade for a Dorian Finney Smith and S&T Nick Claxton. I love Claxton's game.

Then you run it back with DDR at a reasonable price. If he doesn't take it you are completely fine as well. Would love Drummond back but ok without him and Claxton. If he's back than you just aggressively try to trade Vuc.

1 White-Carter-Ball
2 Caruso-Ayo-Terry-Green
3 DDR-Knecht/Tidjane/Matas-Craig-Bitim
4 Williams-Finney-Smith-Phillps
5 Claxton-Vuc-Sanogo

That team would be fun, and competitive and you would have the scaffolding for guys like White, Williams, Knecht/Tidjane/Matas to blow up.

Lavine probably is too scary with his injury for the Nets after Simmons but he actually would work really well with Simmons.

Return to Chicago Bulls