Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #10

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,658

Re: NBA Trade Thread #10 

Post#921 » by sco » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:56 pm

Dan Z wrote:
Donkedave wrote:
erlim wrote:Anybody think we could pull off these trades in the summer for youth and strength? I think this would be an excellent new big three!

Someone else thinks the lavine for Simmons trade is a thing!
https://www.si.com/nba/bulls/news/heres-a-trade-idea-that-could-allow-the-chicago-bulls-to-offload-zach-lavine-this-offseason

That trade on SI is Zach LaVine for Ben Simmons, a 2029 pick (Dallas unprotected) and two seconds.

If that's on the table I'd do it, but I'd want to tell Simmons to stay home until his contract expires. The problem is I'm not sure if they can do that and doubt ownership would sign off on it.

As for DDR for Poole...no thanks.

I do see the benefit of a Lavine salary dump, IF it is accompanied by a youth movement. We will need to also S&T Demar and, as suggested, use an asset to be rid of Vuc. That said, Poole and Ayton would be a multi-year tank move. That said, NFW AK does this as it will lead to his departure much faster than treadmilling and hoping for Ball and youth development.

The only move I could see is S&Ting Demar to get younger and use his hole to rebuild Zach's trade value.
:clap:
Donkedave
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#922 » by Donkedave » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:26 pm

Vuch for Poeltl? Found this one. Yay or nay? Or maybe third team to send Poeltl.

https://fansided.com/posts/nba-rumors-1-trade-for-every-bulls-player-on-chopping-block-01hny105bgj1/4
2024 draft Bulls select who?
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,085

Post#923 » by MrSparkle » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

I don’t know what AK has in store for his lux-tax evading summer, but it’s gonna be some low-hanging fruit.

I do know he won’t be trading for guys like Poole, Ayton and Simmons. Seems to have zero interest in bad apples. I can’t entirely blame him. About better off expiring our contracts or finding more of a cap dump.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,245

Post#924 » by Dan Z » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:01 pm

sco wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

That trade on SI is Zach LaVine for Ben Simmons, a 2029 pick (Dallas unprotected) and two seconds.

If that's on the table I'd do it, but I'd want to tell Simmons to stay home until his contract expires. The problem is I'm not sure if they can do that and doubt ownership would sign off on it.

I do see the benefit of a Lavine salary dump, IF it is accompanied by a youth movement. We will need to also S&T Demar and, as suggested, use an asset to be rid of Vuc. That said, Poole and Ayton would be a multi-year tank move. That said, NFW AK does this as it will lead to his departure much faster than treadmilling and hoping for Ball and youth development.

The only move I could see is S&Ting Demar to get younger and use his hole to rebuild Zach's trade value.

Zach's value isn't very high right now and if the team can move on and get an asset (those picks) then I think they should do it. It's not good if this drags out.

I'd be surprised if AK went with a youth movement, but I'd be okay with it if he did.

As for DDR what kind of sign and trade deal do you think he could get? I think at his age the offers wouldn't be very much (the trade part...some team will pay him a decent amount).
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#925 » by MrSparkle » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:10 pm

Dan Z wrote:
sco wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

Zach's value isn't very high right now and if the team can move on and get an asset (those picks) then I think they should do it. It's not good if this drags out.

I'd be surprised if AK went with a youth movement, but I'd be okay with it if he did.

As for DDR what kind of sign and trade deal do you think he could get? I think at his age the offers wouldn't be very much (the trade part...some team will pay him a decent amount).

This draft appears to be one of the worst since the Anthony Bennett days, so I could see them netting a non-lotto FRP, if the salaries add up (or TPE)… and a contract more in the $20-25m salary ballpark. Not sure which team, but unexpected things happen in off-seasons.

I just don’t necessarily see anything remotely interesting, as far as possibilities go. TPEs are cool for any team besides the Bulls. They won’t trade it for a Z-Bo or Randle, they’d rather let it expire for some cash cookies. Seeing this FO’s draft strategy is throwing darts at long-shot prospects. Perhaps they didn’t really take the draft seriously.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#926 » by Dan Z » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:30 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
sco wrote:I do see the benefit of a Lavine salary dump, IF it is accompanied by a youth movement. We will need to also S&T Demar and, as suggested, use an asset to be rid of Vuc. That said, Poole and Ayton would be a multi-year tank move. That said, NFW AK does this as it will lead to his departure much faster than treadmilling and hoping for Ball and youth development.

This draft appears to be one of the worst since the Anthony Bennett days, so I could see them netting a non-lotto FRP, if the salaries add up (or TPE)… and a contract more in the $20-25m salary ballpark. Not sure which team, but unexpected things happen in off-seasons.

I just don’t necessarily see anything remotely interesting, as far as possibilities go. TPEs are cool for any team besides the Bulls. They won’t trade it for a Z-Bo or Randle, they’d rather let it expire for some cash cookies. Seeing this FO’s draft strategy is throwing darts at long-shot prospects. Perhaps they didn’t really take the draft seriously.

I'd like to think that every front office takes the draft seriously, but with AK I have no idea (because he had no first round picks in 2021 and 2023 due to trades). This is a guy who said that he never wants to draft that high again (referring to the #4 pick in 2020).

In the 2nd round Ayo was a good pick. Marko was a bust. Julian Phillips...the jury's still out.

Dalen Terry I'm not that high on.

He did find an undrafted rotation player with Bitim.

I think the Bulls are more likely to re-sign DDR than trade him.
sco
RealGM

Post#927 » by sco » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 pm

Dan Z wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

I'd like to think that every front office takes the draft seriously, but with AK I have no idea (because he had no first round picks in 2021 and 2023 due to trades). This is a guy who said that he never wants to draft that high again (referring to the #4 pick in 2020).

In the 2nd round Ayo was a good pick. Marko was a bust. Julian Phillips...the jury's still out.

I agree, and without DDR, we aren't going to be a playoff team. He is so consistently good at what he does. That said, our best chance at success is addition through subtraction by replace Vuc. Honestly, just keeping and starting Drummond over Vuc would make a huge difference. I wonder if GS gets fed-up enough with Green to do a straight up deal for Vuc, his deal is longer and worse, but that's the sort of deal we'd need to do. I guess if Ball comes back, Caruso might be enough to add to rid us of Vuc for a serviceable player.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#928 » by Dan Z » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 pm

sco wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:

I agree, and without DDR, we aren't going to be a playoff team. He is so consistently good at what he does. That said, our best chance at success is addition through subtraction by replace Vuc. Honestly, just keeping and starting Drummond over Vuc would make a huge difference. I wonder if GS gets fed-up enough with Green to do a straight up deal for Vuc, his deal is longer and worse, but that's the sort of deal we'd need to do. I guess if Ball comes back, Caruso might be enough to add to rid us of Vuc for a serviceable player.

I'd have to think about it, but I bet there's a possible Vucevic trade that would bring back neutral value to the Bulls. The problem is that I think AK still looks at him as a "win now" piece.

As for Draymond I'd pass. Too many antics. Maybe I could be convinced if it meant moving Zach in the deal (more would have to be involved to match salary).
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,001

Post#929 » by MisterRoy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:57 am

Please don’t bring Green here. Let someone else pay a player to get ejected and suspended.

Sent from somewhere you’ve never been.
sco
RealGM

Post#930 » by sco » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:55 pm

I saw this deal posted somewhere (too lazy to find). What about:

Zach/Vuc/Por 1st

for

Green/Paul/Kuminga

IMO I see the deal as essentially Zach & Por 1st for Kuminga, plus ridding ourselves of Vuc. While I think we can get more for Zach if we give him through the deadline to show his value again, I'd probably do this. It would certainly shift the composition of our rotation in a good way. That said, I don't think GS will trade Kuminga in any deal, but he would be the exact right sort of guy to move forward with at PF (which would allow us to also make deals for Caruso and Demar).
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#931 » by MrSparkle » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:35 pm

Vuc for Bertans & multiple 2nd rounders
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,120

Post#932 » by patryk7754 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:31 pm

Trade:
Vucevic to the Wizards
Terry, Carter, and Bagley to Portland
Grant, Duop Reath, 2nd from Blazers via Hornets to the Bulls

Sign/Resign:
Nic Claxton
Damar (6th man)
Pat Williams (QO)

Draft:
RD1: Kyle Filipowski (don't know much about this years draft class, but offensively, he definitely looks really good and it looks like he can play the 4. Tankathon.com would have him drop to us if we are pick 11)

RD2: Tyler Kolek

White/Ayo/Kolek (Lonzo)
Lavine/Damar
Caruso/Williams/Criag
Grant/Filipowski/Philips
Claxton/Duop
sco
RealGM

Post#933 » by sco » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:35 pm

patryk7754 wrote:Trade:
Vucevic to the Wizards

Sign/Resign:
Nic Claxton
Damar (6th man)
Pat Williams (QO)

Draft:
RD1: Kyle Filipowski (don't know much about this years draft class, but offensively, he definitely looks really good and it looks like he can play the 4. Tankathon.com would have him drop to us if we are pick 11)

White/Ayo/Kolek (Lonzo)
Lavine/Damar
Caruso/Williams/Criag
Grant/Filipowski/Philips
Claxton/Duop

Somehow Vuc/Terry/Carter turn into Grant+? Clearly an April Fool's joke.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#934 » by patryk7754 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:37 pm

You can easily make the argument draymond green has the worst contract in the NBA. Trading Lavine's "bad" contract for him doesn't solve any issues
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#935 » by patryk7754 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:39 pm

sco wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:Trade:
Vucevic to the Wizards

Sign/Resign:
Nic Claxton
Damar (6th man)
Pat Williams (QO)

Draft:

White/Ayo/Kolek (Lonzo)
Lavine/Damar
Caruso/Williams/Criag
Grant/Filipowski/Philips
Claxton/Duop

Somehow Vuc/Terry/Carter turn into Grant+? Clearly an April Fool's joke.

Very thoughtful analysis. The obvious logic behind this trade is if the TB want to dump his salary which is very possible
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#936 » by patryk7754 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:50 pm

I don't fully understand this desire to just flat out dump Lavine (to the point of even bring in DRAYMOND GREEN). Yes, he's overpaid, but he's one of the best scorers in the NBA. He's one of the more efficient scorers as well, despite being a poor fit next to Damar and Vucevic.

If you can get a guy who adds salary relief and isn't too big of a downgrade, then yea, trade him, but dumping him for salary cap and not expecting picks is a terrible strategy now-a-days. Players don't move via FA anymore. They get traded.
sco
RealGM

Post#937 » by sco » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:07 pm

patryk7754 wrote:I don't fully understand this desire to just flat out dump Lavine (to the point of even bring in DRAYMOND GREEN). Yes, he's overpaid, but he's one of the best scorers in the NBA. He's one of the more efficient scorers as well, despite being a poor fit next to Damar and Vucevic.

If you can get a guy who adds salary relief and isn't too big of a downgrade, then yea, trade him, but dumping him for salary cap and not expecting picks is a terrible strategy now-a-days. Players don't move via FA anymore. They get traded.

I'm with you on this. I fear that AK will somehow fall into the sell Zach at any price camp at some point, but he has resisted. IMO, a Zach who can show he can play healthy the season up through the deadline next season would be worth at least a mid-1st and an expiring.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#938 » by patryk7754 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:21 pm

sco wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:I don't fully understand this desire to just flat out dump Lavine (to the point of even bring in DRAYMOND GREEN). Yes, he's overpaid, but he's one of the best scorers in the NBA. He's one of the more efficient scorers as well, despite being a poor fit next to Damar and Vucevic.

I'm with you on this. I fear that AK will somehow fall into the sell Zach at any price camp at some point, but he has resisted. IMO, a Zach who can show he can play healthy the season up through the deadline next season would be worth at least a mid-1st and an expiring.

Based on what was being said around the deadline, AK wants to trade Lavine but it doesn't seem like there's a good match out there for him. Most teams that would be interested in him would have to almost completely gut their roster, which would not be a good strategy for competing teams. And on the flip side, I don't think AK is willing to lose significant value on a Lavine trade. Theres no way the warriors wouldn't have traded Looney and CP3 for Lavine if that was an option.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,923

Post#939 » by ChettheJet » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:16 pm

With the unbelievable upside down way the Bulls are closing out the season you've got to be ready to do anything.

On the one hand there's a Bleacher Report article where some executives say that this is "the worst draft they have ever seen" and the two night draft leading to more dealing. I'm inclined to want the Bulls to rely on scouting and if they were to find 2-4 guys who aren't ready right now but could develop in year 2 or 3, take a deal that looks bad today and draft some potential that could show a payoff down the road.

Like Julian Phillips, he played a lot for Windy City, showed some flashes and court awareness when he got out there. Another off season of weights, working out in Chicago, summer league and training camp, maybe he's in the rotation.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10115227-nba-free-agents-2024-predictions-for-players-who-will-command-most-interest

He points out the obvious, DeRozan is the guy who helps a team close out games and in the playoffs. Somebody will give up assets to get that. I don't buy that the Bulls want to resign him and risk 2 or 3 more years of 4 games under .500 aiming for #9 again. Imagine resigning DeRozan, Lavine and Patrick come back healthy, Ayo finishes this year strong. Which 4 start? Zach, Coby Demar, Ayo, AC, PWill ? Let Demar go for early 2nd round picks and some young guys on rookie contracts who haven't panned out and maybe a year of G League makes them into something going into 2025 when the Bulls don't have a pick.

Now is also the time to look at moving Vucevic who isn't going to get any better or get a better attitude than he has now. If Caruso makes the all defensive team again, with his improved 3 point shooting, and an expiring contract, his value will never be higher.
ThreeMileAllan
Veteran
And1: 770

Post#940 » by ThreeMileAllan » Wed Apr 3, 2024 3:52 am

Wait it's a 2 night draft now?

Honestly they should make it 3 rounds and just make the G-League forced affiliates. O would legit watch more if I know they were drafted and can get called up. He'll, last Windu Coty game I went to had 4 future bulls

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!

Return to Chicago Bulls