Image ImageImage Image

Julian Phillips

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Re: Julian Phillips 

Post#21 » by R3AL1TY » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:54 pm

With playing time, he can be a clone of DJJ. But if he can develop into making high volume 3s or being a scorer, he'll become very higher in value.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,924

Post#22 » by ChettheJet » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:57 pm

The more he plays the more you see why they made the move to get him. I really wish they had Patrick and Craig healthy so he could just get about 8 minutes a game but his court awareness and smooth shooting motion makes me willing to pull the trigger on trades so he can be the backup 4. It might be rushing this year a bit but he could be helped with the time and I'm sick of seeing veterans who just keep falling into the 3 year old traps getting too any minutes.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,695

Post#23 » by GoBlue72391 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:48 pm

His jumpshot is much further along than Dalen's is, but as a rebounder, he seems to be in the same mold as Pat, which is to say not a very good one. Extremely small sample size, though.

He has a high motor and actually has the athleticism that Pat's biggest supporters convinced themselves that Pat has. He's an intriguing prospect for sure, and could turn out to be another 2nd round value pick that produces a solid role player like Ayo.

The DJJ comparisons are really accurate IMO. Both are skinny, lengthy, super athletic 3&D guys. Phillips probably has a higher ceiling than DJJ, though I don't see him ever becoming more than a good role player.

Phillips, Terry, and Pat all are vying for pretty much the same role, a big wing PF/SF 3&D type, so it'll be interesting to see which sink and which swim.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,660

Post#24 » by sco » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:11 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:His jumpshot is much further along than Dalen's is, but as a rebounder, he seems to be in the same mold as Pat, which is to say not a very good one. Extremely small sample size, though.

He has a high motor and actually has the athleticism that Pat's biggest supporters convinced themselves that Pat has. He's an intriguing prospect for sure, and could turn out to be another 2nd round value pick that produces a solid role player like Ayo.

The DJJ comparisons are really accurate IMO. Both are skinny, lengthy, super athletic 3&D guys. Phillips probably has a higher ceiling than DJJ, though I don't see him ever becoming more than a good role player.

Phillips, Terry, and Pat all are vying for pretty much the same role, a big wing PF/SF 3&D type, so it'll be interesting to see which sink and which swim.

I think you're right. IMO Phillips doesn't seem to be a good perimeter defender or ball handler. His 3pt shot seems ok, but not enough sample size to say he can get to league average with 4+ attempts per game. Despite his slight build, I think Phillips is a pure 4 for the points I mentioned (which is what I thought about for DJJ - who Billy played at C).
:clap:
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#25 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:08 pm

Phillips is a much better instinctual rebounder than Patrick, it's just that he isn't strong enough to hold position as yet.
Why so serious?
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,660

Post#26 » by sco » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:49 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:Phillips is a much better instinctual rebounder than Patrick, it's just that he isn't strong enough to hold position as yet.

You say instinctual rebounder, I say bad perimeter defender...Tomato/Tomato
:clap:

Return to Chicago Bulls