Image ImageImage Image

LaVine getting foot surgery/Out for the season

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 750

Re: LaVine getting foot surgery/Out for the season 

Post#41 » by Charlesareed » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:44 pm

This is really bad now they’ll have a excuse as to why they didn’t make any trades when it’s obvious caurso demar Carter & drumm needs to be traded asap smh this franchise is so pathetic
Chicago Raised me
nekorajo
Bench Warmer
And1: 580

Post#42 » by nekorajo » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:48 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
nekorajo wrote:E Robbery 2.0. Screw him and Klutch.

I don't think this take is very accurate. He played 77 games last year.

I predicted this is what he would turn into. Going forward he is ERob to us. He can play, but won't. Stealing money.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,320

Post#43 » by kodo » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:50 pm

I wonder how long he's been needing surgery, wouldn't be surprised if the org knew this over the summer, then tried to trade him before surgery.

Now that they've decided to not trade him, they've decided to let Zach go ahead & get the surgery.

Nothing happened to lavine this season that would cause a surgery; this has been ongoing for a while.
nekorajo
Bench Warmer
And1: 580

Post#44 » by nekorajo » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:50 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
madvillian wrote:I don't want this to come off the wrong way but after reading he consulted with his agency: **** THIS GUY.

You're a loser Zach and you always will be. YOU PUT IN THE TRADE REQUEST AND NOW THAT IT ISN'T TO LA YOU'RE QUITTING ON THE TEAM! **** YOU.

Again. They are his representatives. Every player consults with his agents before a surgery.

Sure, when the surgery is optional.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,935

Post#45 » by ChettheJet » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:51 pm

I tend to believe the Bulls knew this was coming and that's why they haven't made any moves yet. Wait until the last day, see who is the most desperate and get what you can. The 3 year plan starts now.

I think you wave goodbye to DeRozan, Caruso and Carter, Vucevic if possible and start looking at next year.
Finish with Williams, White, Dosunmu, Drummond, Craig, Terry, Phillips, Taylor and some new guys. You hope for Lonzo, a healthy Zach and the draftee next year
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#46 » by weneeda2guard » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:51 pm

I mean, you just gotta love being a bulls fan!!!

Smh
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,364

Post#47 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:57 pm

Wait a minute. So this has nothing to do with his rolled ankle. This was the foot that already healed?

This has Klutch written all over it.

Come on Zach. The dude has been a model professional his whole career. But ever since Klutch got their stinking fingers on him, he has been a Stepford wife for Klutch.
The Cult of Personality
burlydee
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#48 » by burlydee » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:57 pm

ChettheJet wrote:I tend to believe the Bulls knew this was coming and that's why they haven't made any moves yet. Wait until the last day, see who is the most desperate and get what you can. The 3 year plan starts now.

I think you wave goodbye to DeRozan, Caruso and Carter, Vucevic if possible and start looking at next year.
Finish with Williams, White, Dosunmu, Drummond, Craig, Terry, Phillips, Taylor and some new guys. You hope for Lonzo, a healthy Zach and the draftee next year

This is what they should do. Trade everyone now. No doubt they'll do the opposite. Honestly not sure how much more my Fandom can take. I've been out on the team before. I can be out again.
ChiTownHero1992
Veteran
And1: 1,545

Post#49 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:59 pm

Unless the Detroit trade rumors were true my guess is they had 0 chances to trade him and now just want to tank so that AKME can claim we still haven't had a healthy team to work with yet and save their jobs for another year of mediocrity

aguifs wrote:Kevin Martin 2.0. Total bum!

I've said that for 7 years and not a single person here believed me until the last 6-12 months
dawhizz
Rookie
And1: 382

Post#50 » by dawhizz » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:00 pm

Don’t worry guys, when we get Zach and Lonzo back healthy next year, and get that inevitable extension done with Demar, we’ll be right back to contending.
"I'd go with Tyrus Thomas at small forward." - Sam Smith
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#51 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:01 pm

You know what, well this doesnt change anything. This is still Coby's team now. Let him fully develop into La Flama Blanca
The Cult of Personality
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,016

Post#52 » by Wingy » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:02 pm

sco wrote:I'll be optimistic that the surgery is successful and he comes back healthy!

That’s all we can hope for at this point. Injury history, impending recovery plus contract make him immovable.

Reinsdorfs and ownership have doomed us to The Curse of The GOAT. I’ll be surprised if I see another Bulls title again.

Jay Williams, Rose, Lonzo, Lavine.

Players moving on to star elsewhere in Jimmy and Lauri.

So many bad - coaches, front office personnel, training staff, decisions.
GarPax. AKME.

The Bathtub Ring of Shame.

The Curse of The GOAT is real.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,285

Post#53 » by Dan Z » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:02 pm

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:Unless the Detroit trade rumors were true my guess is they had 0 chances to trade him and now just want to tank so that AKME can claim we still haven't had a healthy team to work with yet and save their jobs for another year of mediocrity

I'd be surprised if they tanked. My guess is they'll re-sign DDR and then use Zach's injury as an excuse as to why the season didn't turn out the way they had hoped.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,285

Post#54 » by Dan Z » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:04 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:You know what, well this doesnt change anything. This is still Coby's team now. Let him fully develop into La Flama Blanca

What it does is give the front office an excuse as to why the season doesn't turn out the way they had hopped.

They should field offers for DDR and if there's a decent out out there then take it. Maybe Caruso too. Vucevic if there's a deal to me made. Run with the young players to end the season and go from there.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,525

Post#55 » by fleet » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:04 pm

Dominator83 wrote:Should have traded him a year ago

Nobody warned the Bulls against signing him! For years, nobody mentioned it! Who could have foreseen any of this?
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#56 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:07 pm

Read on Twitter
The Cult of Personality
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#57 » by FriedRise » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:10 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
Bulliever2020 wrote:Can't imagine any team even offering salary relief without seeing him play again for an extended period of time at a high level with that amount of money and years left on his contract, especially with his injury history.

Pretty much.

6-8mo will put us in October - so at or around training camp. He's gonna need some ramp-up time before he can regain his form. At the earliest, we're talking next year's trade deadline and that's if there's no setback and he can somehow play up to his normal levels.

Realistically, I think they'll have to do this in summer 2025 if they want to get actual value and not a salary dump.

They're saying 4-6 months.

Whoops, had the numbers "6-8" in my head for some reason. So he'll have a month or so before training camp starts.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,525

Post#58 » by fleet » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:10 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
PistolP wrote:Pretty much no excuse not to blow it up now

I had the opposite reaction. They'll absolutely use this as an excuse to run it back.

AKME seem to feel as comfortable to go about their business, or non-business in this case as GarPax were. Or KenRick were for that matter. The hell does Michael Reinsdorf do all day in his office?
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,560

Post#59 » by Andi Obst » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:14 pm

There's no chance you can trade Zach, there's no chance you're improving the team in a meaningful way. DeRozan is expiring, Caruso's value is at an all-time high.

Not trading DeMar and Caruso within the next couple of days would be insanely dumb. The will never do it, of course, but still. Can't wait for the excuses after the season.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#60 » by LateNight » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:15 pm

ChettheJet wrote:I tend to believe the Bulls knew this was coming and that's why they haven't made any moves yet. Wait until the last day, see who is the most desperate and get what you can. The 3 year plan starts now.

I’m on board for trading everybody - not on board for playing Terry Taylor or hoping for Lonzo / Zach returning.

Maybe Lonzo, but I’m done with Zach

Return to Chicago Bulls