Image ImageImage Image

OT: Chicago Fire Soccer

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

TyrusRose2425
Head Coach
And1: 4,591

OT: Chicago Fire Soccer 

Post#1 » by TyrusRose2425 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:35 am

Saw there’s a thread for the other Chicago sports teams so why not one for the local soccer team? Team just added Hugo Cuypers and Kellyn Acosta this week and should be a serious team this season. I know there’s a lot of interest in soccer in general in Chicago so why not get more people into the local team?
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 967

Re: OT: Chicago Fire Soccer 

Post#2 » by ScrantonBulls » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:46 am

TyrusRose2425 wrote:Saw there’s a thread for the other Chicago sports teams so why not one for the local soccer team? Team just added Hugo Cuypers and Kellyn Acosta this week and should be a serious team this season. I know there’s a lot of interest in soccer in general in Chicago so why not get more people into the local team?

I don't know too much about the sport. Is Miami the favorite with all the old European stars they signed? Messi has some left in the tank. Not sure about that other crazy guy.

It's always stunning to me how often soccer players are expected to play for their country. The teams they are signed with must hate that. Hell, I would hate it if it was that way with the NBA. So much injury risk and mileage just because you're expected to play for your country.
TyrusRose2425
Head Coach
And1: 4,591

Re: OT: Chicago Fire Soccer 

Post#3 » by TyrusRose2425 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:50 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:
TyrusRose2425 wrote:Saw there’s a thread for the other Chicago sports teams so why not one for the local soccer team? Team just added Hugo Cuypers and Kellyn Acosta this week and should be a serious team this season. I know there’s a lot of interest in soccer in general in Chicago so why not get more people into the local team?

I don't know too much about the sport. Is Miami the favorite with all the old European stars they signed? Messi has some left in the tank. Not sure about that other crazy guy.

It's always stunning to me how often soccer players are expected to play for their country. The teams they are signed with must hate that. Hell, I would hate it if it was that way with the NBA. So much injury risk and mileage just because you're expected to play for your country.

Miami will be the favorites for sure, as long as Messi is there. Suarez proved in the Brazilian league last season that he too still has a lot of skill. The big question mark on him is when does his body fall apart? This season? Next? For now he still can play.

With that said, Miami’s season is off to a horrible start. Their entire marketing preseason has gone horrible. From El Salvador to Saudi Arabia, to Hong Kong, and finally Japan, they’ve covered a ton of air miles before the season even got started. They have already lost a couple of players to serious injury and all that stress can’t be good on their older star players.

Return to Chicago Bulls