Image ImageImage Image

Patrick Williams next deal discussion with poll

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

How much do you think PWill averages over his next deal?

$20M+
1%
$15M - $20M
30%
$12M - $15M (MLE is $12.3M, QO is $12.9M)
44%
Less than $12M
25%

Total votes: 80

TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,884

Re: Patrick Williams next deal discussion with poll 

Post#181 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:14 pm

6'8" guys who can play small forward, hit a 3, and defend the position are valued for a reason.

But Williams just such a lame version of that archetype. He seems like a bad culture guy too with his motor.
greenl
Starter
And1: 1,520

Re: Patrick Williams next deal discussion with poll 

Post#182 » by greenl » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:
coldfish wrote:
greenl wrote:I'd be fine if they moved on from Pat. His presence doesn't have a material impact on the outcome of most games he plays in. He's the archetypal "just a guy".

On one hand, he had a few nice games this year and showed flashes of having more skills than he has shown. OTOH, he has been injured a lot and disappears frequently. He might be a classic case of "fool's gold".

IMO, the Bulls really don't want to give him a contract that isn't movable. I think he is worth a flyer at slightly more than the MLE but no way would I tie up 4/100 with him. If he walks, he walks. The Bulls have a hard cap at the LT barrier. They can't use up significant portions on that for players who aren't contributing if they want to win.

Pretty much every player has a few games like that per season and it usually doesn't mean future sustainable play at that level, it's usually just a flash in the pan. 80%+ of Pat's career to this point has been quiet and generally unimpactful.

If it's me I move on, preferably in the form of a trade.

Amen to this point. All mediocre players flash- that's what makes them mediocre- they can only flash occasionally. Being good to great means you're consistently good/great. Pat flashes- then disappears- then flashes- then disappears- the definition of average player. Calling Pat average might be a bit of a stretch.
"Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children." - Bill Hicks

Return to Chicago Bulls