Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2024 3.0

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,319

Re: Bears 2024 3.0 

Post#1961 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:57 pm

Which one of the free agent WRs wears a visor? That’s our answer
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,455

Post#1962 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:58 pm

HoopsterJones wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=20[/x]

Love this signing. Everett is so smooth

Depends on the contract, but I like this signing. Probably set at TE with Kmet.

I'd imagine they'll carry three and sign a blocking tight end as well. I'd be happy to see Marcedes Lewis back if he has another year left in him. He was effective last year and cheap.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,319

Post#1963 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:00 pm

Bowers off the table at this point.

Chargers fans are pretty pissed about losing Everett. Very hard runner.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,121

Post#1964 » by patryk7754 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:01 pm

I blieve only 6 WRs (not including those who were tagged) have signed or resigned. Maybe the WR market is going down a little with how deep the draft is. Hollywood Brown and Calvin Ridley are probably the best WRs available. Looks like they might be available for relatively cheap. If we can get Ridley for 15m, I'm jumping on that quick
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,915

Post#1965 » by nomorezorro » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:06 pm

ridley is sadly supposedly down to picking between the pats and jags.

i honestly dunno that we need to spend a ton on a WR at this point, if the plan is to run a bunch of 12/13 personnel. i know it's risky to bank on an immediate contributor being available in the draft, but if there's any year to do so...
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#1966 » by patryk7754 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:09 pm

nomorezorro wrote:ridley is sadly supposedly down to picking between the pats and jags.

i honestly dunno that we need to spend a ton on a WR at this point, if the plan is to run a bunch of 12/13 personnel. i know it's risky to bank on an immediate contributor being available in the draft, but if there's any year to do so...

Unless its for cheap, I don't see him returning to the Jags because they'd have to send a 2nd to the Falcons (I think). But if we are out on Ridley, I wouldn't mind having Hollywood Brown to a Gabe Davis type deal as WR3 behind Moore and one of the top WRs the draft

Moore/Rookie/Brown/Kmet/Everett/Swift......that's pretty nice
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,697

Post#1967 » by nitetrain8603 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:13 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
nomorezorro wrote:ridley is sadly supposedly down to picking between the pats and jags.

Unless its for cheap, I don't see him returning to the Jags because they'd have to send a 2nd to the Falcons (I think). But if we are out on Ridley, I wouldn't mind having Hollywood Brown to a Gabe Davis type deal as WR3 behind Moore and one of the top WRs the draft

I think Hollywood is redundant with DJ Moore and frankly, I think DJ Moore is just a better player overall.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#1968 » by patryk7754 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:13 pm

Van Jefferson would be great to bring in as a WR4 as well. He'll probably get close to the minium.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#1969 » by patryk7754 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:15 pm

nitetrain8603 wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:

I think Hollywood is redundant with DJ Moore and frankly, I think DJ Moore is just a better player overall.

I see what you mean, but I think having them on the opposite sides of the field with one of the big body WRs from the draft would leave a lot of the opposing defenses scrambling. I don't think it was our best option, but I think it might be one of them going forward
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,920

Post#1970 » by biggestbullsfan » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:23 pm

Read on Twitter
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#1971 » by heir_jordan22 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:29 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
nitetrain8603 wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:Unless its for cheap, I don't see him returning to the Jags because they'd have to send a 2nd to the Falcons (I think). But if we are out on Ridley, I wouldn't mind having Hollywood Brown to a Gabe Davis type deal as WR3 behind Moore and one of the top WRs the draft

I see what you mean, but I think having them on the opposite sides of the field with one of the big body WRs from the draft would leave a lot of the opposing defenses scrambling. I don't think it was our best option, but I think it might be one of them going forward

Boyd, Samuel, and potenially Chark are also good options if Poles plans to draft a receiver early.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,520

Post#1972 » by fleet » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:33 pm

Bulls69 wrote:
fleet wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:.

So if I understand correctly, you believe the Bears want to keep Justin, but refuse to say that they're going to keep him?

That’s what it boils down to. If Fields was Poles’ quarterback, he would say so, and save Justin all this drama. There’s no strategic payoff that is believable. Last season being exhibit A.

I disagree Poles was doing his due diligence in which he said before the start of free agency.

That’s only possible if you buy that the decision was about Caleb Williams. If the Bears have made their decision based on whether or not they want to stay with Fields or move on, due diligence doesn’t mean anything. Not with respect to whether or not they can call Fields their quarterback going forward. That’s independent. The Bears could announce that Fields is the quarterback, and we move on to the trade of the pick. The idea is, the Bears are taking a quarterback #1. Due diligence only matter with regard to which quarterback they will choose. It isn’t balanced against the Fields decision.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach

Post#1973 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:33 pm

Ian Rappaport on NFL Network just now said that the fact that the Bears haven't traded Fields yet "doesn't mean anything" regarding their plan for Fields and that the reason they are sitting back at this point is they have to finish their evaluation of Williams and the other potential QB draft picks before shopping Fields aggressively. He suggested a trade might be more likely in the days leading up to the draft. Rappaport said he believes the Bears will be drafting a QB at 1.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#1974 » by patryk7754 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:38 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:Ian Rappaport on NFL Network just now said that the fact that the Bears haven't traded Fields yet "doesn't mean anything" regarding their plan for Fields and that the reason they are sitting back at this point is they have to finish their evaluation of Williams and the other potential QB draft picks before shopping Fields aggressively. He suggested a trade might be more likely in the days leading up to the draft. Rappaport said he believes the Bears will be drafting a QB at 1.

so basically confirming what Poles has said since the end of the season. He'll leave no stone unturned and he'll take it up to April if need be
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,522

Post#1975 » by panthermark » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:39 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:Ian Rappaport on NFL Network just now said that the fact that the Bears haven't traded Fields yet "doesn't mean anything" regarding their plan for Fields and that the reason they are sitting back at this point is they have to finish their evaluation of Williams and the other potential QB draft picks before shopping Fields aggressively. He suggested a trade might be more likely in the days leading up to the draft. Rappaport said he believes the Bears will be drafting a QB at 1.

That makes sense.

Bears need a medical on CW.
Bears need top 30 visits on all the top QB's (and prospects).
As Poles stated, he is going to turn over every stone, and this can go to April.

Other teams signing QB's (and not waiting on the Bears) means nothing. NFL life still goes on, and whatever happens happens.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#1976 » by heir_jordan22 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:45 pm

fleet wrote:
Bulls69 wrote:
fleet wrote:That’s what it boils down to. If Fields was Poles’ quarterback, he would say so, and save Justin all this drama. There’s no strategic payoff that is believable. Last season being exhibit A.

I disagree Poles was doing his due diligence in which he said before the start of free agency.

That’s only possible if you buy that the decision was about Caleb Williams. If the Bears have made their decision based on whether or not they want to stay with Fields or move on, due diligence doesn’t mean anything. Not with respect to whether or not they can call Fields their quarterback going forward. That’s independent. The Bears could announce that Fields is the quarterback, and we move on to the trade of the pick. The idea is, the Bears are taking a quarterback #1. Due diligence only matter with regard to which quarterback they will choose. It isn’t balanced against the Fields decision.

If I recall correctly, Poles has said that he loves Fields, but they are in a unique situation and he has to evaluate all options, and that for him to draft a QB they would have to blow him away. Which sounds like, "if we didn't have the Panthers' pick then we'd be confident rolling with Justin, but we have the #1 pick so i have to figure out if one of these prospects is a can't miss prospect or if i can trade the pick like I did last year."

So, if you want to believe the words that come out of the man's mouth, the decision is based completely on whether he thinks Williams truly is a can't-miss player. If you want to believe the 200 random conflicting reports that change on a daily basis, then you can believe whatever you prefer.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,920

Post#1977 » by biggestbullsfan » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:46 pm

Read on Twitter
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#1978 » by heir_jordan22 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:46 pm

panthermark wrote:

That makes sense.

As Poles stated, he is going to turn over every stone, and this can go to April.

Other teams signing QB's (and not waiting on the Bears) means nothing. NFL life still goes on, and whatever happens happens.

Yup, completely reasonable. Which is why it kinda sucked theh couldn't meet with Williams before free agency, especially without getting the medical report at the combine.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,915

Post#1979 » by nomorezorro » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:50 pm

Read on Twitter
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach

Post#1980 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:52 pm

panthermark wrote:

That makes sense.

Yeah, the impression I walked away with is that the Bears plan to complete all their evaluations before making any big decisions (presumably unless they get an offer they think is so good that they just need to take it).

Return to Chicago Bulls