Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Kings - 9pm. Bulls West Coast Roadtrip

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,554

Re: Bulls @ Kings - 9pm. Bulls West Coast Roadtrip 

Post#101 » by PaKii94 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 11:50 pm

kodo wrote:
I would suggest that we address the opposite issue: Why on earth do the Bulls start their games so poorly? THAT is the problem that needs solving.

1Q FGA:
#1 Vuc
#2 Derozan
#3 White

4Q / Clutch FGA:
#1 Demar
#2 White
#3 Vuc

1Q TS%
Coby: 54%
Ayo: 61%

4Q TS%
Coby: 66%
Ayo: 68%
(Tatum/Brown duo are 56%/53% in the 4th)

What is Vuc's TS? :nonono: :cry:
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,234

Post#102 » by HomoSapien » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:11 am

DeRozan deserves more love. He was phenomenal in the 4th.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,440

Post#103 » by Muzbar » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:26 am

Mbrahv0528 wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
kodo wrote:
Nice recap for those of us who missed this late one.

Why was Sabonis not playing? Did he foul out? Lyles was terrible at center. Couldn't guard Derozan. Couldn't defend the rim against Coby. Couldn't secure a defensive rebound that would have given Sac a good shot to tie/win the game with 15 seconds.

Sabonis fouled out with 4 min left in the 4th I believe.Bulls were fortunate that happened or else game could have ended differently.
Ok? And if my Aunt had a...nvm. We won a game we should not have, why can we not be happy with that?

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app

Who's not happy with it?
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,592

Post#104 » by Ccwatercraft » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:50 am

Ice Man wrote:
Andi Obst wrote:Bulls offense per quarter:

Q1: 107.7 (rank 26)
Q2: 110.6 (24)
Q3: 114.4 (23)
Q4: 120.6 (2)

Bulls have played the most clutch minutes of all teams in the league. Their NetRTG in the clutch is +22.6. They have played 35 clutch games and are 20-15 in those games.

Kings of the fourth.

Yet narrative all year on this board has been that Billy Donovan is a terrible 4th quarter tactician and DeMar is overly selfish down the stretch. Go figure.

You do have a point... it's true
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,592

Post#105 » by Ccwatercraft » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:04 am

drosestruts wrote:Another fun win!

Ayo started off the game looking great. Also hit a big 3 in the fourth right after coming back into the game - I feared he was maybe out too long, so was glad to see him come in and immediatley knock down a big three.

I'd also like to point out that, much like our sadly injured Patrick Williams last year, Keegan Murray is currently rated as the top iso defender in the entire NBA. Or rather he was before that 4th quarter by DeMar and White. The comeback was impressive for many reasons - but this guy is the top iso defender in the league and both these guys scored on him multiple times in the clutch.

Re-watching the last 5 minutes. Right when we tied it at 109 Lyles on the following possesion had 2 wide open 3-pointers and just froze in the moment, didn't pull the trigger on either then tried to drive and turn in over. So happy Sabonis had fouled out.

scoring wasn't there from our bench but I thought Phillips, Bitim, and Drummond all gave good minutes.

Unclear what it is Vuc provides at this point

I love DeMar. I can see he's old, and I can see your charts that show players can experience quick drop offs at any point at his age and beyond, but I see what he does on the court, I see his leadership off the court, I see he's a hard worker, and I'm just left believing he's one of the anomalies , one of the players that will continue playing at a high-level at an older age. I would be ecstatic to see the Bulls extend him, similar to how Olynk just signed an extension with the Raptors yesterday.

And my last shout out - again DeMar. Hitting two free throws when we're up two with under 5 seconds to play is hard.

Nothing much notable from other scores around the league. Nets lost again putting us 5 games ahead of them.

Not that our schedule is easy but the Pacers next 5 is against Dallas, Minnesota, Orlando, OKC, and us and they're currenly 5ish games ahead of us for the 8th seed.

Miami plays Detroit and Washington 4 times in their next 7 so they're not gonna slip. Orlando has an easy next 5 too.

I keep waiting for Philly to freefall in the standings and it's just not happening.

I think both NY and Philly are quite vulnerable... but the clock is ticking and we cant seem to pull off a hot stretch to bridge the gap. Next 5-6 games will likely settle the questions, and we do play each of them 3x before the season ends and they play each other twice next week iirc.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,382

Post#106 » by pipfan » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:48 am

This team keeps me attached. It's a "lost season" but at least they are fun to watch. GREAT effort tonight
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 749

Post#107 » by Charlesareed » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:52 am

Thing are about to pick up the 7-10 in the east and west are going to be a dog fight and I door like the bulls chances against Philly nyk Miami Orlando or Indy in the play in

In the west 7-10 lakers Dallas gsw Sacramento that’s tuff and suns are in and out the 7-8 spots

They west playoffs will be a blood bath while the east is a cakewalk per usual
Chicago Raised me
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,319

Post#108 » by Mbrahv0528 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 5:28 pm

Muzbar wrote:
Mbrahv0528 wrote:
Red8911 wrote:Sabonis fouled out with 4 min left in the 4th I believe.Bulls were fortunate that happened or else game could have ended differently.
Ok? And if my Aunt had a...nvm. We won a game we should not have, why can we not be happy with that?

Who's not happy with it?
The person I was responding to posts overwhelmingly negative messages when we win for some reason. It's quite strange.

Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,440

Post#109 » by Muzbar » Wed Mar 6, 2024 10:16 pm

Mbrahv0528 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
Mbrahv0528 wrote:Ok? And if my Aunt had a...nvm. We won a game we should not have, why can we not be happy with that?

Who's not happy with it?
The person I was responding to posts overwhelmingly negative messages when we win for some reason. It's quite strange.

I don't see what was overwhelmingly negative about their post.

If Sabonis doesn't foul out, the outcome could have been very different. It was definitely fortunate for the Bulls that he did because Lyles got cooked constantly down the stretch.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,319

Post#110 » by Mbrahv0528 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 3:31 am

Muzbar wrote:
Mbrahv0528 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Who's not happy with it?

I don't see what was overwhelmingly negative about their post.

If Sabonis doesn't foul out, the outcome could have been very different. It was definitely fortunate for the Bulls that he did because Lyles got cooked constantly down the stretch.
Um, but he didn't.. and we won, so it's irrelevant. Zero reason to play weird what if games when we can easily do the same in reverse and say if we had our entire team healthy, we blow them out. I'm sure a similar post will be made tonight after we win.

Return to Chicago Bulls