Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2024 4.0

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,622

Re: Bears 2024 4.0 

Post#1801 » by Betta Bulleavit » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 am

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:Quite a bit of buzz about how well JD did today.

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Really? The reports I’ve read have been fairly mixed. Of course, everything around the QBs is so agenda heavy that it’s hard to cut through it all, but the 2 minute “every throw” clip I saw was merely fine.

I’d be interested to hear why you think he excelled today, however.

Oh, I’m just going off of what was being said on ESPN and a few tweets that I read. So maybe I just missed the observations that were more critical.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,884

Post#1802 » by Dresden » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 am

In case there was any doubt:

"Eberflus’s comments on working on install with Williams is interesting, as that’s a process that’s usually reserved for when the team actually drafts the player. The term “install” is a term used for teaching a player the playbook and going over different looks, plays and formations.

The insight should be used to dispel any doubts on who the Bears will be taking at No. 1 next month. Williams will undoubtedly be sporting the navy blue and orange when the 2024 NFL season begins."
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,105

Post#1803 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 am

ThisGuyFawkes wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

I thought this was an interested tweet/thread. A break down of Caleb's infamous Notre Dame game. Check it out.

I wish I could but I haven't had Twitter in several years and apparently you need to log in to view it. :(

Ahhhh

This guy breaks down a great amount of his possessions, both good and bad but put most of the blame on Lincoln Riley. Shows Caleb’s mistakes but also how he made adjustments and played a much better 2nd half.

My take away from it is, we have a very special QB on our hands. It was literally him VS. Notre Dame. His fundamentals are outstanding.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,340

Post#1804 » by Kurt Heimlich » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 am

It's gonna be a slog these next 4 weeks getting through the random made up rumors from some dude who paid the 8 bucks for his twitter account blue check mark. Caleb is as done as it can be at this point. The 9th pick and the dozens of scenarios we can make up will be another story. Dallas Turner is my #1 preference (assuming Nabers and MHJ long gone top 6 picks) trading back for Latu/Verse/Murphy/BTJ is my #2 (also assuming Alt is gone by 7).
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,105

Post#1805 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 am

If I were to bet, I’d say Rome or Dallas will be the pick. Whichever one is left.

Chef Poles should take some of those 2025 picks and trade into this draft.
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#1806 » by HearshotKDS » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

I thought this was an interested tweet/thread. A break down of Caleb's infamous Notre Dame game. Check it out.

LOL wtf are their coaches doing for scramble drills. "turn around and look at the QB guys, watch a real baller!"? If you have a mobile QB and your WRs dont know what to do when they hit the sideline on a scramble you are doing a bad job of coaching them no exceptions.
JockItch43
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#1807 » by JockItch43 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 am

I don't really care about pro day workouts, and a guy missing a few throws or being a little off target isn't that big of a deal to me either. But what did raise an eyebrow from me was some of the late timing and lack of anticipation on Daniels throws during his workout. In a completely controlled environment with his own receivers, that shouldn't be happening.

Mindcrime
Sophomore
And1: 69

Post#1808 » by Mindcrime » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 am

Kurt Heimlich wrote:It's gonna be a slog these next 4 weeks getting through the random made up rumors from some dude who paid the 8 bucks for his twitter account blue check mark. Caleb is as done as it can be at this point. The 9th pick and the dozens of scenarios we can make up will be another story. Dallas Turner is my #1 preference (assuming Nabers and MHJ long gone top 6 picks) trading back for Latu/Verse/Murphy/BTJ is my #2 (also assuming Alt is gone by 7).

I think that's the case as well. If Alt and Turner are gone by #9 there would be a trade down with Murphy being the target.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,073

Post#1809 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=20[/x]
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach

Post#1810 » by Betta Bulleavit » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm

IliketheBullsNBearstoo wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=20[/x]

I agree with this 100%. People that are homophonic or that love to live and think like we are still in the 1950s will absolutely hate this type of stuff because it’s a harsh reminder of just how much things have changed over time.

It’s not Williams that they hate. They hate that they’ve been left behind and can’t catch up. They hate what Caleb represents. And this is coming from someone that has been critical of Caleb at times. But my criticism has nothing to do with what color he paints his nails or what color phone he chooses to carry.

Also, the guy in the video made an awesome point. Being you and being comfortable with who you are and how you go about your business is probably one of the biggest indicators of your ability to lead because doing that empowers others around you to want to be the best version of themselves. Consider me flipped.
JockItch43
Analyst

Post#1811 » by JockItch43 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20[/x]

I agree with this 100%. People that are homophonic or that love to live and think like we are still in the 1950s will absolutely hate this type of stuff because it’s a harsh reminder of just how much things have changed over time.

It’s not Williams that they hate. They hate that they’ve been left behind and can’t catch up. They hate what Caleb represents. And this is coming from someone that has been critical of Caleb at times. But my criticism has nothing to do with what color he paints his nails or what color phone he chooses to carry.

Also, the guy in the video made an awesome point. Being you and being comfortable with who you are and how you go about your business is probably one of the biggest indicators of your ability to lead because doing that empowers others around you to want to be the best version of themselves. Consider me flipped.

Came across this video yesterday. The hate and vitriol... not to mention the overt bigotry... absolutely absurd in this day and age. I believe our recent political landscape has empowered these folks to freely express what they've always felt. Never followed this guy, but he has over 300k followers. The backlash against this kid is ridiculous.

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,425

Post#1812 » by fleet » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

JockItch43 wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20[/x]

Came across this video yesterday. The hate and vitriol... not to mention the overt bigotry... absolutely absurd in this day and age. I believe our recent political landscape has empowered these folks to freely express what they've always felt. Never followed this guy, but he has over 300k followers. The backlash against this kid is ridiculous.

That guy is a tool in general
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
JockItch43
Analyst

Post#1813 » by JockItch43 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm

fleet wrote:
JockItch43 wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:I agree with this 100%. People that are homophonic or that love to live and think like we are still in the 1950s will absolutely hate this type of stuff because it’s a harsh reminder of just how much things have changed over time.

That guy is a tool in general

I can definitely tell. Got us talking... which I guess was the point.
JockItch43
Analyst

Post#1814 » by JockItch43 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

I'm pretty sure Caleb would love to play on the same team as Nabors.. and I'd love to have him on the squad as well regardless of how unlikely it is we have the opportunity to draft him. Part of me wishes we lost a game or two more :lol:

I'm not sure if they were friends before the combine, but they sure were talking and hanging out a bit at the combine. Caleb retweeted this.

Read on Twitter
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,763

Post#1815 » by Jeffster81 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20[/x]

That was a rant that was accurate and deserve a standing ovation.

Caleb Williams is a different cat, no doubt, but that is why he is going to succeed. These "twitter cavemen" better pull their panties from their butts because Caleb is going to "be the guy", one that his teammates are going to have his back.

These "twitter cavement" have just made me jumped on the TeamCalebWilliams bandwagon 110%. Screw the "twitter cavement". If any of them are actual Bears fans, those idiots can turned in their Bears fandom and find another team to root for.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach

Post#1816 » by Betta Bulleavit » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

JockItch43 wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20[/x]

Everything about this clip is repulsing. It basically screams bigotry in every flipping way and it’s pathetic. It’s not old guys screaming at the clouds. No, it’s I’m a bigot and there’s no more room left in the world for people like us. Screw them.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 589

Post#1817 » by Almost Retired » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

Poles has done a great job of improving the here and now while keeping an eye on the future. With Waldon's hire, the acquisition of Keenan Allen and Everett, and the additions of some veteran help on the O-Line it looks like Poles and Flus expect to contend this year, even with a rookie QB. The Bears will be facing Love twice a year. Goff twice a year. The Vikes might move up to draft a QB. We have to face the Rams with Stafford, the Texans with Stroud, the Colts with Richardson, the Jaguars with Lawrence, the Cardinals with Murray and perhaps Marvin Harrison Jr or Nabors, the 49ers with Purdy. Nothing holds back a QB more than pressure. You can have the best secondary in the league but good QBs will pick you apart if they have enough time. And it's ofter QB pressure that causes the interceptions the DBs get all the glory for. That being said I think the Bears best move would be to take Turner at #9 if he's available. If not a trade back to acquire at least another 3rd rounder and taking Verse. We have to have maximum pressure on opposing QBs. Another EDGE will make Sweat more effective and it elevates the entire D-Line. Caleb will have enough weapons this season. Poles kept control of the salary cap situation. If Keenan Allen is too expensive to keep we take the compensatory 4th round pick back and look for another FA WR next year. Or we use our 1st rounder next year on a WR. I see the argument for drafting Odunze and grooming him to be WR -2 next season. But he's a luxury pick the would make more sense if we were still building from the ground up. We are beyond that. To more effectively compete this upcoming season we need an effective EDGE to play opposite of Sweat. I think Verse or even Latu would be a big upgrade and will help us win more games sooner.
JockItch43
Analyst

Post#1818 » by JockItch43 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
JockItch43 wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:I agree with this 100%. People that are homophonic or that love to live and think like we are still in the 1950s will absolutely hate this type of stuff because it’s a harsh reminder of just how much things have changed over time.

Everything about this clip is repulsing. It basically screams bigotry in every flipping way and it’s pathetic. It’s not old guys screaming at the clouds. No, it’s I’m a bigot and there’s no more room left in the world for people like us. Screw them.

Problem is there is plenty of room left for these people. They've been empowered.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,884

Post#1819 » by Dresden » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm

Almost Retired wrote:Poles has done a great job of improving the here and now while keeping an eye on the future. With Waldon's hire, the acquisition of Keenan Allen and Everett, and the additions of some veteran help on the O-Line it looks like Poles and Flus expect to contend this year, even with a rookie QB. The Bears will be facing Love twice a year. Goff twice a year. The Vikes might move up to draft a QB. We have to face the Rams with Stafford, the Texans with Stroud, the Colts with Richardson, the Jaguars with Lawrence, the Cardinals with Murray and perhaps Marvin Harrison Jr or Nabors, the 49ers with Purdy. Nothing holds back a QB more than pressure. You can have the best secondary in the league but good QBs will pick you apart if they have enough time. And it's ofter QB pressure that causes the interceptions the DBs get all the glory for. That being said I think the Bears best move would be to take Turner at #9 if he's available. If not a trade back to acquire at least another 3rd rounder and taking Verse. We have to have maximum pressure on opposing QBs. Another EDGE will make Sweat more effective and it elevates the entire D-Line. Caleb will have enough weapons this season. Poles kept control of the salary cap situation. If Keenan Allen is too expensive to keep we take the compensatory 4th round pick back and look for another FA WR next year. Or we use our 1st rounder next year on a WR. I see the argument for drafting Odunze and grooming him to be WR -2 next season. But he's a luxury pick the would make more sense if we were still building from the ground up. We are beyond that. To more effectively compete this upcoming season we need an effective EDGE to play opposite of Sweat. I think Verse or even Latu would be a big upgrade and will help us win more games sooner.

That makes a lot of sense to me as well. Even a DT if they think there's one that's worthy of a FRP.. As long as they're comfortable with the O line. But it should be either DL or OL in the first round.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,609
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#1820 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

This is one of the reasons why I don't have any social media accounts. There's too much on there that makes me angry. I do check Bleacher Report sometimes and if I see a tweet that I want to share, I'll copy/paste it here.

I don't want to get too much into politics, since this forum is one of my last refuges from that, but man do I hope that we don't move backwards as a country.

Return to Chicago Bulls