Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2024 4.0

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,622

Re: Bears 2024 4.0 

Post#1821 » by Betta Bulleavit » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 pm

JockItch43 wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:
JockItch43 wrote:
Came across this video yesterday. The hate and vitriol... not to mention the overt bigotry... absolutely absurd in this day and age. I believe our recent political landscape has empowered these folks to freely express what they've always felt. Never followed this guy, but he has over 300k followers. The backlash against this kid is ridiculous.

Everything about this clip is repulsing. It basically screams bigotry in every flipping way and it’s pathetic. It’s not old guys screaming at the clouds. No, it’s I’m a bigot and there’s no more room left in the world for people like us. Screw them.

Problem is there is plenty of room left for these people. They've been empowered.

Agreed. Like you said, our political climate has enabled individuals to be more vocal in their thoughts. And at the end of the day, I was always taught this. There are three things that you cannot control when it comes to other people. You cannot control what they think, you cannot control what they feel and you cannot control what they say. What you can control is how you decide to associate yourself with certain people. And what is happening is that groups that feel this way (the bigot mindset) are finding out that their ideologies have become the minority and it’s too harsh of a reality for them to accept.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,111

Post#1822 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

Read on Twitter
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#1823 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm

Read on Twitter
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 592

Post#1824 » by Almost Retired » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm

ThisGuyFawkes wrote:This is one of the reasons why I don't have any social media accounts. There's too much on there that makes me angry. I do check Bleacher Report sometimes and if I see a tweet that I want to share, I'll copy/paste it here.

I don't want to get too much into politics, since this forum is one of my last refuges from that, but man do I hope that we don't move backwards as a country.

We've been going backwards for decades. No matter who is in nominal power. The politicians and the economic elites get ever richer, while we all see our standard of living dropping because we are losing out to inflation. Young people today have it far worse than I did at the same age. Huge student loan debt. Rents and housing prices out of control. They can't form families or buy houses like was once the case. This isn't a political observation. It's a statement of reality.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,614
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#1825 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm

Almost Retired wrote:
ThisGuyFawkes wrote:This is one of the reasons why I don't have any social media accounts. There's too much on there that makes me angry. I do check Bleacher Report sometimes and if I see a tweet that I want to share, I'll copy/paste it here.

I don't want to get too much into politics, since this forum is one of my last refuges from that, but man do I hope that we don't move backwards as a country.

We've been going backwards for decades. No matter who is in nominal power. The politicians and the economic elites get ever richer, while we all see our standard of living dropping because we are losing out to inflation. Young people today have it far worse than I did at the same age. Huge student loan debt. Rents and housing prices out of control. They can't form families or buy houses like was once the case. This isn't a political observation. It's a statement of reality.

So true, my friend.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,908

Post#1826 » by biggestbullsfan » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm

Read on Twitter

It feels like it would be so much fun working in this regime.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#1827 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 pm

^^^ that's an interesting way to decide.

“One team is going to talk about, ‘The tackle position is the best to go after’ [or] ‘the wide receiver’s the best’ [or] ‘the defensive end’s the best.’ — and use factual information to kinda spit that out,” Poles said. “And we’ll have a debate in terms of what’s more impactful for our football team, short-term and long-term.”

All three groups will have an argument.

“A lot of guys went back to school this year,” Poles said. “I think you’re going to see a significant drop off. … The way we’re set up in the draft this year actually pairs up really well with how I think it’s going to play out.”

Starting to think they may not move back @ all with statements like this

But I'd love to move down and add Verse + Thomas Jr.

No mention of the TE room in this article :cry:

I'll always love you Brock
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,889

Post#1828 » by Dresden » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

All they have to do is come here and they can get all the arguments they want.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#1829 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm

Read on Twitter
Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,599

Post#1830 » by Jimako10 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 pm

Uh oh, someone accidentally let the cat out of the bag.

Read on Twitter
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,614
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#1831 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 pm

If they're going to argue importance, it's probably going to be Edge or LT. Just depends on how they have them ranked individually and who is available at our pick. Ideally I'd like to trade down and draft Latu in the 20's while gaining a 2nd to spend on WR or LT. I also would be enamored with Latu and DT in 2nd round (maybe Maason Smith who NecessaryEvil mentioned earlier). I feel like Caleb has "enough" on the offensive side, but if we can make the d-line elite, then look out. Field possession and defensive turnovers are also super important for a young QB.

I also love a good defense so I'm perhaps a bit biased there. Should be fun to discuss no matter how it shakes out.
Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,599

Post#1832 » by Jimako10 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Unless they're thinking of trading up or down from 9, the answer is...whoever falls between Alt, Turner, and Odunze. Maybe they have a totally different board though, so who knows.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,519

Post#1833 » by panthermark » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 pm

I can see an argument for all three positions.
Let us assume Allen won't be back the following season. Does that bump WR up on the list?

Bears are sitting pretty. Even if they don't plan on taking an OT, the discussion forces other teams to worry about who might fall and what the Bears will do.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,429

Post#1834 » by fleet » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:^^^ that's an interesting way to decide.

“One team is going to talk about, ‘The tackle position is the best to go after’ [or] ‘the wide receiver’s the best’ [or] ‘the defensive end’s the best.’ — and use factual information to kinda spit that out,” Poles said. “And we’ll have a debate in terms of what’s more impactful for our football team, short-term and long-term.”

“A lot of guys went back to school this year,” Poles said. “I think you’re going to see a significant drop off. … The way we’re set up in the draft this year actually pairs up really well with how I think it’s going to play out.”

I don’t think they are moving back out of the blue chips range, put it that way. If you’re not expecting to be drafting in the top 10 for a long time, take your last swing at the top rated tier
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#1835 » by fleet » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 pm

Jimako10 wrote:Uh oh, someone accidentally let the cat out of the bag.

Read on Twitter

This is the thing. Once a quarterback needing team gets into a groove with a quarterback they think is exceptional, they aren’t trading back for a “haul” to compromise at the most important position on the field. The idea that gets spit out about “get a quarterback later, isn’t reality for NFL GMs. That is Madden ****. Nothing is worth not taking your guy as a GM. If a team needs a quarterback, they aren’t passing their guy up for anything. If Kelly knows the Commanders like Daniels, and the Bears like Caleb, he also knows there is nothing else to talk about. Kelly isn’t being told what the Commanders are thinking though. He had to be projecting.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,658

Post#1836 » by sco » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 pm

fleet wrote:

I don’t think they are moving back out of the blue chips range, put it that way. If you’re not expecting to be drafting in the top 10 for a long time, take your last swing at the top rated tier

I agree. I'm happy to hear this! It would seem logical to prioritize LT and Edge given the Allen pick-up, but I think the actual excerise will be ranking actual guys and not just the positional needs, and I'm sure Poles is anal enough to mock out trade down scenarios.
:clap:
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,120

Post#1837 » by patryk7754 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 pm

Saw a clip of Pat McAfee saying clyde christensen (former QB coach of Manning, Brady and Luck) called Drake Maye "luck 2.0" and thinks he's the best QB of the draft. He also wouldn't be surprised of the bears took Maye one. I couldn't find anything about this statement online.

I can kinda see it, athletically. Maye might even be faster..I don't see it but Christensen knows good QB play, probably
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#1838 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 pm

Read on Twitter
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#1839 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 pm

fleet wrote:

I'm all for Joe Alt at this point. Might be the best way to go. Dude is like 6"9 :o
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#1840 » by fleet » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 pm

patryk7754 wrote:Saw a clip of Pat McAfee saying clyde christensen (former QB coach of Manning, Brady and Luck) called Drake Maye "luck 2.0" and thinks he's the best QB of the draft. He also wouldn't be surprised of the bears took Maye one. I couldn't find anything about this statement online.

I can kinda see it, athletically. Maye might even be faster..I don't see it but Christensen knows good QB play, probably

He’s only 21. In most other drafts he would be the #1 pick. On top of a new system, Maye dealt with a lot of the same problems Caleb dealt with. One more year of coaching and experience, he would grow into more draft hype. As far as the Herbertesque hype, Maye came in smaller in every way after his Combine measurements. That’s maybe suggesting to pump the brakes.

Return to Chicago Bulls