Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2024 4.0

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,260

Re: Bears 2024 4.0 

Post#1781 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:58 pm

I don’t think 4.35 was anything mind blowing for Nabers. Mitchell was faster on an official time.

Someone comped him to Antonio Brown which I like. It’s the speed, but also the incredible agility that makes Nabers special. Stopping on a time and accelerating faster than everyone else.

I like BTJ, but he is a low floor, high ceiling player. 60% of his routes were fade routes. That’s insane. He’s a bigger, more athletic version of Jaylin Hyatt. Run straight, run fast, and out jump. The route tree isn’t there yet, but if it gets there, he’ll be special. Drafting him higher than the 20s IMO is a bit of a reach.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
El Ridda
Rookie
And1: 166

Post#1782 » by El Ridda » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:02 am

I’m not sure why Nabors pro day changes anything either way. Everyone knew he was fast and athletic. His 40 time and vert/broad confirmed that, but it’s not like he exceeded expectations today.
Cup of Cognac, Hidden Dime Sack.
JockItch43
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#1783 » by JockItch43 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 am

Damn, this is pretty gross :o

Read on Twitter
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,106

Post#1784 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 am

Read on Twitter
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,426

Post#1785 » by fleet » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 am

Nabors basically Jamar Chase numbers. Daniels’ hands smaller than Caleb’s, arms only 1/2 longer. Wingspan 1 inch more. Lighter. Taller though obviously. Other than head height, Caleb’s size not much of a disadvantage V Daniels. Maye, similar story V Caleb. Although Maye’s weight may make him more durable.

Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#1786 » by HearshotKDS » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 am

fleet wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

With Flus talking about blue chip prospects at 1 & 9, this rumor makes more sense. Somehow, I always had a feeling Odunze would be a Bear.

I'd rather add Brock and pick up a 2nd for Thomas Jr. though.

But, that's just me.

I like the idea of Thomas. I don’t know what makes him different from Kevin White as a prospect. Bybthat I mean, I don’t know. Not that I am accusing him of being Kevin White. With BT measurables, he isn’t mocked as high as one would think. Granted, he might though if the big 3 weren’t in this draft. But I want to know why he’s not supposed to be on that tier of player. But, even if not an alpha he is the type of 3rd X “type” receiver the team can use as a complement.

Hes noticeably more explosive than White, but perhaps an interesting way to look at it is: would a Kevin White without the bad injury luck be a bad player to grab? Of course we dont know that Thomas wont have bad injury luck too, but if you separate Kevin White the prospect from the result he got in the pros - the comparison isnt an insult.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,260

Post#1787 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:26 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

Brisker having a twitter account is bad for Brisker.

Almost all the money is invented in the defense right now. If only he…spent 5 minutes looking at that.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,885

Post#1788 » by Dresden » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hey Jaquan- you guys weren't near the bottom of the league in a lot of categories the way the offense was, so pipe down!
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#1789 » by fleet » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 am

Read on Twitter
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#1790 » by fleet » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:51 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

Brisker having a twitter account is bad for Brisker.

Almost all the money is invented in the defense right now. If only he…spent 5 minutes looking at that.

If I heard this correctly, even with Keenan Allen, the Bears still are only 24th in the NFL spending on offense.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,106

Post#1791 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 am

Read on Twitter

I thought this was an interested tweet/thread. A break down of Caleb's infamous Notre Dame game. Check it out.
Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,598

Post#1792 » by Jimako10 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 am

Damn those mock draft simulators are fun.

Here's my guess to how it plays out.

1) Caleb - Bears
2) Daniels - Commanders
3) JJ or Maye - Patriots
4) MHJ - Cardinals
5) JJ or Maye - Vikings (LAC #5/#69 for #11/#23)
6) Nabors - Giants
7) Alt - Titans
8) Turner or Odunze - Falcons
9) Turner or Odunze - Bears
10) Fuaga - Jets
11) Bowers - Chargers

I feel like no team is disappointed with this outcome.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#1793 » by fleet » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:45 am

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,019

Post#1794 » by Chi town » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

With Flus talking about blue chip prospects at 1 & 9, this rumor makes more sense. Somehow, I always had a feeling Odunze would be a Bear.

But, that's just me.

I’d be pleased with Odunze. Will be a pro’s pro. Also hedges our bets injuries to Allen or Moore.
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 656

Post#1795 » by boozapalooza » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:10 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

But, that's just me.

WR was the easy decision before Keenan. Now, I think OL is very much in play. If Alt somehow falls to 9 he has to be the pick. He would be a blue chip too. Wouldn’t be surprised if its Olu or Fuanga either. We could move our OL from good to great and we need that in order to truly elevate Caleb.

Whether its WR or OL, just hoping we go for a blue chip offensive player and keep building around Caleb.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,609
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#1796 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 am

Jimako10 wrote:Damn those mock draft simulators are fun.

1) Caleb - Bears
2) Daniels - Commanders
3) JJ or Maye - Patriots
4) MHJ - Cardinals
6) Nabors - Giants
7) Alt - Titans
10) Fuaga - Jets
11) Bowers - Chargers

Atlanta has already added like 4 or 5 receivers this off-season so I think Odunze definitely falls to us at #9.

There's so many options for us there, I was trying to think of a player that would disappoint me if Poles drafted them. There really isn't one.

A trade back would also be great so I feel like I'll be happy with almost any route we take. The only thing I would hate is a trade-up. There's too many talented players in the first 3 rounds of this draft to burn capital on a single player.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,609
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#1797 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

I thought this was an interested tweet/thread. A break down of Caleb's infamous Notre Dame game. Check it out.

I wish I could but I haven't had Twitter in several years and apparently you need to log in to view it. :(
Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,598

Post#1798 » by Jimako10 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 am

ThisGuyFawkes wrote:

1) Caleb - Bears
2) Daniels - Commanders
3) JJ or Maye - Patriots
4) MHJ - Cardinals
6) Nabors - Giants
7) Alt - Titans
10) Fuaga - Jets
11) Bowers - Chargers

Atlanta has already added like 4 or 5 receivers this off-season so I think Odunze definitely falls to us at #9.

There's so many options for us there, I was trying to think of a player that would disappoint me if Poles drafted them. There really isn't one.

A trade back would also be great so I feel like I'll be happy with almost any route we take. The only thing I would hate is a trade-up. There's too many talented players in the first 3 rounds of this draft to burn capital on a single player.
Yeah... Atlanta does seem destined to draft Turner, though you could make the same argument with the bears bringing in Allen, Everett, and Swift as pass catchers.

I'm torn between Odunze and trading back, just because Odunze does seem like the obvious BPA at that point, but not sure how much impact he'd have in an offense that will probably play a ton of 2 TE sets. This exact scenario happened in Seattle when they drafted JSN, who then proceeded to not have much of an impact due to him being the 3rd banana in Shane's offense. This leads me to believe that a trade back is probably more likely, just not sure what team would trade up for Odunze.
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,078
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#1799 » by Clint Eastwood » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 am

Jimako10 wrote:
ThisGuyFawkes wrote:

1) Caleb - Bears
2) Daniels - Commanders
3) JJ or Maye - Patriots
4) MHJ - Cardinals
6) Nabors - Giants
7) Alt - Titans
10) Fuaga - Jets
11) Bowers - Chargers

Yeah... Atlanta does seem destined to draft Turner, though you could make the same argument with the bears bringing in Allen, Everett, and Swift as pass catchers.

I'm torn between Odunze and trading back, just because Odunze does seem like the obvious BPA at that point, but not sure how much impact he'd have in an offense that will probably play a ton of 2 TE sets. This exact scenario happened in Seattle when they drafted JSN, who then proceeded to not have much of an impact due to him being the 3rd banana in Shane's offense. This leads me to believe that a trade back is probably more likely, just not sure what team would trade up for Odunze.

A rookie WR had 63 catches for over 600 yrds and 4 tds despite being third wr. I think that is a pretty big impact actually. Ill take that from Rome for sure especially as he transitions to the 2 or 1 in the coming years on a rookie deal. Plus I think he has special character, which this regime values. And he is a perfect compliment in terms of style and size to DJ long term, and to DJ and Keenan short term since he can play anywhere and run any route. And I suspect he will be an excellent blocker too.
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,622

Post#1800 » by Betta Bulleavit » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 am

fleet wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think this makes sense for him. Especially if he already has an idea of where he’s gonna get picked.

Return to Chicago Bulls