Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2024 4.0

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,919

Re: Bears 2024 4.0 

Post#41 » by biggestbullsfan » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:48 pm

Read on Twitter
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,455

Post#42 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:51 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

I dunno about this take. If it's just two years of guarantees, it seems fine to agree to a larger guarantee.

Kinda funny that it's literally just $1M of a $49M contract that isn't guaranteed. I'd love to know how that got negotiated.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,519

Post#43 » by fleet » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:04 pm

Texans are working on forming the exact team we wanted to form
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM

Post#44 » by biggestbullsfan » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:05 pm

At this point, if we decide to stay at 9, I’m assuming we either draft a WR that falls to us or draft the top Edge. One of the two should be available. I don’t see how neither are lol
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#45 » by heir_jordan22 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:09 pm

fleet wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:
fleet wrote:One might wonder if the small signings set the next big salary add on offense. Was hoping it would be on the top center in free agency. I don't know who else is on the board. But I wouldn't mind a scenario of bringing Tee Higgins over here. Then they can just draft Dallas Turner or whoever else edge and a lot has happened to set things up well. They have spent a ton of money on defense already.

Speaking of the Bulls, If Poles is keeping the cap flexible for a future splash, that's cool too. I imagine he was telling a lot of truth when he said he always wanted to stay cap healthy. The Bears don't have to max out the cap in 2024. And the top teams are most always built through the draft, not free agency. Folks talk about all the holes like it all has to be finished up this year.

Was Higgins tagged? I think we'd have to give up two first rounders but I'm not sure.

The 25-year-old was franchise-tagged by the Bengals after being unable to reach an agreement on a long-term deal this offseason and is now requesting a trade. The availability of the former first-round pick out of Clemson will surely draw interest from several teams around the league.....

Not only would a chance at trading for a receiver of Higgins' quality be enticing, but according to a new report from Bleacher Report's Jordan Schultz, the asking price of the Bengals may even make him a bargain.

"It's my understanding that it would take about a [second], maybe a [third-round pick], to get him," Schultz said in a recent interview on FS1's Speak. "So, if you're a Carolina or Tennessee, those are the two best fits for me if I'm trading for Tee Higgins. Not only do you have to trade a two or three, but then you have to pay him; that's a big ask, and that's why I don't believe Tee Higgins ultimately gets traded this year."

https://www.si.com/nfl/patriots/news/new-england-patriots-tee-higgins-cincinnati-bengals-trade-asking-price-revealed-worth-it-value

Definitely an interesting option if the Bengals are open to a trade. Comes down to the value of the receivers in this draft class on a rookie deal v Tee Higgins.
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,083
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#46 » by Clint Eastwood » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:13 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:At this point, if we decide to stay at 9, I’m assuming we either draft a WR that falls to us or draft the top Edge. One of the two should be available. I don’t see how neither are lol

If we take defense at 9, caleb williams will be a bust. We literally have one NFL receiver on the team. We need to sign 2 in free agency and draft one at 9. We need at a minimum to add boyd or samuel, and draft odunze or thomas. Or instead sign calvin ridley, but he’s going back to jags im certain.
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
biggestbullsfan
RealGM

Post#47 » by biggestbullsfan » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:16 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
biggestbullsfan
RealGM

Post#48 » by biggestbullsfan » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:17 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:At this point, if we decide to stay at 9, I’m assuming we either draft a WR that falls to us or draft the top Edge. One of the two should be available. I don’t see how neither are lol

If we take defense at 9, caleb williams will be a bust. We literally have one NFL receiver on the team. We need to sign 2 in free agency and draft one at 9. We need at a minimum to add boyd or samuel, and draft odunze or thomas. Or instead sign calvin ridley, but he’s going back to jags im certain.

We have other picks and this class is deep at WR. We can get some solid ones later on.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#49 » by fleet » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:36 pm

The Bears got C-Mo right into the action hands-on. :D
I am convinced for no particular reason the Bears are landing JPJ by any means necessary.
Read on Twitter
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,354

Post#50 » by Kurt Heimlich » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:38 pm

If 4 QB's go top 8 we're golden. One of MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, Alt, Turner will be there at #9. If McCarthy (or Maye?) fall to 9 and those top 5 are gone I gotta imagine you're playing the phones between Minny and Denver for that trade back for Verse/Latu/BTJ.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,354

Post#51 » by Kurt Heimlich » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:49 pm

fleet wrote:Texans are working on forming the exact team we wanted to form

Stroud is to Caleb as Anderson is to Turner as Mixon is to Swift as Tank Dell is to (3rd round 2024 WR stud pleaseeee). Mix in a little impact vet Edge (Sweat is to Hunter) and defensive minded head coaches and the similes are all over the place.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,522

Post#52 » by panthermark » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:51 pm

I am guessing Atl is going edge or Oline to protect Cousins.

I think a WR or Edge will be there. Will the Chargers now take Bowers or OL or trade down?
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
JockItch43
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#53 » by JockItch43 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:00 am

panthermark wrote:I am guessing Atl is going edge or Oline to protect Cousins.

I think a WR or Edge will be there. Will the Chargers now take Bowers or OL or trade down?

I wanted Bowers at 9 if one of Odunze or Nabers isn't there. Now with us signing a TE I doubt that happens... but good thing that same signing might further encourage the Chargers to draft Bowers which would help possibly push one of those receivers to us at 9.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#54 » by heir_jordan22 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:02 am

fleet wrote:The Bears got C-Mo right into the action hands-on. :D
I am convinced for no particular reason the Bears are landing JPJ by any means necessary.
Read on Twitter

I would love to get JPJ but i think we would have to trade down from 9 and he's probably going in the top 22. Multiple potential landong spots for him form 16-22.

We would have to sign a WR2 and a starting DE imo to warrant trading down from 9.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,591

Post#55 » by dice » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:07 am

if they get there it won't be because they signed hunter for 25 mil a year. sure beats giving the same money to sweat and throwing in a 2nd rounder, though (and maybe losing draft position #sweateffect)!
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM

Post#56 » by dice » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:13 am

heir_jordan22 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I would love to get JPJ but i think we would have to trade down from 9 and he's probably going in the top 22. Multiple potential landong spots for him form 16-22.

We would have to sign a WR2 and a starting DE imo to warrant trading down from 9.

unless there's a clear gap between EDGE 1 and 2/3 we should absolutely be trading down if no odunze

so watch poles trade down to like 13 and overdraft JPJ there. assuming a good RAS score, of course
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
El Ridda
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#57 » by El Ridda » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:15 am

dice wrote:

if they get there it won't be because they signed hunter for 25 mil a year. sure beats giving the same money to sweat and throwing in a 2nd rounder, though (and maybe losing draft position #sweateffect)!

Now do Brian Burns!
Cup of Cognac, Hidden Dime Sack.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#58 » by fleet » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:17 am

dice wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:
Read on Twitter

unless there's a clear gap between EDGE 1 and 2/3 we should absolutely be trading down if no odunze

so watch poles trade down to like 13 and overdraft JPJ there. assuming a good RAS score, of course

I don’t think JPJ is very athletic outside his immediate phone booth. It looks painful as he runs getting to second level blocks, pulling. He may not be the greatest scheme fit.
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,083
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#59 » by Clint Eastwood » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:22 am

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Clint Eastwood wrote:

We have other picks and this class is deep at WR. We can get some solid ones later on.

We don’t need solid ones later on. We need two new starters ready to play day one with Caleb.
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
dice
RealGM

Post#60 » by dice » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:26 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Hunter signed elsewhere on a reasonable contract.

Offseason so far

Retain HC with an abysmal record
Keep JF as of today
Big signing in FA is Deandre Swift
All major defensive lineman are gone in FA
Traded for a backup guard
Aging Safety
Depth signings.

What’s this grade thus far? C- ?

justin situation is easily the biggest stain. if poles actually was offered the pitt 2nd...whoooeee!

and if we passed on a reasonably priced proven starting C (spending similar money on a THIRD RB) only to end up w/ bates...

waiting on the WR situation...

hope mckinney doesn't end up giving caleb fits for the next 4 (6?) years too

Return to Chicago Bulls