Image ImageImage Image

Bulls vs Clippers 7pm CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Re: Bulls vs Clippers 7pm CT 

Post#41 » by Stratmaster » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:10 am

Free Drell! Lol

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#42 » by Stratmaster » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:11 am

I wonder how many wide open corner 3's the Clips got? And I mean WIDE open

League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,175

Post#43 » by League Circles » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:14 am

Disappointing, but we are missing 4 of our best 6 or 7 players
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,382

Post#44 » by pipfan » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:51 am

Didn't realize there was a game. Would have been a good night to sit DeRozan, it seems
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,682

Post#45 » by Ice Man » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:21 am

I rarely accept the excuse of schedule loss. But I do for last night's game. Although in fairness the Clips likely would have won anyway, as they are the better team and they came out looking serious.

One note - Ayo struggles when space shrinks. He's a great open-court player, and adept at cutting to the rim in the half court when the defense is stretched. But at least in the sections of last night's game that I saw, the Clips stayed compact and maintained their shape. And Ayo was for the most part lost.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,360

Post#46 » by DASMACKDOWN » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:01 pm

That is the next step to Ayo of being able to attack in tight space. Last night all he did was pass the ball around the perimeter.

It could be tired legs too but he was definitely out of sorts compared to anytime in the last few months.
The Cult of Personality
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#47 » by Ice Man » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:50 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:That is the next step to Ayo of being able to attack in tight space. Last night all he did was pass the ball around the perimeter.

It could be tired legs too but he was definitely out of sorts compared to anytime in the last few months.

Early in the game, which is when I was mostly watching, the Clips were playing '90s style defense. There were no lanes for the Bulls guards. They got nowhere and were either forced to take contested 3s, or pass to Vuc so that he could take a 90s style post-up. Full credit to the Clips for forcing the Bulls into that pattern, and full discredit to the Bulls guards (not just Ayo), who failed on the night. Until Carter came into the game. :o
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,659

Post#48 » by Repeat 3-peat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:08 pm

Read on Twitter

smh.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#49 » by Stratmaster » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:37 pm

Ice Man wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:That is the next step to Ayo of being able to attack in tight space. Last night all he did was pass the ball around the perimeter.

Early in the game, which is when I was mostly watching, the Clips were playing '90s style defense. There were no lanes for the Bulls guards. They got nowhere and were either forced to take contested 3s, or pass to Vuc so that he could take a 90s style post-up. Full credit to the Clips for forcing the Bulls into that pattern, and full discredit to the Bulls guards (not just Ayo), who failed on the night. Until Carter came into the game. :o
I agree. But the Bulls didn't lose because of their offense, and actually offset this by draining 3 after 3. They lost because they couldn't stop the Clippers.

DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,738

Post#50 » by DuckIII » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:05 pm

Repeat 3-peat wrote:
Read on Twitter

smh.

:lol:

Dalen Terry can’t believe his luck.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,388

Post#51 » by drosestruts » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:11 pm

didn't catch the game - sounds like i didn't miss much. Surprised to see Kawhi played after he left a game the other night.

Still not giving up hope of moving up. We jut played .500 ball through a tough part of the schedule. Philly has gone 1-6 in their last 7. 9 of philly's next 13 games are on the road. also 9 of their next 13 are vs playoff teams with above .500 records.

I also think we finally move to .500 with our next 3 games being against washington, portland, and houston.

7 of our next 13 games are against teams below .500. 8 of our next 13 games are at home.

Big push to end the year could have us eligible to win that 7th seed in the play-in and avoid Boston who scares me greatly
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,301

Post#52 » by kodo » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:33 pm

I also thought the Bulls lost on defense, offense was fine.

Bulls allowed 140 offensive rating...that's a big L against anyone. We were doubling everything and the Clippers just found the open man, all night. Even Kawhi & PG were wiiiiide open in the corners. Our help defense is just indiscriminate. We allowed an incredibly wide open corner 3 from Kawhi by having Caruso leave Kawhi to be the 3rd defender on a Zubac P&R.

Spoiler:
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,553

Post#53 » by PaKii94 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:52 pm

One thing I've seen around the league is teams are starting to sell out on the 3 to protect the rim. Offenses have gotten good enough where guarding both areas well is not possible. I think our current bulls defense is an iteration of that. If the opposing team is hitting their 3s not much we can do especially wince usually we can't match the 3s.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#54 » by Ice Man » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:33 pm

PaKii94 wrote:One thing I've seen around the league is teams are starting to sell out on the 3 to protect the rim. Offenses have gotten good enough where guarding both areas well is not possible.

Sometimes, very good teams can guard both areas during the playoffs. But it takes an unsustainably high effort from the defenders. Guys can't play that way routinely. They would melt 20 games into the season if they did.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Post#55 » by madvillian » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:46 pm

Ice Man wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:One thing I've seen around the league is teams are starting to sell out on the 3 to protect the rim. Offenses have gotten good enough where guarding both areas well is not possible.

Sometimes, very good teams can guard both areas during the playoffs. But it takes an unsustainably high effort from the defenders. Guys can't play that way routinely. They would melt 20 games into the season if they did.

Yea that and the scouting aspect of a series. Good post, there's no way teams can do it in the regular season, not at 82 game schedule anyways.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,553

Post#56 » by PaKii94 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:59 pm

Ice Man wrote:

I listen to the Locked on Jazz podcast (run by David locke who created the locked on network) and he went over the defensive changes in the league. There are only like 2 teams in the top 5 of both rim protection and perimeter defense, celts and twolves.

The teams who sell out the rim to guard the 3 are all bottom of the league in defense. The rim protection teams are near the top of the league. And obviously leading the pack are the two teams I mentioned above.

But you are right. Unless you are loaded with talent consistency is just not happening for 82 games
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#57 » by Ice Man » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:05 pm

PaKii94 wrote:The teams who sell out the rim to guard the 3 are all bottom of the league in defense. The rim protection teams are near the top of the league.

Yeah, I think Coach Bud had it right. If you have to give, give the 3 point shot. Maybe they hit them and you lose. But they might miss and you win. Whereas if the opposition consistently gets to the rim, without being strongly contested, you will always lose. Even in the 3-point era the quickest way to lose is to concede layups and dunks.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#58 » by Stratmaster » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:10 pm

Unfortunately, the Clips got to the rim at will, and had wide open 3s all night

Return to Chicago Bulls