Image ImageImage Image

Bulls vs Wizards 7pm CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,641

Re: Bulls vs Wizards 7pm CT 

Post#81 » by DuckIII » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:05 pm

Dez wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:
Dez wrote:
It's his second season, calm down.

He asked and I gave my opinion, calm down. You don't get a lot of time or chances in the NBA. It might seem too soon, but his window is starting to close.

His career is dependent on his shot. With one he'll be a rotation player, without one he'll be a Shaq Harrison-esque end of the bench filler.

And I've always been one of the few who like Dalen Terry since he was drafted.

Ayo didn't develop his shot until his third season and he's 24 years old, Terry is 21 in his second season.

He's got plenty of time.

He has at most two years. Whether that is plenty of time remains to be seen. Might be, might not be. But the current evidence is not good. He doesn’t have a shot nor does he have any signature NBA skill to offset that.

Plus the analogy is poor. Ayo shot .376 from 3 as a rookie, had a down shooting second season, and then got his shot back and improved it in year 3. It didn’t appear out of nowhere this year. He also had a shot in college at .390 from 3 (on lower volume) and scored 20 ppg his final year. People forget or never knew, but Ayo was a scoring machine in what was at the time a ridiculously loaded Big 10. One of the leading scorers in the nation against extremely good defense.

Terry has never had an NBA shot and is averaging .247 from 3 in the NBA on limited volume with virtually every shot being a completely uncontested 3. And he has no other scoring game as an alternative. And he was never a scorer in college (8 ppg his final year, which was his most), let alone a scoring machine like Ayo.

Terry might make it. But using his first two years as the predictor, it’s not very likely.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DropStep
Junior
And1: 152

Post#82 » by DropStep » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:24 pm

RSP83 wrote:
jordanwilliams6 wrote:I think I’m sold on the Coby/Ayo backcourt for the future. Ayo is stepping up to the challenge when asked and seems to have the mentality needed to be a consistently good NBA player and starter. They work well together and have very differing skillsets.

The fact that Coby & Ayo combined are paid less than half of what Zach is paid is remarkable. Two very good deals and building blocks for AKME to work with. Ayo’s shot is fantastic now.

Yes, I can't find what's not to like about them. I think their contract certainly helps. They both outperform their contract. But if you don't have unreal expectation for them, they're really good starting backcourt and can play with any superstar you want to add later.

I know they just signed, but Coby and Ayo each have only two more cheap seasons, and then they will be market value DeMars or Zachs if things go well, and we will somehow have to find other Cobys and Ayos with poorer (hopefully) draft picks, or no draft pick at all. With the new CBA that effectively limits us to two max players, sometimes it seems like an impossible Kobayashi Maru situation to try to build a contending team from here. All that money sitting on the bench doesn't help, obv. Anyway, if Coby turns into a max player in 2026, we're looking at one other max, at best, I'm afraid. Maybe we can win a ring season after next while they are still bargains!
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#83 » by Stratmaster » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:57 pm

Bulls took care of business. Won a home game.

They should have gotten Ayo another assist. Great game from him.

Billy is still an idiot.

On to the next one.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#84 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:25 pm

Red8911 wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:

That's hilarious :lol: Vuc needs to do well against legit talent before pulling out the too small sign. C'mon now. It's some random g leaguer who you just got the most unimpressive and-1 against :lol: :lol: :lol:

That guy started talking smack to Vuc for no reason at all. Vuc got pissed, scored on him and decided to make that gesture to get him back. Was funny how he went all the way down lol.

You can always tell when someone hasnt watched the game and Vooch has never played well against talent ? People just be saying anything .

Saw this on twitter after I read your post

Read on Twitter
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#85 » by weneeda2guard » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:59 pm

I hope more players call vuc the b word. Loved when he turned it up a notch and was mad. Lol
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,695

Post#86 » by GoBlue72391 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:15 pm

Dez wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:
Dez wrote:
It's his second season, calm down.

He asked and I gave my opinion, calm down. You don't get a lot of time or chances in the NBA. It might seem too soon, but his window is starting to close.

His career is dependent on his shot. With one he'll be a rotation player, without one he'll be a Shaq Harrison-esque end of the bench filler.

Ayo didn't develop his shot until his third season and he's 24 years old, Terry is 21 in his second season.

He's got plenty of time.

That's a terrible comparison and guys like Phillips and Bitim have started to eat away at his already limited role and knocked him out of the rotation. There's a good chance that next year will be his last opportunity to show he belongs. To me that's not plenty of time.

I hope he figures it out, because I've always liked the idea of Dalen Terry as a tall lengthy versatile reasonably athletic defensive minded hustle player who can also serve as a secondary playmaker and initiate the offense and play and guard 1 through 4, but that's only possible if he develops a shot.

He has to develop a shot and soon, his career is dependent on it.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,615

Post#87 » by Ice Man » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:38 pm

jordanwilliams6 wrote:Do you just mean his 2PT attempts? Terry averages 1.1 3PT attempts per game.

Sorry, yes. I wrote that too quickly! Make that 91 2-point attempts, with 1 being from longer than 10 feet. I guess he's a student of modern analytics.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,923

Post#88 » by ChettheJet » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:03 pm

This was that rare example of the Bulls facing a team that they should have beaten, early and coasted home and they actually won. Billy probably waited too long to pull the starters, they probably wanted to come out with the 18 point lead so it got down to 13 and more time came off before the bench came in. Bench vs bench would have kept the margin big. But im Billy's defense he hasn't had a big lead very often to know what to do.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,245

Post#89 » by Dan Z » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:08 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Dez wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:He asked and I gave my opinion, calm down. You don't get a lot of time or chances in the NBA. It might seem too soon, but his window is starting to close.

He's got plenty of time.

He has at most two years. Whether that is plenty of time remains to be seen. Might be, might not be. But the current evidence is not good. He doesn’t have a shot nor does he have any signature NBA skill to offset that.

Plus the analogy is poor. Ayo shot .376 from 3 as a rookie, had a down shooting second season, and then got his shot back and improved it in year 3. It didn’t appear out of nowhere this year. He also had a shot in college at .390 from 3 (on lower volume) and scored 20 ppg his final year. People forget or never knew, but Ayo was a scoring machine in what was at the time a ridiculously loaded Big 10. One of the leading scorers in the nation against extremely good defense.

Terry has never had an NBA shot and is averaging .247 from 3 in the NBA on limited volume with virtually every shot being a completely uncontested 3. And he has no other scoring game as an alternative. And he was never a scorer in college (8 ppg his final year, which was his most), let alone a scoring machine like Ayo.

Terry might make it. But using his first two years as the predictor, it’s not very likely.

Right now who is the better prospect: Dalen Terry or Julian Phillips?

I ask because they're both young players who the Bulls drafted (in Phillips case, traded for) and have spent much of their career in the G League so far.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,245

Post#90 » by Dan Z » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:11 pm

RSP83 wrote:
jordanwilliams6 wrote:I think I’m sold on the Coby/Ayo backcourt for the future. Ayo is stepping up to the challenge when asked and seems to have the mentality needed to be a consistently good NBA player and starter. They work well together and have very differing skillsets.

The fact that Coby & Ayo combined are paid less than half of what Zach is paid is remarkable. Two very good deals and building blocks for AKME to work with. Ayo’s shot is fantastic now.

Yes, I can't find what's not to like about them. I think their contract certainly helps. They both outperform their contract. But if you don't have unreal expectation for them, they're really good starting backcourt and can play with any superstar you want to add later.

I like them too and it helps that Caruso is part of the guard rotation.

However, after next season Caruso's contract is up and then the season after that both Ayo and Coby are up for extensions. Can the Bulls find a star player to go with them?

Some of this will depend on what they get for Zach. Hopefully it's neutral value or better.

Return to Chicago Bulls