Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Rockets 7pm CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Re: Bulls @ Rockets 7pm CT 

Post#101 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:14 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

wtf

We might actually have a future if Ayo pulls a Coby had become a borderline all-star. Now if only Pat could do it too then we would actually have a reason to optimistic. Obviously our lottery pick this year is gonna be really important(I’m assuming we won’t get past the play in).
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#102 » by Dominator83 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:56 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

wtf

He stole Coby's mojo
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,656

Post#103 » by sco » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:49 pm

He was aggressive against HOU, especially attacking the rim. I say this all the time, but there is almost always 10 essentially free points available to Ayo if he just does 5 full court sprints a game. That's his main strengths. The improved 3pt game has made him competent in the half court.

I am not believing this level of play after the recent return to the mean by Coby after a hot couple months.
:clap:
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#104 » by Stratmaster » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:51 pm

Red8911 wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
kodo wrote:He laid a really hard hit out of nowhere on Jalen Green and sent him to the scorers table and Green looked hurt, Dillon Brooks approached him and grabbed his elbow, Demar swung his arm out I think just to get Brooks' arm off him and clipped his jaw. Then everyone got into a scuffle.

Thanks, I should’ve made it clearer that I saw DeMar’s foul on Green. I didn’t know if it was retaliation for something that happened earlier in the game.

I think the play right before he felt that he was fouled,wasn’t called and he got angry. Vuc also thought he was fouled in that sequence and was mad as well, idk if anyone noticed but when the ball went out of bounds Vuc looked like he was going to kick the ball at the fans but stopped, they even protected themselves lol. That would have been more hilarious if he actually kicked it at them.
The Bulls are the dumbest team in the league. Our 2 supposed vet leaders do stupid things when things aren't going their way, and the crazy thing is one of them gets more fouls called his way than Jordan did, but complains that he was fouled every time he misses a shot.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,641

Post#105 » by DuckIII » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:54 pm

Really excellent game by Dalen Terry.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Guru
Starter
And1: 218

Post#106 » by Guru » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:04 pm

TheGOATRises007 wrote:
Guru wrote:VUC is a top 12-15 Center. Playing next to a Shooting guard at PF

He isn't and you know it.

Name 14 better.
Guru
Starter

Post#107 » by Guru » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:04 pm

PaKii94 wrote:
Guru wrote:VUC is a top 12-15 Center. Playing next to a Shooting guard at PF

In what reality?!? I would like to join. If Vuc could be an average center this team would be .500

Name 14 better
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#108 » by FriedRise » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:00 pm

Missed the game, but man Ayo! That's 3 games in a row he's putting up ridiculous numbers.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,609
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#109 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:15 pm

Had a good time at the game last night sporting Ayo's Illini jersey. As always, tons of Bulls fans at an away game. If I had to breakdown down the Bull's jerseys/shirts that I saw:

80% Jordan
10% DDR
5% Lavine
5% Ayo

I didn't see any White jerseys and was somewhat surprised to see Ayo getting so much love.

Ayo was really a joy to watch. Too bad we couldn't defend the back-door cuts or 3pt line. They killed us there. The DDR/Brooks tussle was interesting.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Post#110 » by drosestruts » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:24 pm

Ayo about to be in the running for Player of the Week here.

You can only control what you can control - so the fault ultimatley lies with DeRozan for his ejection. No matter what frustrations he had with the officiating or with the Rockets.

With that said, I think the refs did a piss poor job managing the game and rising tension leading up to the ejection. The play just before, DeRozan gets fouled or feels he gets fouled by Brooks and his complaining on the floor. Vuc in frustration of a lack of a call throws the ball into the tunnel (which i don't think i've ever seen before) - right there their could have been 1 or 2 tech's called on DeMar and/or Vuc and the team told to settle down. But the refs let it go on. Then DeMar checks Green to the floor. This is another opportunity where the refs could have immediatley assesed some penalty to DeMar and KYP stepped in to begin separating Bulls and Rockets players. Instead they do nothing allowing Brooks, who has a reputation, to walk all the way over to DeMar, they grapple with eachother and now we have some sort of dumb faracass.

Complete lack of ability to control the game by the refs - still DeMar's fault for getting ejected.

Other than that - you can't start slow and make a comeback this short handed, ecspecially when you're best 4th quarter player gets ejected.

Londale was absolutley awful to start the year. Not sure if he's turned it around or if Vuc is just that bad. Or both.

Things had to go near perfect for the Bulls to have an opportunity to leap frog anyone in the standings. Losing winnable games, even against a Rockets team that's been playing better, combined with some unhelpful wins by teams we're trying to jump probably confirms us as the 9th seed, which most of you already told me was what was going to happen. Which means our best case scenario is now a 1st round beat down by the Celtics.

I don't think there's much difference between picking 12th or 15th or anything so don't really care strongly about needing the better pick. If there's any benefit to younger guys getting the playoff experience i'll take it.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,609

Post#111 » by Ice Man » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:28 pm

Guru wrote:Name 14 better

In order of 2024 VORP scores -

1. Jokic
2. Sabonis
3. AD
4. Embiid
5. Segnun
6. Holmgren
7. Wemby
8. Jarrett Allen
9. Porzingis
10. Horford
11. Bam
12. Gobert
13. Hartenstein
14. Lopez

Plus basketball-reference lists KAT as a PF, and he's better too. Plus, there are another 5 centers on the list before you get to Vuc. He's about #20, which sounds right.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,923

Post#112 » by ChettheJet » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:42 pm

They didn't do any better or worse after the scuffle and Demar watching on TV. They lost this game in the first 42 point quarter. You knew it was a tough game because if you describe HOU even without their big man Sengun you would say they are a long, athletic, even young and inexperienced team that gets out and runs. And we've seen for more than 2 years, those are the teams that the Bulls pile up losses against
Guru
Starter

Post#113 » by Guru » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:16 pm

Ice Man wrote:
Guru wrote:Name 14 better

In order of 2024 VORP scores -

1. Jokic
2. Sabonis
3. AD
4. Embiid
5. Segnun
6. Holmgren
7. Wemby
8. Jarrett Allen
9. Porzingis
10. Horford
11. Bam
12. Gobert
13. Hartenstein
14. Lopez

Plus basketball-reference lists KAT as a PF, and he's better too. Plus, there are another 5 centers on the list before you get to Vuc. He's about #20, which sounds right.

No to Lopez, Hartenstein and Horford. So if we add KAT then we are at 13. That sounds about right.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,222

Post#114 » by Red8911 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:21 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

wtf

We might actually have a future if Ayo pulls a Coby had become a borderline all-star. Now if only Pat could do it too then we would actually have a reason to optimistic. Obviously our lottery pick this year is gonna be really important(I’m assuming we won’t get past the play in).

Who knew that continuity and patience actually works with young guys. Pat was also headed in the right direction along with those two. Unfortunately though for him he then got hurt, didn’t look good playing through it and then eventually needed surgery. Just bad luck compared to Ayo or Coby.

Yeah the pick will add another young player to the mix, maybe a tall PF/C would help. Also don’t forget about Phillips, he’s also someone to watch.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,222

Post#115 » by Red8911 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:26 pm

ChettheJet wrote:They didn't do any better or worse after the scuffle and Demar watching on TV. They lost this game in the first 42 point quarter. You knew it was a tough game because if you describe HOU even without their big man Sengun you would say they are a long, athletic, even young and inexperienced team that gets out and runs. And we've seen for more than 2 years, those are the teams that the Bulls pile up losses against

Sure but if Demar was playing he could have changed things in the 4th. He’s done it many times. Without him it just made it a lot more difficult.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Post#116 » by drosestruts » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:00 pm

Red8911 wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:They didn't do any better or worse after the scuffle and Demar watching on TV. They lost this game in the first 42 point quarter. You knew it was a tough game because if you describe HOU even without their big man Sengun you would say they are a long, athletic, even young and inexperienced team that gets out and runs. And we've seen for more than 2 years, those are the teams that the Bulls pile up losses against

Sure but if Demar was playing he could have changed things in the 4th. He’s done it many times. Without him it just made it a lot more difficult.

seconded - we were down 9 points heading into the 4th. With DeMar you have a feeling of "here he goes again"

Without DeMar it all seemed a little hopeless
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,641

Post#117 » by DuckIII » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:17 pm

drosestruts wrote:
Red8911 wrote:

seconded - we were down 9 points heading into the 4th. With DeMar you have a feeling of "here he goes again"

Yeah but he deserved to be ejected. I’m not even remotely buying the Amin/King blame game of saying the officials “allowed the game to get out of control.” Pure homer nonsense.

DDR acted like an idiot and paid the correct price. It happens. Nothing more to it than that.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,267

Post#118 » by kodo » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:30 pm

The nature of our clutch wins is that we often let the other team catch up in the 4th and we pull out a W after letting them back in. We don't often go into the 4th from way behind and win.

Overall we're 1 point better than our opponent in the 4th, we're not an amazing 4Q team. And we were behind by 11 last night.

The fact that we're always in clutch situations is really not as much of a positive as it's being portrayed. We shouldn't need to be clutch against a Trailblazers team without Grant, Brogdon, Sharpe.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#119 » by FriedRise » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:44 pm

drosestruts wrote:Things had to go near perfect for the Bulls to have an opportunity to leap frog anyone in the standings. Losing winnable games, even against a Rockets team that's been playing better, combined with some unhelpful wins by teams we're trying to jump probably confirms us as the 9th seed, which most of you already told me was what was going to happen. Which means our best case scenario is now a 1st round beat down by the Celtics.

I don't think there's much difference between picking 12th or 15th or anything so don't really care strongly about needing the better pick. If there's any benefit to younger guys getting the playoff experience i'll take it.

I've kinda stopped watching the Standings since I think we're more or less locked into the 9th seed. We'll see how the young guys fare in the play-in when the games matter, that's what I'm gonna be watching for next. Last year we needed Zach to go insane to pass Toronto and when he stunk it up the next game, we lost to Miami.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#120 » by Stratmaster » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:19 pm

DuckIII wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
Red8911 wrote:Sure but if Demar was playing he could have changed things in the 4th. He’s done it many times. Without him it just made it a lot more difficult.

Yeah but he deserved to be ejected. I’m not even remotely buying the Amin/King blame game of saying the officials “allowed the game to get out of control.” Pure homer nonsense.

DDR acted like an idiot and paid the correct price. It happens. Nothing more to it than that.
Agreed.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Chicago Bulls