Image ImageImage Image

Bulls vs Celtics 7pm CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,265

Re: Bulls vs Celtics 7pm CT 

Post#61 » by umfan83 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:14 am

Guru wrote:Pretty competitive with the best team in the league.

Who sat 3 of their 4 best players, on the road, on the end of a back to back
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,526

Post#62 » by Mk0 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:17 am

RSP83 wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
Guru wrote:
Not if they can put him next to a real PF. His game will translate perfectly to old age.

Go ahead and add Kornet to the list of centers providing more winning impact compared to Vuc. What are we at now? Top 35?

Horford is already above him

Vuc is not an impact player, just accept this Guru.

That trade buried us. I thought it made sense as step 1 of many but AKME cashed out all their chips and here we are.

We really need a modern big. Dallas fixed their paint scoring and defense by getting Gafford, pushing Lively to the bench and by just having two rim running lob threats who are LONG and can block a shot made a world of difference. They were horrible in the paint of both ends and are now in the top 10 for both sides of the ball since the deadline.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,436

Post#63 » by aguifs » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:21 am

21 3's againt 9.

We can't play modern NBA
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,526

Post#64 » by Mk0 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:22 am

aguifs wrote:21 3's againt 9.

We can't play modern NBA

A lot of those attempts were from offensive rebound kick outs. 12 offensive rebounds to our 3.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,611

Post#65 » by jacoby1us » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:39 am

Mk0 wrote:

We can't play modern NBA

A lot of those attempts were from offensive rebound kick outs. 12 offensive rebounds to our 3.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kornet grabbed a season high 13 rebounds where five of them were offensive rebounds. One man's trash is another's treasure, sure wish BD actually utilized his bigs properly. Kornet and Horford were killing the Bulls, not sure why the light bulb to insert Drummond with Vuc didn't turn on tonight...........

Someone please take us out of this misery and just end this season already, we have seen how this ends before. Another subpar run towards a play-in spot which will not yield a playoff berth.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,918

Post#66 » by RSP83 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:53 am

We can't play modern NBA

This was frustrating to watch .. White, Horford, Hauser raining endless 3s. And this is a common occurrence this year. It's not just the Celtics.
RSP83
Head Coach

Post#67 » by RSP83 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:57 am

We're undermanned anyway this year, no Lonzo, Zach, and Pat.
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 439

Post#68 » by greenwing » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:31 am

Was not able to watch the game. Can anyone explain the 48-24 FT disparity? That seems like the main difference in the game.
step
Lead Assistant
And1: 463

Post#69 » by step » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:56 am

greenwing wrote:Was not able to watch the game. Can anyone explain the 48-24 FT disparity? That seems like the main difference in the game.

You mean rebounds? FTs was 17-11.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#70 » by Dan Z » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:18 am

Mk0 wrote:
RSP83 wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
Go ahead and add Kornet to the list of centers providing more winning impact compared to Vuc. What are we at now? Top 35?

That trade buried us. I thought it made sense as step 1 of many but AKME cashed out all their chips and here we are.

We really need a modern big. Dallas fixed their paint scoring and defense by getting Gafford, pushing Lively to the bench and by just having two rim running lob threats who are LONG and can block a shot made a world of difference. They were horrible in the paint of both ends and are now in the top 10 for both sides of the ball since the deadline.

I've said this before, but AK screwed up on the protections in that trade. My guess is that both Chicago and Orlando thought the Bulls would make the playoffs that year so why not put better protections on the pick if things go south (which they did)? I bet Orlando still does that deal.

Of course the trade itself wasn't a good one overall, but I'm just pointing out one aspect to it that could've been negotiated better.
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 439

Post#71 » by greenwing » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:32 am

step wrote:
greenwing wrote:Was not able to watch the game. Can anyone explain the 48-24 FT disparity? That seems like the main difference in the game.

You mean rebounds? FTs was 17-11.

My bad. Totally misread the box score. I look at 3PA and for some reason thought it was FTA.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Post#72 » by drosestruts » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:32 pm

This game was always a loss in my mind.

DeRozan continuining to play well. 28 points on 19 shots to go along with 9 assists is top tier play.

Happy to see Coby also add 10 assists. His effeciency hasn't been there yet in his two games back, hoping he can re-find that.

Is Dalen Terry turning into an NBA player?

Caruso remains a +/- wunderkid

It's easy to join the chorus of hating on Vuc (who is bad) or how our season likely ends (at worst in the play-in at best in round 1 vs Boston).

But I think doing so misses an opportunity to appeciate the development of our young players, and the opportunity to appreciate a future HoF player still playing at a high-level in DeMar.

Refs with some odd technicals tonight. The one on Tatum was dumb, that one on Terry was dumb. Vuc getting a T for throwing the ball at the station was deserved.
RSP83
Head Coach

Post#73 » by RSP83 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:42 pm

drosestruts wrote:This game was always a loss in my mind.

DeRozan continuining to play well. 28 points on 19 shots to go along with 9 assists is top tier play.

Happy to see Coby also add 10 assists. His effeciency hasn't been there yet in his two games back, hoping he can re-find that.

Is Dalen Terry turning into an NBA player?

Caruso remains a +/- wunderkid

It's easy to join the chorus of hating on Vuc (who is bad) or how our season likely ends (at worst in the play-in at best in round 1 vs Boston).

But I think doing so misses an opportunity to appeciate the development of our young players, and the opportunity to appreciate a future HoF player still playing at a high-level in DeMar.

Refs with some odd technicals tonight. The one on Tatum was dumb, that one on Terry was dumb. Vuc getting a T for throwing the ball at the station was deserved.

No, I can objectively appreciate the development of our young guys, and at the same time feel hopeless watching Vuc gets owned by 80% of bigs in the league.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,431

Post#74 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:59 pm

My only take on the game really is that Terry looked decent. Finally. His tech was BS though of course.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,656

Post#75 » by sco » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:18 pm

Mk0 wrote:
RSP83 wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:

I say this every game. Vuc (and Ayo) thrive against poor rim protecting teams. I didn't want us to dump Kornet, he was always a decent rim protector, unfortunately his 3pt shot disappeared here. Anyway, Boston wasn't going to be a win.
:clap:
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,923

Post#76 » by ChettheJet » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:34 pm

Can you see my hand, palm down, four inches off the floor as I walk past Billy saying, "Too Small"?

That's why rebounding is a problem, not positioning or boxing out or anything else.

Billy's love affair with Alex Caruso is another problem. With the Celts starting Horford and Kornet this was the game to start Drummond with Vucevic. Everybody knows that DeRozan and White are going to start and we've seen Ayo more than step up of late so the only answer is start Drummond over Caruso. But could Billy do that for the sake of REBOUNDING on both ends? No he couldn't.

And the result, back to 3 games under .500 and no 4 game winning streak on the horizon.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,641

Post#77 » by DuckIII » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:02 pm

drosestruts wrote:It's easy to join the chorus of hating on Vuc (who is bad) or how our season likely ends (at worst in the play-in at best in round 1 vs Boston).

It’s pretty easy to be furious with the FO and the awful situation they have created while also enjoying DDR’s artistry and be excited about the improvements from Ayo and Coby.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
prolific passer
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#78 » by prolific passer » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:27 pm

Bulls put up a fight but still have a long ways to go to reach the Celtics level.

Return to Chicago Bulls