Image ImageImage Image

Will the Bulls win 40?

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Will the Bulls win 40?

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 34

SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,142

Re: Will the Bulls win 40? 

Post#21 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:32 pm

AK needs to be fired and so does every league office person who thought it was a good idea to be able to make the playoffs with a 30-52 record.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#22 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:40 am

Red8911 wrote:
HearshotKDS wrote:I think they hit 40 wins as the ultimate expression of karmic poetry that is continuity.

40 wins is actually an accomplishment considering they did it without 60 million of cap space.

I agree with this. The problem is that that missing cap space will not be a part of the future.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#23 » by Stratmaster » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:30 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
Andi Obst wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:Better question. How many losses down the stretch would it take for Billy to get canned?

I'd be shocked to see them fire BD even if the team doesn't win another game.

Billy getting tired of the mediocrity and quitting seems a lot more likely than him being fired.

I'll take it.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,084

Post#24 » by MrSparkle » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:54 pm

No
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,713

Post#25 » by madvillian » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:44 pm

SalmonsSuperfan wrote:AK needs to be fired and so does every league office person who thought it was a good idea to be able to make the playoffs with a 30-52 record.

We're all huge NBA fans obviously, does anybody here really enjoy this time of year? Like wouldn't it just make sense to fast forward to the old 1-8 matchups and just get going?

Instead we have to play out this string that has a team likely to finish 6-8 under .500 has "something to play for".
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,142

Post#26 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:09 pm

madvillian wrote:
SalmonsSuperfan wrote:AK needs to be fired and so does every league office person who thought it was a good idea to be able to make the playoffs with a 30-52 record.

We're all huge NBA fans obviously, does anybody here really enjoy this time of year? Like wouldn't it just make sense to fast forward to the old 1-8 matchups and just get going?

Instead we have to play out this string that has a team likely to finish 6-8 under .500 has "something to play for".

I think I still like the 82 game format though I can understand arguments for a shorter season. I guess as a fan, I just don't want to advocate for "less" basketball...though I've hardly watched the NBA this year. I just dislike the watering down of the postseason and teams being rewarded for failing.
I guess the issue with the NBA, in my view, is that teams are rewarded even more handsomely for tanking than for being average, I think the NBA is becoming boring to me because only a handful of teams are actually competitive and pretty much the only way for a team to become a contender is to be bad long enough that they are rewarded with good players.
I don't think the play-in was a mechanism to stop tanking, even if it gave bad teams something to play for, I think it was just an obvious revenue source for the league. I think if they wanted to prevent tanking, they would re-imagine the lottery. I don't really like the MLB's rule that you can't get 2 top 10 picks in consecutive seasons, but I also dislike when poor front offices are rewarded for constructing bad rosters or otherwise lose on purpose. Maybe it's as simple as flattening the odds, I think it pains fans to see a team like the Pistons rewarded more handsomely than the Bulls or Hawks, two teams ostensibly trying to compete but might be a piece or two away.

I dunno, I just think we all liked the NBA better when teams were winning 48 games and being left out of the postseason (of course the 8th seed Hawks won 37 games the year GSW won 48). I think I would want some policy where teams like the 07-08 Warriors might actually be rewarded for their relative success rather than be stuck in "treadmill hell". I think I would like this Bulls team more if something like that existed, one can kind of appreciate that they're trying to be competitive rather than throwing in the towel. Instead I think they just need to blow it up if we expect to have future success.
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 466

Post#27 » by Mr. Tibbs » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:07 pm

I guess it's cheating that I responded after last nights game, but even then I'm surprised it was that much in favor of "yes".

I see them getting to 39
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,923

Post#28 » by ChettheJet » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:27 pm

They needed 6 wins and this was one you counted on as being one of the 6. Now they have to win one that they weren't expected to win so those that said Yes, it makes your original estimate more like 41.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,698

Post#29 » by SfBull » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:46 pm

Hopefully not .
Hopefully winning under 40 and losing at Play in Tournament 2nd round ( as the Bulls will surely win the Hawks at the 1st game) will force some changes for better.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,698

Post#30 » by SfBull » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:48 pm

DuckIII wrote:Can’t bother to be interested in the outcomes because the result doesn’t matter. Normally in this situation I’d be excited about the offseason but they’ve ruined that too.

Not excited for watching,just following stats( and not even closely)
Almost giving up on the Bulls.
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,104

Post#31 » by cool007 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:39 pm

Just 1 game shy - 39 wins. Lose in the 1st play-in vs Atlanta whether we have home court or not.

End result will be same so doesn't matter.

Return to Chicago Bulls