Image ImageImage Image

Bulls vs Wizards 7pm CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Re: Bulls vs Wizards 7pm CT 

Post#61 » by Dan Z » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:55 am

Stratmaster wrote:Bulls are the dumbest team in the league. Ayo and Craig seem to be the only two who have their **** together.

Hopefully, this will help cost Billy his job. It would be the only silver lining.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app

I'm not sure if swapping Billy out for another coach would do much. The roster construction is the main problem.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#62 » by Stratmaster » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:24 am

Dan Z wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:Bulls are the dumbest team in the league. Ayo and Craig seem to be the only two who have their **** together.

Hopefully, this will help cost Billy his job. It would be the only silver lining.

I'm not sure if swapping Billy out for another coach would do much. The roster construction is the main problem.
All the Bulls had to do to win this game is:

-Not lay on the floor complaining about fouls while the other team goes down for a layup.

-Not commit flagrant fouls and jeopardize an opponents health by running them over because you are a whiny bitch and lost your cool.

-not get technical fouls called on you for ridiculously acting like a tiny shove knocked you all the way into the stands.

That's it. Those 3 things and you win the game.

If anything needs to be hung on a coach, it's when almost every one of the players pulls stupid crap that loses you games. The front office certainly didn't go out and manage to find the 10 dumbest players in the league and put them all together. Something else is going on.

Dumbest, worst coached Bulls team I have ever seen. Jim Boylen got better performances out of ... ok. Never mind. 2nd dumbest Bulls coach I have ever seen.

The team has become almost unwatchable. They are complaining to the refs on every freaking possession. Knocking players over in frustration. Throwing the ball into the tunnel. Kicking the scorers table. The most undisciplined NBA team I can remember watching.

Dan Z
RealGM

Post#63 » by Dan Z » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:42 am

Stratmaster wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

-Not lay on the floor complaining about fouls while the other team goes down for a layup.

-Not commit flagrant fouls and jeopardize an opponents health by running them over because you are a whiny bitch and lost your cool.

-not get technical fouls called on you for ridiculously acting like a tiny shove knocked you all the way into the stands.

If anything needs to be hung on a coach, it's when almost every one of the players pulls stupid crap that loses you games. The front office certainly didn't go out and manage to find the 10 dumbest players in the league and put them all together. Something else is going on.

Dumbest, worst coached Bulls team I have ever seen. Jim Boylen got better performances out of ... ok. Never mind. 2nd dumbest Bulls coach I have ever seen.

The team has become almost unwatchable. They are complaining to the refs on every freaking possession. Knocking players over in frustration. Throwing the ball into the tunnel. Kicking the scorers table. The most undisciplined NBA team I can remember watching.

Worse than Fred Hoiberg?

Donovan isn't a perfect coach, but I also don't think he's completely terrible. The team started complaining recently, but before that they showed some fight in them.

Keep in mind this is a team without it's starting shooting guard (Zach) for most of the season and it's starting PF for half the year (Patrick Williams). Plus, the team is undersized at PF.

I'm surprised that they'll get around the same wins as last season when you consider everything that happened this year.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#64 » by Stratmaster » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:01 am

Dan Z wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

Worse than Fred Hoiberg?

Donovan isn't a perfect coach, but I also don't think he's completely terrible. The team started complaining recently, but before that they showed some fight in them.

Keep in mind this is a team without it's starting shooting guard (Zach) for most of the season and it's starting PF for half the year (Patrick Williams). Plus, the team is undersized at PF.

I'm surprised that they'll get around the same wins as last season when you consider everything that happened this year.
But the team is better without Lavine, remember? Just ask Billy. You know, the guy who managed to diminish and alienate the best player on the team.

Williams isn't a starting PF. The Bulls lose absolutely nothing other than a warm body by him not playing.

The Bulls didn't show fight. Coby played over his head for a stretch, and then Ayo did. Ayo is about the only guy on the roster I care if I see back next season. He and maybe Craig. Everyone else plays stupid.

People need to stop listening to Stacey King's "it's all about effort" shtick. Fight doesn't mean anything. Talent and a well-rehearsed purposeful approach to playing basketball does. This team should have easily won 45 games last season, and this season has been a **** show.

Dan Z
RealGM

Post#65 » by Dan Z » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:07 am

Stratmaster wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:All the Bulls had to do to win this game is:

Worse than Fred Hoiberg?

But the team is better without Lavine, remember? Just ask Billy. You know, the guy who managed to diminish and alienate the best player on the team.

Williams isn't a starting PF. The Bulls lose absolutely nothing other than a warm body by him not playing.

The Bulls didn't show fight. Coby played over his head for a stretch, and then Ayo did. Ayo is about the only guy on the roster I care if I see back next season. He and maybe Craig. Everyone else plays stupid.

People need to stop listening to Stacey King's "it's all about effort" shtick. Fight doesn't mean anything. Talent and a well-rehearsed purposeful approach to playing basketball does. This team should have easily won 45 games last season, and this season has been a **** show.

I don't disagree that the season hasn't been good outside of Ayo and Coby improving.

Zach LaVine wanted out and then opted for surgery. He doesn't want to be here. What should Billy do about that? I know they've clashed before, but it was never anything major. Has Zach proven that he's a player you build around? Nope.

Right now he's a 40+ million dollar player who might have negative value. Hopefully someone gives us something more than neutral value for him, but it'll probably take some time (with Zach showcasing what he can do).

I don't care what Stacey King says. I'm just referring to when the team played well and that was due to good effort. I don't think this team is very good overall and I'm one who has said they should rebuild (I said this a long long time ago).

As for Patrick Williams he was playing okay for awhile there, but I agree that he's not a good starter. The problem is who else can play PF that has size?
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,428

Post#66 » by TheGOATRises007 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:23 am

LaVine at no point has ever been the Bulls best player.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 647

Post#67 » by Rose2Boozer » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:25 am

A bad loss for a franchise that's lost under AKME.
ROLES & HOLES
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,360

Post#68 » by pipfan » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 am

This was a bad loss, but-overall-the team's been fighting pretty well. Honestly, I think they are worn down and ready for the year to end. Vuc's effort has been bad recently
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,641

Post#69 » by DuckIII » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:26 pm

Muzbar wrote:
DuckIII wrote:I recorded, but have not watched, the game. I also know the outcome. Can anyone give me a compelling reason to watch it anyway?

And you aren’t allowed to assume I’m a masochist. Though sometimes I wonder.

Are we still allowed to think it?

Well I guess so.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,641

Post#70 » by DuckIII » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:34 pm

pipfan wrote:This was a bad loss, but-overall-the team's been fighting pretty well.

Extremely well, I’d say. We aren’t really even playing with a legitimate NBA roster and have been winning at playoff, not play-in, level clip.

Our organization is a nightmare of incompetence. But our team is playing it’s ass off and exceeding any realistic expectations under the circumstances.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,797

Post#71 » by Jcool0 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:50 pm

TheGOATRises007 wrote:LaVine at no point has ever been the Bulls best player.

No reason to lie.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#72 » by FriedRise » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:44 pm

DuckIII wrote:
pipfan wrote:This was a bad loss, but-overall-the team's been fighting pretty well.

Extremely well, I’d say. We aren’t really even playing with a legitimate NBA roster and have been winning at playoff, not play-in, level clip.

Our organization is a nightmare of incompetence. But our team is playing it’s ass off and exceeding any realistic expectations under the circumstances.

Yeah pretty much. The guys we do have are playing way above their contracts and keeping this team competitive, but there are obviously frustrating games like last night where you're again reminded that 70M+ of your payroll is missing.

Ayo and Coby were supposed to be players who if they'd pitched in 15-20 points with great efficiency, we'd have a comfortable blowout win. Now they need to produce 15-20 points with great efficiency for us to even BE in the game. And the guys behind them who we're hoping can pitch in 15-20 points with great efficiency used to play in Hoffman Estates, which is always gonna be a tough, impossible ask. Everyone's being asked to perform way above their expectations for the team to remain competitive, and credit to them, they have delivered for the most part. Win-total wise, we should be closer to the low 20s like the Grizzlies.

It's why we're in so many clutch games and have had only 2 blowout 20pt+ wins all season, and probably why DeMar has been in such a mood lately. Dude is tired and frustrated carrying this sorry ass team. He's not gonna blame his teammates because he knows it's not their fault and they're in the trenches with him, but you can tell he's one funny look away from seriously throwing fists.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Post#73 » by drosestruts » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:59 pm

a tough loss to swallow.

Was primarily watching Iowa last night but would see that the Bulls were closing the gap throughout the game and thought - here we go, after the dumb start they're getting it together and will ultimately win. I probably had that thought 4 different times, as it seemed they would pull close, even, or slightly ahead just to then go back down 8-10 points.

I even thought we'd win up until the moment we didn't.

You have DeRozan at a +9 in 38 minutes and your team loses. That's tough. I know we're injured and the roster is thin, but this guys already leading the league in minutes. The rest of the squad can't maintain a 9 point advantage for 10 minutes?

I don't know what to do with Vuc - wish we'd never had re-signed him. Would legit take a vet min player over Vuc. Eubanks and Yurtsteven both signed for the minimum last summer - we could have signed both of them, had a better center rotation, and saved money. Wins all around.

Coby has to find his shot. NBA voters are very "what have you done lately" - i still think he's deserving of MIP but he can't have a slump at the end of the season and still expect to win.

Don't look now, but Atlanta is only one game back in the loss column after they somehow came back from down 30 to beat the Celtics last night.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,084

Post#74 » by MrSparkle » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:34 pm

Vuc seemed especially bad last night. Finger pointing on defensive breakdowns. I imagine he’s ready for a new team. This has been an awkward marriage since the beginning. Both sides should finally put each other out their misery. I believe he’s more of a 35% spot-up 3P shooter (28% is frustration), who’s tired of being “the man”, not confident in his role, and asked to play more defense than he wants to at this stage in his career. Having a worse record than Orlando can’t help his morale.

More than anything, it’ll be sad if AK declares Vuc is still his pillar for the Bulls after this summer. The league’s been done reading your bluff. Move him to a contender for some late first rounder, clear the salary for 2026 and move on already.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,923

Post#75 » by ChettheJet » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:47 pm

Is there any more evidence needed that bringing back all of this group is a complete waste of time? It's not that they lost to the worst team in the league, not even that the WIZ were down what 4 ? of their best players. That has been happening for at least the past 3 years. Shorthanded opponent, playing their bench and 2 way guys and the Bulls play down to their level, then go lower. It's how they did it. Only Holmes to play the 5 and they just never go to Vuc in the post, 5 shots? And then he did have a mismatch the rest of the team shows absolutely no patience to just hold the ball for 3 seconds until a lane opens up to feed him the ball.

Break up this bunch at any cost, lack of urgency, short on BB IQ, not recognizing the situation, just aren't fixable .
Daxel
Sophomore
And1: 153

Post#76 » by Daxel » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:02 pm

Vuc looks like he just gave up.

Zach is really missed, there are no scorers like him on the team.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#77 » by FriedRise » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:05 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Vuc seemed especially bad last night. Finger pointing on defensive breakdowns. I imagine he’s ready for a new team. This has been an awkward marriage since the beginning. Both sides should finally put each other out their misery. I believe he’s more of a 35% spot-up 3P shooter (28% is frustration), who’s tired of being “the man”, not confident in his role, and asked to play more defense than he wants to at this stage in his career. Having a worse record than Orlando can’t help his morale.

More than anything, it’ll be sad if AK declares Vuc is still his pillar for the Bulls after this summer. The league’s been done reading your bluff. Move him to a contender for some late first rounder, clear the salary for 2026 and move on already.

Yeah he stood out to me mostly because the guy he's matched up with kept getting offensive rebounds when he's got a couple inches on him. That's effort, and Holmes simply just wanted it more. He also left his man a few times when he didn't need to, trying to help on a Jared Butler drive (who?) and left his man completely open under the basket.

Why the hell do you feel like you need to be helping Caruso or Ayo and double Jared Butler? Dude got 13 easy assists because you kept leaving your assignment.

On offense, our guards routinely either ignored him when he had a mismatch sealed (like Kispert) or didn't know how to perform a simple entry pass to get him the ball - neither of which was a Vooch problem. But the few times he got the ball, he did some dumb passes that kept getting intercepted by the Wizards to the tune of 3 turnovers.

I really do think that he thought he'd be off this team by the deadline (he only said it so many times before the season started), but he obviously underestimated AK's stubbornness. He probably should've just gone through UFA instead of re-signing, but I'm sure it was difficult to turn down big guaranteed money.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,084

Post#78 » by MrSparkle » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 pm

FriedRise wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:Vuc seemed especially bad last night. Finger pointing on defensive breakdowns. I imagine he’s ready for a new team. This has been an awkward marriage since the beginning. Both sides should finally put each other out their misery. I believe he’s more of a 35% spot-up 3P shooter (28% is frustration), who’s tired of being “the man”, not confident in his role, and asked to play more defense than he wants to at this stage in his career. Having a worse record than Orlando can’t help his morale.

Yeah he stood out to me mostly because the guy he's matched up with kept getting offensive rebounds when he's got a couple inches on him. That's effort, and Holmes simply just wanted it more. He also left his man a few times when he didn't need to, trying to help on a Jared Butler drive (who?) and left his man completely open under the basket.

Why the hell do you feel like you need to be helping Caruso or Ayo and double Jared Butler? Dude got 13 easy assists because you kept leaving your assignment.

On offense, our guards routinely either ignored him when he had a mismatch sealed (like Kispert) or didn't know how to perform a simple entry pass to get him the ball - neither of which was a Vooch problem. But the few times he got the ball, he did some dumb passes that kept getting intercepted by the Wizards to the tune of 3 turnovers.

I really do think that he thought he'd be off this team by the deadline (he only said it so many times before the season started), but he obviously underestimated AK's stubbornness. He probably should've just gone through UFA instead of re-signing, but I'm sure it was difficult to turn down big guaranteed money.

Yeah, good points.

To amend what I said, he must be double frustrated being the lone defensive anchor (in the front-court; obviously it’s Caruso, otherwise), while NOT being the go-to/1st option. He gets evidently annoyed when not getting a lot of post/midrange looks. It’s just that his percents are so low.

Random stats: His best season (Orlando 18/19), he averaged 16.9 FGAs per game and 28% usage.

We’re 12-21 when he has 16 or less FGAs.

20-14 when he has 17 FGAs or more.

There’s a certain benefit to running through the post, even though it’s a low efficiency shot. Distracting the defense, I suppose. :lol: Holmes is one of the worst defensive Cs in the game, and it’s mind-boggling to me that we were down 0-15 without Vuc or Demar scoring a bail-out bucket in the paint. This is where I wonder just how hand’s off Billy can be. Our guards’ inexperience also shows, as it shouldn’t be that difficult to generate an easy assist in the paint against a tank job.

All in all, everybody gets the blame. I love Demar, but if I needed a reason to move on from him, as good as he can be in the clutch, there’s mutually no benefit in paying a 35yo max/near-max money if he can’t prevent them from being blown out by a last place, short-handed team.
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,611

Post#79 » by jacoby1us » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:22 pm

I think we have officially entered the point of no interest in watching this team struggle to fight for a Play-In spot. We're not even talking about fighting to be competitive in the Playoffs, WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE PLAY-IN. If pulling the plug was ever needed, today is the day.

Lot of tough decisions have to be made this offseason for Bulls Management, curious to see which route they take with the coaching staff and the roster.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,713

Post#80 » by madvillian » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:40 pm

jacoby1us wrote:I think we have officially entered the point of no interest in watching this team struggle to fight for a Play-In spot. We're not even talking about fighting to be competitive in the Playoffs, WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE PLAY-IN. If pulling the plug was ever needed, today is the day.

Lot of tough decisions have to be made this offseason for Bulls Management, curious to see which route they take with the coaching staff and the roster.

Yea, and it's much more than just a BD discussion. The entire roster needs to be evaluated. If they go into it thinking Lonzo will be a starting caliber contributor we're already screwed. They need to figure out a real starting PG plan that isn't hope and wishes.

I mean I guess it could be White or Ayo, but to me that's not a serious plan for anything other than 38 more wins. If you embrace the younger guys then it needs to be part of a rebuilt, not continuity.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.

Return to Chicago Bulls