Image ImageImage Image

PG: All 5 Javontes big in Win

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,713

Re: PG: All 5 Javontes big in Win 

Post#61 » by madvillian » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

Good win. I'm not ready for more horrible losses.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,923

Post#62 » by ChettheJet » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 pm

Great to win, and win like that. No it doesn't make up for the WASH loss, they should have been able to put the same effort into beating the WIZ. That's the problem, we've seen this for the last 3 years, they play the way the should, even with at least 4 good to great players in street clothes but only on the heels of a complete dud that they should have won. That's how they manage to keep staying short of .500.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#63 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm

drosestruts wrote:we didn't just win that game. We kicked this butts. and I still think this team has another gear it could hit - primarily Coby re-finding his efficiency, and Vuc hitting his 3's (not really something we've seen this season, but oh what a time it'd be to turn that on).

Our ability to play like this is what really made me want to try and push for a higher seed to get a first round matchup with the 2nd or even 3rd seed.

As good as we played last night, it won't be enough to make a series out of it with Boston, which is frustrating - because I do think we could have made things interesting against Milwaukee, Cleveland, or New York. But losing multiple times to the Pistons and Wizards will prevent us from that.

Philly is 4 games up in the loss column, it's easy to envision a world where we simply beat the worst teams in the league and are only 1-game behind the 76ers for the 8th seed.

They have to really push it these remaining games because they do own the tie breakers with both Philly and the Pacers so a tie with either one for the 8th spot gives them a shot at the 7th seed and the Bucks . Its basically who finishes the strongest between Heat, Pacers,Bulls ,and Sixers and you can toss the Magic in the mix as well.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,222

Post#64 » by Red8911 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
drosestruts wrote:we didn't just win that game. We kicked this butts. and I still think this team has another gear it could hit - primarily Coby re-finding his efficiency, and Vuc hitting his 3's (not really something we've seen this season, but oh what a time it'd be to turn that on).

Our ability to play like this is what really made me want to try and push for a higher seed to get a first round matchup with the 2nd or even 3rd seed.

As good as we played last night, it won't be enough to make a series out of it with Boston, which is frustrating - because I do think we could have made things interesting against Milwaukee, Cleveland, or New York. But losing multiple times to the Pistons and Wizards will prevent us from that.

Philly is 4 games up in the loss column, it's easy to envision a world where we simply beat the worst teams in the league and are only 1-game behind the 76ers for the 8th seed.

They have to really push it these remaining games because they do own the tie breakers with both Philly and the Pacers so a tie with either one for the 8th spot gives them a shot at the 7th seed and the Bucks . Its basically who finishes the strongest between Heat, Pacers,Bulls ,and Sixers and you can toss the Magic in the mix as well.

Only 9 games left though and 4 games behind. It’s still possible to catch up to one of them but also unlikely.

Bulls would have to go undefeated the rest of the way or 8-1 and hope one of the others lose 4-5 games out of 9.

They should definitely try to make that push and go for it while also staying ahead of Atlanta who are just 1.5 behind but at this point chances are they stay at 9.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Post#65 » by drosestruts » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 pm

Red8911 wrote:

Only 9 games left though and 4 games behind. It’s still possible to catch up to one of them but also unlikely.

Bulls would have to go undefeated the rest of the way or 8-1 and hope one of the others lose 4-5 games out of 9.

They should definitely try to make that push and go for it while also staying ahead of Atlanta who are just 1.5 behind but at this point chances are they stay at 9.

Agreed - I was schedule watching for a while there, but I think we just dug ourselves too deep a hole at the start of the season and that we've simply run out of time to move up.

And you know whose fault that is - the Bulls. Who clearly have enough talent to be a higher seed, but too often don't play disciplined and consistent enough for 48 minutes a night.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,612
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#66 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 pm

drosestruts wrote:
Red8911 wrote:

Agreed - I was schedule watching for a while there, but I think we just dug ourselves too deep a hole at the start of the season and that we've simply run out of time to move up.

And you know whose fault that is - the Bulls. Who clearly have enough talent to be a higher seed, but too often don't play disciplined and consistent enough for the first 24 minutes of a night.

Fixed it for you. :)
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,695

Post#67 » by GoBlue72391 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 pm

jump wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:Javonte 5pts 4rebs 1blk some great hustle plays and impact

Team leading +26 off the bench in 19 mins.

So no more griping about signing Javonte by some people here? I love Javonte.

I just read through the Javonte signing thread. Two people openly disliked the signing and another two or three like Javonte but questioned the need for another undersized PF.

There are 49 total comments in the thread, so roughly 44 out of 49 comments were in favor of the signing.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,245

Re: Bulls vs Pacers 7pm CT 

Post#68 » by Dan Z » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 pm

sco wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Red8911 wrote:There’s always ways to get it done if they want all 3 back. Way to do it is to move other players in order to make room .

Zach and Lonzo make a lot of money so it would be ideal if the bulls can somehow unload one or both while gaining some cap space. If not then guys like Carter and Craig would have to get sacrificed.

They could always also resign them all to start the season as a lux tax team without trading the others and just make the necessary moves later on next season to go under. They don’t pay the tax till the end of season so that’s always an option.

Imo I don’t think they bring back Drummond anyway. He’s been great but think the bulls should look into getting either a younger more athletic center or more defensive type.

Do you have anyone in mind who you think might be available? Are you thinking it'd be through the draft or a trade?

IMO the FO may be willing to go into the tax to start the season, with the likely goal of shedding salary and getting below it by the end of the season. I don't think we'll find a better C than AD out there. The best shot I see is with the Knicks. I'm not sure they'll want to keep both Robinson and resign Hartenstein (who is a FA). A S&T might be feasible there. They still have Simms who improved and Achiuwa, who they stole from TOR - wow that dude has been killing it for them.

I could see Hartenstein moving on because he gets a contract that the Knicks aren't willing to match. But I'd be surprised if the Bulls are the team to offer it to him.

Return to Chicago Bulls