Image ImageImage Image

PG: All 5 Javontes big in Win

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,245

Re: Bulls vs Pacers 7pm CT 

Post#41 » by Dan Z » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Dan Z wrote:Do you think the Bulls will re-sign Drummond?

I think they want to. But at the same time, Drummond will get alot of attention in the off season and may out price us.

With DDR and PW up for contract extensions will the Bulls have enough to sign Drummond and not pay the tax?
RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Post#42 » by RastaBull » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 am

Does that go up there with one of best wins of the year? Indy was a hot team. Lots of people talking about them.

And are we the first defense to keep Indy under 100?? That’s a big story!
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,530

Post#43 » by Mk0 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 am

RastaBull wrote:Does that go up there with one of best wins of the year? Indy was a hot team. Lots of people talking about them.

If you asked me yesterday I would have thought the scores would be reversed
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#44 » by weneeda2guard » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 am

RastaBull wrote:Does that go up there with one of best wins of the year? Indy was a hot team. Lots of people talking about them.

Honestly we have a lot of really good wins this year

But when you lose to the wizards it keeps the doubters doubting
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,359

Re: PG: All 5 Javontes big in Win 

Post#45 » by DASMACKDOWN » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 am

Javonte 5pts 4rebs 1blk some great hustle plays and impact

Team leading +26 off the bench in 19 mins.
The Cult of Personality
BloodyQ
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#46 » by BloodyQ » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 am

Javonte has fresh legs, and it's literally his first game of the season. Just like that Bitim breakout game....and where is Bitim now....nowhere to be seen
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,410

Post#47 » by jump » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:35 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Javonte 5pts 4rebs 1blk some great hustle plays and impact

Team leading +26 off the bench in 19 mins.

So no more griping about signing Javonte by some people here? I love Javonte.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,414

Post#48 » by Muzbar » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 am

Honestly not surprised with this win, the Bulls have had the Pacers number this season.

Coby needs to rest though. I reckon that hip is still bothering him.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
nekorajo
Bench Warmer
And1: 580

Post#49 » by nekorajo » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 am

Javonte immediately impacted the game. Chemistry is important, and he gels with this crew.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,611

Post#50 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 am

Repeat 3-peat wrote:Image

Javonte Green.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,024

Post#51 » by Chi town » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
kodo wrote:It's a 25 point lead, we seriously going to play Derozan 40 minutes?

At least King and Adam have called BIlly out a few times when this has happened. This is how you load manage. The moment the Pacers pulled their guys, we should have immediately done the same.

DDR wants to hunt free buckets in scrub time.

It’s stupid that Billy lets him do it.

Pull his a$$. He needs his legs for meaningful mins.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,222

Post#52 » by Red8911 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 am

Dan Z wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Dan Z wrote:Do you think the Bulls will re-sign Drummond?

I think they want to. But at the same time, Drummond will get alot of attention in the off season and may out price us.

With DDR and PW up for contract extensions will the Bulls have enough to sign Drummond and not pay the tax?

There’s always ways to get it done if they want all 3 back. Way to do it is to move other players in order to make room .

Zach and Lonzo make a lot of money so it would be ideal if the bulls can somehow unload one or both while gaining some cap space. If not then guys like Carter and Craig would have to get sacrificed.

They could always also resign them all to start the season as a lux tax team without trading the others and just make the necessary moves later on next season to go under. They don’t pay the tax till the end of season so that’s always an option.

Imo I don’t think they bring back Drummond anyway. He’s been great but think the bulls should look into getting either a younger more athletic center or more defensive type.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,222

Post#53 » by Red8911 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 am

nekorajo wrote:Javonte immediately impacted the game. Chemistry is important, and he gels with this crew.

Yeah now that they are short handed Jevonte fits right in. He already knows his role and knows his place on the team.

Still not a shooter but atleast he’ll help with defense, toughness and hustle for the rest of the games.

Amazing how he holds his ground playing PF at 6”4. If he was like a couple of inches bigger he’d be even better and a starter level player.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,245

Post#54 » by Dan Z » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 am

Red8911 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:

There’s always ways to get it done if they want all 3 back. Way to do it is to move other players in order to make room .

Zach and Lonzo make a lot of money so it would be ideal if the bulls can somehow unload one or both while gaining some cap space. If not then guys like Carter and Craig would have to get sacrificed.

They could always also resign them all to start the season as a lux tax team without trading the others and just make the necessary moves later on next season to go under. They don’t pay the tax till the end of season so that’s always an option.

Imo I don’t think they bring back Drummond anyway. He’s been great but think the bulls should look into getting either a younger more athletic center or more defensive type.

Do you have anyone in mind who you think might be available? Are you thinking it'd be through the draft or a trade?
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,658

Post#55 » by sco » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:42 pm

Dan Z wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

Do you have anyone in mind who you think might be available? Are you thinking it'd be through the draft or a trade?

IMO the FO may be willing to go into the tax to start the season, with the likely goal of shedding salary and getting below it by the end of the season. I don't think we'll find a better C than AD out there. The best shot I see is with the Knicks. I'm not sure they'll want to keep both Robinson and resign Hartenstein (who is a FA). A S&T might be feasible there. They still have Simms who improved and Achiuwa, who they stole from TOR - wow that dude has been killing it for them.
:clap:
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Post#56 » by drosestruts » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 pm

we didn't just win that game. We kicked this butts. and I still think this team has another gear it could hit - primarily Coby re-finding his efficiency, and Vuc hitting his 3's (not really something we've seen this season, but oh what a time it'd be to turn that on).

Our ability to play like this is what really made me want to try and push for a higher seed to get a first round matchup with the 2nd or even 3rd seed.

As good as we played last night, it won't be enough to make a series out of it with Boston, which is frustrating - because I do think we could have made things interesting against Milwaukee, Cleveland, or New York. But losing multiple times to the Pistons and Wizards will prevent us from that.

Philly is 4 games up in the loss column, it's easy to envision a world where we simply beat the worst teams in the league and are only 1-game behind the 76ers for the 8th seed.
nekorajo
Bench Warmer
And1: 580

Post#57 » by nekorajo » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm

Red8911 wrote:
nekorajo wrote:Javonte immediately impacted the game. Chemistry is important, and he gels with this crew.

Yeah now that they are short handed Jevonte fits right in. He already knows his role and knows his place on the team.

Still not a shooter but atleast he’ll help with defense, toughness and hustle for the rest of the games.

Amazing how he holds his ground playing PF at 6”4. If he was like a couple of inches bigger he’d be even better and a starter level player.

I'm guessing they didn't bring him back sooner because he wasn't fully healthy yet. He's clearly better than multiple players in this roster.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#58 » by Stratmaster » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 pm

Great win! Ayo continues to impress at PG. Great to have the 5 Javontes back.

Billy is still an idiot.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#59 » by FriedRise » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm

5 > 1. Great to have Javonte back.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#60 » by BullChit » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

Incredibly fun watching Javonte sprint into position to at least attempt to get a rebound but also being ready to run the break.

The guy is 110% hustle...
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"

Return to Chicago Bulls