Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Nets 6:30pm CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,765

Re: Bulls @ Nets 6:30pm CT 

Post#41 » by Jeffster81 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:15 am

PaKii94 wrote:This season is shaping up to go out with a whimper

So, the usual for the Bulls.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,813

Post#42 » by jc23 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:20 am

Bulls ownership be like "i want my single game playoff revenue damn it!"
Be curious, Not judgmental
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,521

Post#43 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:06 am

RSP83 wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:I can’t see DeMar re-signing here unless the Bulls beat the market by like 25%. And hey, we just might.

No, I don't think he's coming back. He'll certainly explore his options. It's going to be his last run before he retires. But I think that's better for the Bulls, should force AK to pull the plug on this team.

It would be a blessing.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,026

Post#44 » by Chi town » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:24 am

Another shot profile loss.

9-30 from 3.

Nets 25-44 from 3.

Same story.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,118

Post#45 » by NecessaryEvil » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:46 am

And to think AK postponed the rebuild when ownership gave him the go ahead at the deadline

This, is why I don’t watch anymore. Happy for Coby and Ayo’s improvements though
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,654

Post#46 » by DuckIII » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:12 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
RSP83 wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:I can’t see DeMar re-signing here unless the Bulls beat the market by like 25%. And hey, we just might.

No, I don't think he's coming back. He'll certainly explore his options. It's going to be his last run before he retires. But I think that's better for the Bulls, should force AK to pull the plug on this team.

It would be a blessing.

Yeah, at least we were proactive and did stuff in advance to help the team afterwards. Sanogo and Green will be here.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by DuckIII » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:15 pm

aguifs wrote:You won't win many games allowing 15-20 3's a game.

I know our roster suck but BD is terrible

People really need to let this go. I don’t love Donovan but this team’s talent and construction, given the injuries, is significantly worse than the record we have posted this year.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,086

Post#48 » by MrSparkle » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:52 pm

Watching the tourney… I almost wonder if Bulls would lose to some of the sweet 16 teams “on a bad day” (those deplorable and not uncommon sub-20% 3P nights).

Our incompetence shooting the 3P is unlike anything I see in modern basketball. Looking forward to AK addressing shooting profile, again. Since I guess the decision was to hire a shooting coach and tell Billy to have the same guys shoot more 3Ps.

Ayo and Coby are better (though Coby’s had a rough month), but on the whole, the low volume and Vuc’s misery are enough to weigh the 3P output way down. Most teams have 4 good shooters on the floor. We have 2.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,924

Post#49 » by ChettheJet » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:53 pm

This was continuity, or maybe continually as in, they continually for how many years have lost games to nearly tanking teams for no good reason. They were up 5 at the half, down 1 at the quarter and there it is another loss. This time 17 points but continually another L that they should have won.

If you were impressed by Schroeder's performance, ask yourself why he bounces around to so many teams where he has done the same thing? He's great for losing teams to rack up points yet the team never gets any better. Many were wishing for a Cam Thomas trade when Lavine was first talked about in trades. You get lured in by the stats but ignore that he, like Schroeder gets the ball and decides he's going to score, well at least he's going to shoot the ball so move out of the way. When he's 'on' that's great but most of the time he puts on blinders like a racehorse and doesn't see the other 4 guys on the floor. Which can work out BUT the after effect is the other 4 see their chances to shoot going away so when they get the ball, they decide, it's now or never, so they force up their shot so they don't look like they played 28 minutes and did nothing. That's how a team with so much firepower can have the record they do.

The exception is Mikal Bridges who gets his points in the flow of the offense and apparently why his name comes up in trade talks so much.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Post#50 » by drosestruts » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:12 pm

Philly losing makes this one sting even more. A higher seed was there for the taking, this team's talented enough to have moved up in the standings, they just don't care enough.

You gotta want it, and I'm just not sure that's this teams identity.

Winning is an all the time thing. Watching Wemby get excited about an OT win against the Knicks and launching the ball into the crowd in celebration - we just don't have that energy here.

Just so frustrating watching us lose to the Wizards, beat down the Pacers, then lose to the Nets.
Mirotek
Veteran
And1: 1,480

Post#51 » by Mirotek » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:37 pm

Coby showing lately that he'd be a great sixth man.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by DuckIII » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:42 pm

drosestruts wrote:A higher seed was there for the taking, this team's talented enough to have moved up in the standings, they just don't care enough.

Dude, god love your optimism and the respectful way you express it. I’m often probably too harsh with my responses due to my extreme frustration with how this FO has ruined my favorite sports team for what will likely prove out to be a full decade.

But at some point doesn’t something have to click that this team is nowhere near as good as you think it is from a pure talent standpoint? You are blaming the guts of the freaking players now? Who have so badly outplayed their quality this year gutting out tons of games they had no business winning on paper?

Look at the level of player we are relying on off the bench. We are playing a point guard at power forward. We have no interior defense. No three point shooters.

We’re not good bro. These players are giving us fans everything they have and more in a virtually impossible situation. And now you are blaming THEM?
Bulliever2020
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,978

Post#53 » by Bulliever2020 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:06 pm

jc23 wrote:Bulls ownership be like "i want my single game playoff revenue damn it!"

At this point I am actively rooting for them to fall to 10. Eff Jerry and this entire ownership group.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Post#54 » by pipfan » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:08 pm

Bulliever2020 wrote:
jc23 wrote:Bulls ownership be like "i want my single game playoff revenue damn it!"

At this point I am actively rooting for them to fall to 10. Eff Jerry and this entire ownership group.

Me too, I want us to fall to 10 for a few reasons
1-one pick higher, you never know (our guy could be taken at 10, either way)
2-SLIGHTLY better odds to move up
3-We're not going anywhere anyway, so it doesn't matter
4-Falling to 10 and losing in the first Playin game MIGHT make them more likely to blow it up?
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#55 » by Stratmaster » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:31 pm

Mirotek wrote:Coby showing lately that he'd be a great sixth man.
Exactly

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#56 » by Stratmaster » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:33 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Watching the tourney… I almost wonder if Bulls would lose to some of the sweet 16 teams “on a bad day” (those deplorable and not uncommon sub-20% 3P nights).

Our incompetence shooting the 3P is unlike anything I see in modern basketball. Looking forward to AK addressing shooting profile, again. Since I guess the decision was to hire a shooting coach and tell Billy to have the same guys shoot more 3Ps.

Ayo and Coby are better (though Coby’s had a rough month), but on the whole, the low volume and Vuc’s misery are enough to weigh the 3P output way down. Most teams have 4 good shooters on the floor. We have 2.
Your 3 most consistent 3 point shooters are Lavine, Ball, and likely PWill. They all went zero for zero.

Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#57 » by Stratmaster » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:38 pm

DuckIII wrote:
drosestruts wrote:A higher seed was there for the taking, this team's talented enough to have moved up in the standings, they just don't care enough.

Dude, god love your optimism and the respectful way you express it. I’m often probably too harsh with my responses due to my extreme frustration with how this FO has ruined my favorite sports team for what will likely prove out to be a full decade.

But at some point doesn’t something have to click that this team is nowhere near as good as you think it is from a pure talent standpoint? You are blaming the guts of the freaking players now? Who have so badly outplayed their quality this year gutting out tons of games they had no business winning on paper?

Look at the level of player we are relying on off the bench. We are playing a point guard at power forward. We have no interior defense. No three point shooters.

We’re not good bro. These players are giving us fans everything they have and more in a virtually impossible situation. And now you are blaming THEM?
And I am going to fall right in the middle and say they haven't overplayed, and only slightly under-performed, if at all.

The players left on the court are getting exactly the results you would expect. 2 6th man quality starting guards. As you said, a Guard playing PF. A small forward who can provide a high floor for any team, but as your fall-back and pacifier on offense also puts a ceiling on the team. A center who should be considered a complimentary piece, but everyone seems to want to be the hub of the offense.

Alex Caruso is the best and most impactful player left playing on this roster. Demar can get you some buckets and a bunch of free throws. After that...

dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,761

Post#58 » by dougthonus » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:55 pm

DuckIII wrote:

Agreed. This roster simply isn't that great, especially with Zach, Pat, and Lonzo out. DeMar, Coby, Ayo, Vuc, Caruso, Drummond, and Craig are the only healthy rotation caliber players on the team. Javonte Green was signed out of the G-League and is probably the 8th best healthy guy on the squad.

Bitim, Terry, Philips, and Taylor effectively provide nothing,

It's been extremely impressive how well they've fought back after a 5-14 start. They've actually played better than .500 basketball since that point with this duct taped together roster.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,017

Post#59 » by vxmike » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:05 pm

dougthonus wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

Agreed. This roster simply isn't that great, especially with Zach, Pat, and Lonzo out. DeMar, Coby, Ayo, Vuc, Caruso, Drummond, and Craig are the only healthy rotation caliber players on the team. Javonte Green was signed out of the G-League and is probably the 8th best healthy guy on the squad.

Bitim, Terry, Philips, and Taylor effectively provide nothing,

It's been extremely impressive how well they've fought back after a 5-14 start. They've actually played better than .500 basketball since that point with this duct taped together roster.

They put together a decent stretch but it’s obvious this just isn’t a good team. They still struggle beating bad teams and only seem to get up for better teams. That’s a maddening trait that’s been on this squad for a while.

Funniest part is Jerry might not even get his one home play-in game. :lol:
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,761

Post#60 » by dougthonus » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:24 pm

vxmike wrote:They put together a decent stretch but it’s obvious this just isn’t a good team. They still struggle beating bad teams and only seem to get up for better teams. That’s a maddening trait that’s been on this squad for a while.

Funniest part is Jerry might not even get his one home play-in game. :lol:

Yeah, I agree they're not really a good team. Over that good stretch after the 5-14 start, they've had played 5 games over .500 but they've had a net rating even over that stretch which would suggest a below .500 record. They've effectively just been massively clutch or massively lucky depending on your personal beliefs about whether clutch is a trait or a small sample size anomaly.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls