Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Nets 6:30pm CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,230

Re: Bulls @ Nets 6:30pm CT 

Post#61 » by Red8911 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:43 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:And to think AK postponed the rebuild when ownership gave him the go ahead at the deadline

This, is why I don’t watch anymore. Happy for Coby and Ayo’s improvements though

Rebuilding through tanking isn’t going to solve anything. Try tried that already and ended up back in the same place they were when Jimmy was a Bull.

They have a few young players that have stepped up and will only get better, use the top 10 draft pick or if lucky top 4, resign Demar, and then retool best way possible. This is a more solid plan then simply trade everyone for picks and blow it all up.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,230

Post#62 » by Red8911 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:52 am

vxmike wrote:
dougthonus wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Dude, god love your optimism and the respectful way you express it. I’m often probably too harsh with my responses due to my extreme frustration with how this FO has ruined my favorite sports team for what will likely prove out to be a full decade.

But at some point doesn’t something have to click that this team is nowhere near as good as you think it is from a pure talent standpoint? You are blaming the guts of the freaking players now? Who have so badly outplayed their quality this year gutting out tons of games they had no business winning on paper?

Look at the level of player we are relying on off the bench. We are playing a point guard at power forward. We have no interior defense. No three point shooters.

We’re not good bro. These players are giving us fans everything they have and more in a virtually impossible situation. And now you are blaming THEM?

Agreed. This roster simply isn't that great, especially with Zach, Pat, and Lonzo out. DeMar, Coby, Ayo, Vuc, Caruso, Drummond, and Craig are the only healthy rotation caliber players on the team. Javonte Green was signed out of the G-League and is probably the 8th best healthy guy on the squad.

Bitim, Terry, Philips, and Taylor effectively provide nothing,

It's been extremely impressive how well they've fought back after a 5-14 start. They've actually played better than .500 basketball since that point with this duct taped together roster.

They put together a decent stretch but it’s obvious this just isn’t a good team. They still struggle beating bad teams and only seem to get up for better teams. That’s a maddening trait that’s been on this squad for a while.

Funniest part is Jerry might not even get his one home play-in game. :lol:

I still think they can win both play in games and make the playoffs. After that they wouldn’t have a chance against the Celtics but doesn’t matter atleast make it a respectable competitive series. Many or most teams around the league also wouldnt beat them.

If the Bulls do make the playoffs though, I see it as a successful season and something to build on next year.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,800

Post#63 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:54 am

Red8911 wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:And to think AK postponed the rebuild when ownership gave him the go ahead at the deadline

This, is why I don’t watch anymore. Happy for Coby and Ayo’s improvements though

Rebuilding through tanking isn’t going to solve anything. Try tried that already and ended up back in the same place they were when Jimmy was a Bull.

They have a few young players that have stepped up and will only get better, use the top 10 draft pick or if lucky top 4, resign Demar, and then retool best way possible. This is a more solid plan then simply trade everyone for picks and blow it all up.

So we will count to strive for .500. NBA Hell. Smart franchises like Toronto, Orlando and San Antonio knew when to blow it up.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,800

Post#64 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:56 am

Red8911 wrote:
vxmike wrote:
dougthonus wrote:
Agreed. This roster simply isn't that great, especially with Zach, Pat, and Lonzo out. DeMar, Coby, Ayo, Vuc, Caruso, Drummond, and Craig are the only healthy rotation caliber players on the team. Javonte Green was signed out of the G-League and is probably the 8th best healthy guy on the squad.

Bitim, Terry, Philips, and Taylor effectively provide nothing,

It's been extremely impressive how well they've fought back after a 5-14 start. They've actually played better than .500 basketball since that point with this duct taped together roster.

They put together a decent stretch but it’s obvious this just isn’t a good team. They still struggle beating bad teams and only seem to get up for better teams. That’s a maddening trait that’s been on this squad for a while.

Funniest part is Jerry might not even get his one home play-in game. :lol:

I still think they can win both play in games and make the playoffs. After that they wouldn’t have a chance against the Celtics but doesn’t matter atleast make it a respectable competitive series. Many or most teams around the league also wouldnt beat them.

If the Bulls do make the playoffs though, I see it as a successful season and something to build on next year.

It’s not a successful season and I pray we don’t make the playoffs. A lottery pick is worth more than beatdown in the first round. It’s not like this team is being led by young players. 35 year old DeRozan is still clearly our best player.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,390

Post#65 » by drosestruts » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:53 pm

DuckIII wrote:
drosestruts wrote:A higher seed was there for the taking, this team's talented enough to have moved up in the standings, they just don't care enough.

You gotta want it, and I'm just not sure that's this teams identity.

Dude, god love your optimism and the respectful way you express it. I’m often probably too harsh with my responses due to my extreme frustration with how this FO has ruined my favorite sports team for what will likely prove out to be a full decade.

But at some point doesn’t something have to click that this team is nowhere near as good as you think it is from a pure talent standpoint? You are blaming the guts of the freaking players now? Who have so badly outplayed their quality this year gutting out tons of games they had no business winning on paper?

Look at the level of player we are relying on off the bench. We are playing a point guard at power forward. We have no interior defense. No three point shooters.

We’re not good bro. These players are giving us fans everything they have and more in a virtually impossible situation. And now you are blaming THEM?

I think that's the thing though - the inconsistency.

You can point to wins we had where we did win not on talent but on hard play and effort.

You can also point to losses where we are the more talented team even with our injuries, and feel the loss came due to a lack of effort - the Detroit and Washington losses being the glaring examples.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,052

Post#66 » by Chi town » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:25 am

drosestruts wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
drosestruts wrote:A higher seed was there for the taking, this team's talented enough to have moved up in the standings, they just don't care enough.

You gotta want it, and I'm just not sure that's this teams identity.

I think that's the thing though - the inconsistency.

You can point to wins we had where we did win not on talent but on hard play and effort.

You can also point to losses where we are the more talented team even with our injuries, and feel the loss came due to a lack of effort - the Detroit and Washington losses being the glaring examples.

We did to the Wolves tonight what the Nets and Wizards did to us. We came out swinging got a lead lost the lead and then won the game.

We are set up to lose every game due to the 3pt disparity.

DDR usually takes the first quarter off to, in his words, “feel out the game.” We get down double digits and we only come back and win if we get hot from 3 or the other team beats themselves.

This is the theme of the year.

AK needs to let DDR walk and hope Pat Lavine and Lonzo are healthy next year because we could be at least an average 3 pt shooting team and would win a lot more games.

Return to Chicago Bulls