Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Wolves 6pm CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,048

Re: Bulls @ Wolves 6pm CT 

Post#61 » by Chi town » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:31 am

jordanwilliams6 wrote:
Chi town wrote:
HearshotKDS wrote:I find myself somehow hating how the team is constructed but loving how they play.

Let DDR walk and get Lavine, Pat and Lonzo back with a defensive big and this team would be really fun to watch. Many more wins too.

I think people underestimate the positive impact that Demar has on this team, especially guys like Ayo & Coby. He relieves the pressure on them and allows them to play their natural game. It clear they all look up to him and he gives them confidence in tough situations.

Zach is finished here. I was a massive fan of his but it’s clear he’s a negative player. He needs to be moved ASAP if we want to be a winning team in the short term.

DDR is atrocious defensively. He’s training wheels that need to come off. Raises our floor to play in status while keeping the young guys from learning how to win. The Meh 3 suck together. Don’t fit. Zach is untradable until he plays 20 games well.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,048

Post#62 » by Chi town » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:33 am

Red8911 wrote:
Chi town wrote:
FriedRise wrote:Lost to Wizards
Beat Pacers
Lost to Brooklyn
Beat Timberwolves

Make it make sense!

Pretty easy. DDR and Vuc don’t give a damn against scrub teams. We get down early and then don’t have enough late. Vuc and DDR don’t have the legs.

Caruso won us this game. Those 3s were the difference.

You’re blaming Demar now for losing to scrub teams lol, he’s the last guy you should be blaming.

Guy gives it all every night, plays most minutes in the league and has won so many games for the bulls yet you still criticize him for some reason .

Watch the games. He does nothing in the first quarter and we go down big.

He paves himself and only goes all out in the last 5 mins of the 4th.

His flopping when not getting the calls always leads to the other team scoring on a fastbreak.

Crazy how people believe this narratives and don’t watch team dynamic objectively.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,170

Post#63 » by Mk0 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:29 am

lol
lmao even
Read on Twitter

I actually like Rudy, but jfc guy, this is just chum in the water for your first round opponent.

He won't have to worry about Draymond, Dillon Brooks or PatBev in the first round. So that is a good thing for him. Because he just admitted he is willing to get himself thrown out of a game in the case of.. getting boxed out.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,052

Post#64 » by erlim » Mon Apr 1, 2024 10:42 am

The Box Office wrote:so much for the Heir Apparent "Anthony Edwards"

Clearly the lesser of the two secret Jordan kids.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,683

Post#65 » by Ice Man » Mon Apr 1, 2024 11:21 am

Friday, we lost to a crummy Nets team because they made 57% of their 3s. Last night, we beat a very good Wolves team because we made 59% of our 3s.

In the modern NBA, that's often the only analysis you really need.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,678

Post#66 » by sco » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:26 pm

This was an exception to my rule that we can't beat good rim protecting teams. I think my rule stems from the fact that we are not usually a team that makes a ton of 3's (especially Vuc and Demar), but if other guys make a ton of 3's, it makes up for that weakness.

Kudos to AC on feelin it tonight!
Green over Terry all day long!
:clap:
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,738

Post#67 » by DuckIII » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:27 pm

Mk0 wrote:lol
lmao even
Read on Twitter

I actually like Rudy, but jfc guy, this is just chum in the water for your first round opponent.

He won't have to worry about Draymond, Dillon Brooks or PatBev in the first round. So that is a good thing for him. Because he just admitted he is willing to get himself thrown out of a game in the case of.. getting boxed out.

What the hell is he talking about?

Also, after watching him repeatedly push our guys on rebounds while also somehow having the foul called on us, I have a newly lowered opinion of him and his allegation that officials who don’t give him calls are fixing games. And that opinion was already quite low to begin with.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,933

Post#68 » by ChettheJet » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:53 pm

When there were 11 games left it looked like they could win 6 and stay at #9. So far I think they've won 2 that looked like losses and lost 2 that looked like wins. The 'magic' number is at 6 and they play the Hawks which is one of those up in the air games, heck they're all up in the air the way the Bulls play. If they win they knock their number down to 4 with 3 games against the Knicks.

No way of guessing which team shows up on any given night
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#69 » by FriedRise » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:55 pm

Man this was a gutsy win especially after the multiple stinkers this team just had.

This 100% was a DeMar DeRozan show though. Dude had a 36% USG. I think he touched the ball on almost every possession when he was on the court. Coby and Ayo have obviously taken steps forward this season, but when big bro is playing, they're going to defer to him. Willingly. Why? Because DeMar can make something happen out of nothing, especially when defenses tighten up. It is what it is and is going to continue that way as long as DeMar is here.

Caruso obviously helped too with his ridiculous shooting, but that's the type of contribution we need to secure a win for this team. If he just turned in an average performance, that would've been an easy loss.

If they can take care of business against Atlanta tonight, the 9th seed is basically theirs.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#70 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:20 pm

This team will win their play in games go up 3-0 on the #1 seed and then lose 4 straight . They are that type of heart attack waiting to happen and about as unpredictable as they come.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#71 » by FriedRise » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Bro whined because he got boxed out by a guard a foot shorter than him? gtfoh
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Post#72 » by madvillian » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:24 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

It looks dirty until you look at how Rudy was positioned. It's not ACs job to get Gobert in a strong rebounding position. For whatever reason Gobert had his feet tangled up and when AC went to make a strong box out Gobert collapsed because he didn't have his feet under him.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Post#73 » by Stratmaster » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:11 pm

Ice Man wrote:Friday, we lost to a crummy Nets team because they made 57% of their 3s. Last night, we beat a very good Wolves team because we made 59% of our 3s.

In the modern NBA, that's often the only analysis you really need.

Yep. And something needs to be done about it.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,389

Post#74 » by drosestruts » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:53 pm

madvillian wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

It looks dirty until you look at how Rudy was positioned. It's not ACs job to get Gobert in a strong rebounding position. For whatever reason Gobert had his feet tangled up and when AC went to make a strong box out Gobert collapsed because he didn't have his feet under him.

Now let's get a supercut of all the times Gobert pushed people in the back when going for a rebound - including guards like Ayo and foot shorter than him.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,170

Post#75 » by Mk0 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 11:29 pm

I like Gobert but he is a damn fool for this take. And it hilariously lines up just how to get under his skin come playoff time.

If this dude gets played off the court in the playoffs again he will never hear the end of it.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel

Return to Chicago Bulls