Image ImageImage Image

Kudos to NCAA Women's Tourney for tonight's matchups

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,650

Re: Kudos to NCAA Women's Tourney for tonight's matchups 

Post#201 » by Ice Man » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:29 pm

jc23 wrote: Im not watching the wnba for a defensive battle or high number of free throws; i want 3 point shooting and crisp passing. Its why all of us gravitated towards Caitlin in the first place. Not only do you want CC to succeed you also want to encourage other players (present and future) to copy her.

I think this is on the right track. CC's popularity rests, in large part, on the fact that her two most important attributes are sex-neutral. One, she takes fadeaway step-back 3s from 25 feet, and those look equally spectacular coming from either men or women. Second, she hits cutters with great passes, and again her sex is immaterial. The ball is whizzing to her teammates' hands, either way.

Whereas if her skill set were post ups, yeah not so much. No woman is going to make us forget Giannis or Embiid near the hoop. So yeah, the best chance for the WNBA to thrive would seem to be with a perimeter game of sharp shooting, passing, and movement.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,650

Re: Kudos to NCAA Women's Tourney for tonight's matchups 

Post#202 » by Ice Man » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:51 pm

After watching an interview with the Indiana Fever coach, I am sticking with my prediction. Clark will be known this year for her passing more than her shooting. The short version of the Fever coach's comments were -

1) Our players haven't before received passes like this. They're having to learn how to adjust that the ball will come to them at times and places they they do not expect.

2) Nobody will ever be able to double team Clark, because she always finds the open player.

Their first regular season game is May 14th, so we will see soon enough.

Return to Chicago Bulls