Image ImageImage Image

Bulls vs Hawks 7pm CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Re: Bulls vs Hawks 7pm CT 

Post#101 » by FriedRise » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:33 pm

I have more or less tuned them out, though admittedly I did watch the Timberwolves game.

Dunno if this was a clutch game or not (doesn't seem like it from looking at the boxscore), but there's no way the Bulls can make a late comeback when the game isn't within 5 points. That's just too many points you'll need to outscore your opponents by when all you've got going on is DeMar middies. You need a hot shooting performance from one or two of the other guys, and when all of them are cold, this is what you get.

Vooch with 5 points in 31 minutes lmao. Bro wasn't even trying.

We're just too thin to do anything decent. With us having to start Caruso, the only source of offense from the bench is from one Andre Drummond, and that's just not enough. Every starter has to play at least 35 minutes because we don't have anyone else that you can trust to pitch in 15-20 minutes. On a serious team, guys like Terry Taylor, Dalen Terry, or Bitim would 100% be stuck in the G-League. On here, they're a rotational player.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,045

Post#102 » by vxmike » Wed Apr 3, 2024 5:45 am

Ice Man wrote:While I understand that at times the twin towers lineup has been effective, and that perhaps it should be used more, I am puzzled by the implication that the reason the twin towers is not used more is because Billy Donovan is the coach. Andre Drummond has been in the NBA forever and no coach has ever wanted to pair him with another center, unless you call Greg Monroe a center. (And if so, that experiment was a failure.)

If the Bulls changed coaches, I doubt that Drum's minutes would significantly change.

It works because the Bulls literally don’t have a single PF on the roster. Playing Drummond at C with Vuc functioning as PF is a lot more effective than being incredibly undersized.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,560

Post#103 » by Andi Obst » Wed Apr 3, 2024 6:39 am

Red8911 wrote:Re signing him was not a mistake it was the right move, losing him for nothing would have been the mistake. Now they have the option to trade him if they wanted to.

Sure, you can trade him. You can trade anybody. In Vuc's case, you'll just have to attach some assets, which...doesn't seem ideal?

Losing Vuc for nothing would've good IMO. Never got why people were so scared of that.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,689

Post#104 » by Ice Man » Wed Apr 3, 2024 12:38 pm

vxmike wrote:It works because the Bulls literally don’t have a single PF on the roster. Playing Drummond at C with Vuc functioning as PF is a lot more effective than being incredibly undersized.

That sounds reasonable ... but per NBA stats the Vuc/Drummond combo has a -1.8 rating this season, which is right around the team average. The problem is as the problem always has been with the idea of pairing Drummond with another lumbering big -- when those guys are both in the lineup the Bulls do score more, but they also concede more. Overall, a wash.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,814

Post#105 » by Jcool0 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 1:25 pm

RSP83 wrote:
Andi Obst wrote:Also, I love how Billy watched the Hawks make everything from deep for the first 3 quarters and decided that NOW is the time to bring out the double big lineup to begin the 4th.

I almost respect the audacity :lol:

Billy has never been much of a tactical on-court coaching type. I also gain some insights from the Noah's interview with KG that Billy is better with coaching individuals off the court. He's a better coach with better talent. Bulls talent level right now is crap. I don't think Billy will extend beyond his current contract. I think he's maxed out his ability to get the most out of this team.

That is what most Bulls fan always miss about Billy. He was never going go be a coach to take a 35 win team to 45 win team. He is not that guy. Heck if Phil Jackson was the coach we wouldn't be much better then we are now. There skills aren't Xs and Os its managing super talented personalities. Billy's isn't a bad coach he just isn't the right coach for a mediocre team. Its why he bailed on a rebuild in OKC and probably like you said he will move on from this team soon. I am sure if AK knew what this team would become he is probably hiring someone like Taylor Jenkins instead of Donovan.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,045

Post#106 » by vxmike » Thu Apr 4, 2024 9:50 pm

Ice Man wrote:
vxmike wrote:It works because the Bulls literally don’t have a single PF on the roster. Playing Drummond at C with Vuc functioning as PF is a lot more effective than being incredibly undersized.

That sounds reasonable ... but per NBA stats the Vuc/Drummond combo has a -1.8 rating this season, which is right around the team average. The problem is as the problem always has been with the idea of pairing Drummond with another lumbering big -- when those guys are both in the lineup the Bulls do score more, but they also concede more. Overall, a wash.

My suspicion is if they have the combo more minutes they’d figure it out a bit better. The team is flawed any way you play the roster, sadly. If the FO had only signed one real PF they’d probably have at least another 5 wins.

Return to Chicago Bulls