Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2024: 5.0 It's Caleb Williams time

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,134

Re: Bears 2024: 5.0 It's Caleb Williams time 

Post#1361 » by NecessaryEvil » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:17 am

Read on Twitter

Load up chef Poles …

Read on Twitter
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,513

Post#1362 » by fleet » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:21 am

Getting on Caleb for his grandiose statements

Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,590

Post#1363 » by dice » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:29 am

panthermark wrote:
dice wrote:the entire league evaluated whose fault it was and determined it was by and large justin's

It seems to like the the Bears decided it was everyone's fault.
When you look at the turnover from the start of the season, almost all of it is on offense.

Fields
Foreman
Claypool
Mooney
Tonyan
Whitehair
Patrick
Getsy

of the 11 starters from a year ago plus getsy, 4 of 12 have seen their careers take a dive:

fields
claypool
whitehair
davis

and davis will presumably retain his starting gig in the hopes that he bounces back
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,590

Post#1364 » by dice » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:40 am

so how much of the draft have people actually watched? i tuned out after the first defensive player finally went off the board. by that point i had heard enough "let's go!!!"s from the various fanbases to last a lifetime

and have we determined whether the league is using plants for these over-exuberant fan reactions? or are they telling people they'll get on camera if they hoot and holler after the pick is read? i started getting suspicious when they showed a group of women in titans garb staring at the camera and acting thrilled to hear JC latham's name called
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#1365 » by HearshotKDS » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:50 am

dice wrote:so how much of the draft have people actually watched? i tuned out after the first defensive player finally went off the board. by that point i had heard enough "let's go!!!"s from the various fanbases to last a lifetime

and have we determined whether the league is using plants for these over-exuberant fan reactions? or are they telling people they'll get on camera if they hoot and holler after the pick is read? i started getting suspicious when they showed a group of women in titans garb staring at the camera and acting thrilled to hear JC latham's name called

I had the draft on today as background while doing chores. I was really interested to see where about 40-50 players went this year but especially towards the end of the third I started losing steam. There’s still like 5-10 guys I’m curious about but no longer care to watch rounds 4-7 in real time I’ll just periodically check through the day tomorrow.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,910

Post#1366 » by nomorezorro » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:15 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

since i already called my shot on amegadjie, lemme put out into the universe that drafting dadrion taylor-demerson tomorrow would make this pretty close to a perfect draft for me
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#1367 » by NecessaryEvil » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It is a very special time to be a Bears fan. It just feels like it’s gonna work this time.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#1368 » by Jeffster81 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:05 am

Dresden wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:The #1 mistake teams make in the draft is overthinking and taking a player earlier than he should have gone (ie, Denver/Bo Nix). I'm glad Ryan Poles remained patient, stay out of the kitchen, and made the correct picks in Caleb Williams and Rome Odunze.

There is no excuse for Shane Waldron not to have at least a top 10 offense next year.

I think Nix makes a lot of sense for Denver. Payton's offense is tailor made for a guy like Nix. If there was any coach Nix would be a good fit with, it's Payton. Plus DEN didn't have a second round pick. So it was either take Nix there, or ???

Take a player they can actually use? No need to take a 2nd rd talent at twelve when there were better talents available.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,741

Post#1369 » by Dominator83 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:29 am

fleet wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

This dude again ...

Yes, Fields was a great victim, and CJ is well informed how this team was built the last 2 years certainly. It sucks that the Bears didn’t figure that out, and get “The haul”. And more than a 6th rounder for such a victim of circumstances. Pittsburgh should have picked up Fields’ option too. All Fields needs is “more help”

Yea i call BS. Now the 1st 2 years I kind of agree... Fields got dealt a bad hand. But last year, while he washy given a juggernaut, he was still given a decent squad. DJ Moore is a legit #1 and better than anybody Stroud has. Kmet is a top 10 TE at worst. And I might be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure the Bears as a team led the league in rushing per attempt (Fields runs not included... RB runs only). Last year he was supposed to make a big leap as a passer... And didn't do that. He made Darnell Mooney disappear too

If teams felt it was the Bears fault, teams would have been lining up to get him for a 3rd rounder despite the contract situation. But I don't think many think the team was the issue, it was Fields. Look how fast Getsy was scooped up.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,730

Post#1370 » by 76thBearCub » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:40 am

Haven't been this excited about the Bears ever I don't think. My best friend is a GB fan and it's been a rough.. lifetime
Mindcrime
Sophomore
And1: 74

Re: Bears 2024 4.0 

Post#1371 » by Mindcrime » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:22 am

Mindcrime wrote:Top 30 Bears invitees:

Caleb Williams, QB, USC
Kiran Amegadjie, OT, Yale
Dallas Turner, EDGE, Alabama
Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
Nehemiah Pritchett, CB, Auburn

Amegadjie is sloted around our 3rd round pick, Pritchett around the 4th. With Turner having visit with the Falcons it might get to a decision between Odunze and Bowers.

Get ready for some Nehemiah Pritchett I guess :wink:
Mindcrime
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#1372 » by Mindcrime » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:03 am

Sorry for double post, regarding Amegadjie:

NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#1373 » by NecessaryEvil » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 am

Read on Twitter
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 602

Post#1374 » by Almost Retired » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:48 am

I'd like to see the Bears trade Herbert for a pick this year and draft Isaac Guerendo the RB out of Louisville. We lack a big, bruising RB for our red zone and short yardage game. He's not only strong as hell but he had the 3rd fastest 40 time for the whole combine. We'd have a RB rotation of Swift, Johnson and Guerendo. That could take some pressure off Caleb to do it all with his arm.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 602

Post#1375 » by Almost Retired » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 am

If we draft for need there are two EDGE guys in our pick range...Cedrick Johnson of Ole Miss and Mohamed Kamara from Colorado State. Kamara is undersized but he's relentless with a nose for the ball. And he'd be a big help on kickoff and punt coverage.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,952

Post#1376 » by Dresden » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:37 pm

dice wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:
dice wrote:makes no difference. he couldn't pass despite the advantages

you clearly do not know what a fact is. what you are providing is OPINIONS. bad ones

Dice, this roster was NEVER better than average at any point during Fields’ tenure here. That’s all I’m saying. The outcomes back that up. Even the biggest Fields critics would admit that. It’s not opinion. It is a fact. Deal with it.

that's fine, but you started with "they put a crap team around fields", insinuating that his poor performance was due to his supporting cast. but the offensive supporting cast was more than adequate. and certainly nobody is blaming fields for the defense. this is not about the team's W/L. it is strictly about justin's play

I take issue with the offense being "more than adequate". His second year the WR corps was rated as being among the worst in the league. We did have a strong running attack. And the line was somewhere between middling and poor. You can quote PFF grades all you want but I also saw a stat during the draft that the Bears line was 30th in allowing "QB pressures" last year. So that's far from adequate.

I was not a Justin Fields supporter, but I'll admit he didn't always have a lot to work with.

It would be interesting to see what Fields could do this year with this offense, just for the sake of comparison. But he'll get his chance in PIT sooner or later, and I suspect we'll see the same strengths and shortcomings with him as we saw here. While his supporting cast here didn't do him any favors, I also don't think it was the reason he got traded.
Dresden
RealGM

Post#1377 » by Dresden » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:41 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:
Dresden wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:The #1 mistake teams make in the draft is overthinking and taking a player earlier than he should have gone (ie, Denver/Bo Nix). I'm glad Ryan Poles remained patient, stay out of the kitchen, and made the correct picks in Caleb Williams and Rome Odunze.

There is no excuse for Shane Waldron not to have at least a top 10 offense next year.

I think Nix makes a lot of sense for Denver. Payton's offense is tailor made for a guy like Nix. If there was any coach Nix would be a good fit with, it's Payton. Plus DEN didn't have a second round pick. So it was either take Nix there, or ???

Take a player they can actually use? No need to take a 2nd rd talent at twelve when there were better talents available.

None of whom played QB.
Dresden
RealGM

Post#1378 » by Dresden » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:47 pm

You can just never tell with QB's how they're going to transition to the pro's. If JJ McCarthy went top 10, I certainly don't think it's that outrageous to take Bo Nix at 12. It's a gamble, to be sure, but he did a lot of things right in college during his career, and he'll come into the league with plenty of experience to hit the ground running.
Dresden
RealGM

Post#1379 » by Dresden » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:52 pm

"The Minnesota Vikings and New York Giants did make offers to the New England Patriots for the No. 3 pick to take Drake Maye. Earlier this week, Minnesota offered the Nos. 11 and 23 picks, and its 2025 first-rounder, with pick swaps favoring the Vikings as part of the proposal; and that offer ticked up with New England on the clock. The Giants, meanwhile, did wind up putting their 2025 first-round pick in their offer to move from No. 6 to No. 3."
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,625
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#1380 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:26 pm

dice wrote:so how much of the draft have people actually watched? i tuned out after the first defensive player finally went off the board. by that point i had heard enough "let's go!!!"s from the various fanbases to last a lifetime

There's a camera in their face and they're supposed to be excited about the pick so they definitely exaggerate.

Return to Chicago Bulls