Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2024: 5.0 It's Caleb Williams time

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

JockItch43
Analyst
And1: 377

Re: Bears 2024: 5.0 It's Caleb Williams time 

Post#861 » by JockItch43 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:58 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

Seeing a lot of Latham to the Chargers lately. Unless he's also rising up other team's boards, I'm not sure why the Chargers wouldn't trade back to acquire him instead.
da pmp
Senior
And1: 169

Post#862 » by da pmp » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:23 pm

Latham Mims and Guyton seem to have the highest upside so it shouldn’t shock anyone if they go higher than the consensus
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,482

Post#863 » by fleet » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:40 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bears might be on the clock with JJ still on the board. Haul trade baby. Or 2 top tep receivers on the board
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,074

Post#864 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:41 pm

I got a little extra hop in my step this morning for some reason. Its finally the day!

Hoping for Caleb and Odunze but won’t be mad unless we completely reach at 9.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,704

Post#865 » by DuckIII » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:01 pm

Have fun tonight guys! Very exciting night for you guys.

And my Rams have a first round pick for the first time in 7 years. :lol:
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,131

Post#866 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Nabers @ 9
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#867 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:17 pm

Read on Twitter
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,303

Post#868 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:28 pm

A dynasty is born today fellas. Have fun, and don’t forget to tip your bartender.

KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,567

Post#869 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:36 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
Wilco appearing in a Bears thread on a Bulls message board - all my favorite things in life collide.

Oddly I can never love Wilco and I try. By no means dislike Jeff in anyway and like what he does. Whats strange is I was a big Uncle Tupelo fan. The other odd thing the direction Jeff went with Wilco is more my taste. Wilco is way better than son Volt but when they first came out I gravitated towards that first Son Volt album. /rant over
El Ridda
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#870 » by El Ridda » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:39 pm

Intrigued about a trade down with NO who would move up for Fashanu (assuming a run on OTs).

Would probably look like this: bears trade 9, 75 for 14, 45 and 150. In this scenario, bears are all but assured to get a blue chip at 14 as Rome, Turner, Murphy and Bowers would still be on the board after the Saints took Fashanu (leaving one to fall to bears at 14).

Would be awesome to end up with a blue chip ant one and a mid 2nd round pick.
Cup of Cognac, Hidden Dime Sack.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#871 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:47 pm

DuckIII wrote:Have fun tonight guys! Very exciting night for you guys.

And my Rams have a first round pick for the first time in 7 years. :lol:

\Has it really been 7 years?
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#872 » by fleet » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:55 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:
Wilco appearing in a Bears thread on a Bulls message board - all my favorite things in life collide.

Oddly I can never love Wilco and I try. By no means dislike Jeff in anyway and like what he does. Whats strange is I was a big Uncle Tupelo fan. The other odd thing the direction Jeff went with Wilco is more my taste. Wilco is way better than son Volt but when they first came out I gravitated towards that first Son Volt album. /rant over

Same. I like individual songs. But I can’t do the whole catalog. I like some Jeff collaborations as well. As an aside, now that I hear of a Wilco class existing, sort of throws somewhat even more of a damper on it. Like legalized weed.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,526

Post#873 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:04 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:

I don’t celebrate Wilco’s entire catalogue, but Handshake Drugs is one of the best songs I’ve ever heard.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#874 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:09 pm

fleet wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:

Same. I like individual songs. But I can’t do the whole catalog. I like some Jeff collaborations as well. As an aside, now that I hear of a Wilco class existing, sort of throws somewhat more of a damper on it now. Like legalized weed.

Ha I get what you mean. Radiohead had that evolution where I loved them but then all of a sudden everyone after OK Computer and beyond thought they were sophisticated music listeners because of their penchant for Radiohead. Granted I was already turning into a old man who yells at clouds at that point so all the young hooligans may have rubbed me wrong. Don't get me wrong, I love the whole catalog (maybe not Hail to the Thief as much) but I still will always proclaim that The Bends was the perfect "Alt" album. Oddly I think my favorite Greenwood thing is the sound track for There Will Be Blood.

Now Back to the draft!
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#875 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:13 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:

I don’t celebrate Wilco’s entire catalogue, but Handshake Drugs is one of the best songs I’ve ever heard.

Lot's of great songs and song writing. Sadly Heavy Metal Drummer equals the Deads Touch of Grey. Highest charting but really doesn't show the actual bands skills.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#876 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

How I’m spending the remainder of the draft after our 9th pick. Just watching highlights

Thats actually a good comp. Not just highlight plays.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#877 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:57 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,938

Post#878 » by Dresden » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:57 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
dice wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:Wilco appearing in a Bears thread on a Bulls message board - all my favorite things in life collide.

years ago tweedy's wife's club was closing in chicago. wilco was playing for free on closing night. my friends and i decided to go, but they reached capacity. bun e carlos (drummer for cheap trick) went in right in front of us. i was the first rejection. had i been the only one in the group let in i would've said "see y'all later." just then the band emerged behind us from the street with many bottles of alcohol. as tweedy passed me i asked him if there was room on stage. he mumbled something about not having any control over that and walked in. i assume that i/we missed a great show

the jayhawks are probably the only band i've seen more times. saw both bands on a double bill ages ago

Oh, God, what a horrifying story about the closure of the Lounge Ax! I would have been busted up. I was definitely one of those nerds that went to all 5 of the residency shows at the Riv some years back when they played their entire catalog even though in retrospect that seems hilariously unreasonable.

I have seen more Wilco shows than any other band by an order of magnitude, and (this is totally, totally obnoxious, I know) gotten to play with Jeff at a few living room shows due to some people I knew at the Old Town School of Folk Music where I played in their Wilco class for a bunch of years. Through the people I met in that Wilco class I ended up playing in a few different bar bands around town for maybe 5 or 6 years, more or less until I had kids and didn’t have the time for it anymore.

Thats so cool!
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#879 » by fleet » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:58 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

How I’m spending the remainder of the draft after our 9th pick. Just watching highlights

The mobility and pocket awareness. That’s Rodgersesque. And just because the defense wins early in a possession, bang, the big throw.
JockItch43
Analyst
And1: 377

Post#880 » by JockItch43 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:10 pm

fleet wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

The mobility and pocket awareness. That’s Rodgersesque. And just because the defense wins early in a possession, bang, the big throw.

I've watched this video a week or two ago. The kid is the real deal. Even when he looks bad, he looks good. It's also evident how bad his line was, just as bad or if not worse than what Justin dealt with the past few years... even against weak competition. That USC team was truly atrocious, it's amazing they were ever rated in the top 25, let alone the top 10.

Return to Chicago Bulls