Image ImageImage Image

Knicks @ Bulls: 7pm Central

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,790

Re: Knicks @ Bulls: 7pm Central 

Post#81 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:54 am

drosestruts wrote:
SfBull wrote:We're screwed unless AK can be fired .

I think overall it's fair to summarize AK's time here as bad. They certainly failed to produce a good team in their first 4 years. I'd also argue they really only made one attempt at doing so and it was so weird 3-year continuity plan that just hasn't worked.

Some moves I liked in a vacuum. Some moves have been pretty bad. Overall it just hasn't worked.

I'm not sure if this means they're incapable of ever building a good team, again we've only ever seen them actually try to do so once.And then just double down on it.

One shot is sometimes all you get in this league. I have a feeling they get another crack at it. Have they learned anything from this failed attempt? TBD.

The problem is that his initial planned fail and now he is doubling and tripling down on it. Just admit failure and rebuild.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#82 » by MGB8 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:30 am

Vuc trade set the team back 5 years. An F- move. It effectively forced the Lauri trade, which looked like an even move when he was in Vleveland, then a loser move after, particularly as it seems no first is coming from Portland. F. Then they extend Vuc… maybe not as bad as the trade on the first place since they weren’t getting under the cap, but still a D at best.

Pat Williams is currently a “D” pick. Dalen Terry - F. Lonzo - looked like an A, but injuries count - F for a guy who hasn’t played in years but costs tens of millions against the cap. Extending LaVine - F right now. DeRozan trade - B+. Caruso signing - A. Coby resigning - B+. Ayo resigning - B. Ayo pick - A, Simonovic - F. Drummond rental - A. Jevon Carter most of MLE - F. Torrey Craig min deal - B+, but so minor it barely counts. Julian Phillips pick - B+… but another minor thing.

Big impact Fs, mixed in with some decent moves that were smaller impacts - means failure. And such poor execution and results should have some consequences, no?
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#83 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:23 am

MGB8 wrote:Vuc trade set the team back 5 years. An F- move. It effectively forced the Lauri trade, which looked like an even move when he was in Vleveland, then a loser move after, particularly as it seems no first is coming from Portland. F. Then they extend Vuc… maybe not as bad as the trade on the first place since they weren’t getting under the cap, but still a D at best.

Pat Williams is currently a “D” pick. Dalen Terry - F. Lonzo - looked like an A, but injuries count - F for a guy who hasn’t played in years but costs tens of millions against the cap. Extending LaVine - F right now. DeRozan trade - B+. Caruso signing - A. Coby resigning - B+. Ayo resigning - B. Ayo pick - A, Simonovic - F. Drummond rental - A. Jevon Carter most of MLE - F. Torrey Craig min deal - B+, but so minor it barely counts. Julian Phillips pick - B+… but another minor thing.

Big impact Fs, mixed in with some decent moves that were smaller impacts - means failure. And such poor execution and results should have some consequences, no?

Hopefully AK gets fired after we are sub .500 again next season. He is legitimately worse the Gar Foreman. At least GarPax didn’t trade away our future for a borderline all-star aging center. Things would look a lot different if we had those two lottery picks that rebuilt Orlando into a respectable team.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 737

Post#84 » by Charlesareed » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:10 am

It’s best to rest the starters and core players and play the scrubs the next 2 games then play the starters and core players last game of regular season against the Knicks and then we play Atlanta in the play in
Chicago Raised me
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Post#85 » by drosestruts » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:55 pm

MGB8 wrote:Vuc trade set the team back 5 years. An F- move. It effectively forced the Lauri trade, which looked like an even move when he was in Vleveland, then a loser move after, particularly as it seems no first is coming from Portland. F. Then they extend Vuc… maybe not as bad as the trade on the first place since they weren’t getting under the cap, but still a D at best.

I think the only argument i can even muster is a technicality that $6m per year is half the MLE not most of the MLE.

Man did I really want to sign Carter last offseason, and then we did, and then...
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Post#86 » by drosestruts » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:57 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
drosestruts wrote:In a world where you can be mad about that failed off the backboard dunk or laugh at it - I'm gonna choose to laugh at it.

Didn't catch the game - hard to win when you're down Ball, LaVine, Williams, Phillips, Ayo, and eventually Drummond.

Do you think a Ball-LaVine-Ayo-Williams-Drummond (and Phillips) team could beat a team comprised of the rest of our players?

I remain impressed by DeMar. Ball's in his court as far as I'm concerned this offseason - he wants to stay here, let's work out a deal. He wants to go elsewhere - hopefully we can find a sign and trade that works for both of us.

I don’t accept any LaVine being out excuses when everyone on this board and apparently AK just want to salary dump him. A bunch a scrub in his place wouldn’t change anything. Everyone has written Ball off too which is fair. So no reinforcements coming next season.

Even if not the specific players it's simply hard to win when down $80m in cap due to injuries.

With these injuries you'd expect our record to look more like Memphis' who might be the only team comparably injured to us
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,611

Post#87 » by jacoby1us » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:30 pm

drosestruts wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
drosestruts wrote:In a world where you can be mad about that failed off the backboard dunk or laugh at it - I'm gonna choose to laugh at it.

Didn't catch the game - hard to win when you're down Ball, LaVine, Williams, Phillips, Ayo, and eventually Drummond.

Do you think a Ball-LaVine-Ayo-Williams-Drummond (and Phillips) team could beat a team comprised of the rest of our players?

I remain impressed by DeMar. Ball's in his court as far as I'm concerned this offseason - he wants to stay here, let's work out a deal. He wants to go elsewhere - hopefully we can find a sign and trade that works for both of us.

I don’t accept any LaVine being out excuses when everyone on this board and apparently AK just want to salary dump him. A bunch a scrub in his place wouldn’t change anything. Everyone has written Ball off too which is fair. So no reinforcements coming next season.

Even if not the specific players it's simply hard to win when down $80m in cap due to injuries.

With these injuries you'd expect our record to look more like Memphis' who might be the only team comparably injured to us

If AK comes with that same plan moving forward during the post season then you have your answer, even with a healthy roster minus Ball the Bulls were subpar and were headed to the same predicament that they're currently in fighting for Play-in positioning.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#88 » by MGB8 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:23 am

drosestruts wrote:

I think the only argument i can even muster is a technicality that $6m per year is half the MLE not most of the MLE.

Man did I really want to sign Carter last offseason, and then we did, and then...

My bad, someone was posting 3/30 for Carter, but just checked and it’s 3/19.5. If his play rebounds, he might be tradeable.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#89 » by Stratmaster » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:33 pm

PaKii94 wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:

Ok that's ridiculous. Craig should have been immediately benched. Off the backboard lob to Drummond is one thing. To you self? And almost down double digits?? At the beginning of the 2nd quarter???
I think he threw it up there for Drum. Realized he made a bad pass. Wss horrified. Decided he had to clean it up himself.

At least I hope so.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app

There was no hesitation. That was a pass to himself :nonono:

Yeah...watching it again, I believe you are correct.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,698

Post#90 » by SfBull » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:53 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:

Hopefully AK gets fired after we are sub .500 again next season. He is legitimately worse the Gar Foreman. At least GarPax didn’t trade away our future for a borderline all-star aging center. Things would look a lot different if we had those two lottery picks that rebuilt Orlando into a respectable team.

Why wait another sub 500 season for firing him?
.Do it now.
SouthernBull
Freshman
And1: 41

Post#91 » by SouthernBull » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:58 pm

Red8911 wrote:
sco wrote:I was torn as the Knicks are my 2nd fav team and have a legit shot at 2nd seed. Honestly, we caught a break the last game with Hart fouling out early, and with Ayo out and Drummond going down, I thought we held in pretty well...especially with the Knicks seemingly unable to miss from 3. Brunson is so consistently great for them, man how great would it be if we got him instead of Ball.

Coby played decently given that he's lost his 3pt mojo.

Vuc did decently for Vuc

Caruso and Demar were their usual great.

We’ve talked about this before either you’re a Bulls fan or a Knicks fan. Can’t be both, not possible to be torn lol.

I know we have been bad, but a Bulls/Knicks fan?
We are losing recipes!!
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,568

Post#92 » by dice » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:04 pm

he's done it! vuc locks in his 3rd consecutive season w/ the following per game statline:

18/11/3 1s/1b/2to
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,662

Post#93 » by sco » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:55 pm

dice wrote:he's done it! vuc locks in his 3rd consecutive season w/ the following per game statline:

18/11/3 1s/1b/2to

Maybe that's what AK means by continuity? Crazy stat tho.
:clap:
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#94 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:46 pm

sco wrote:
dice wrote:he's done it! vuc locks in his 3rd consecutive season w/ the following per game statline:

18/11/3 1s/1b/2to

Maybe that's what AK means by continuity? Crazy stat tho.

If he wasn’t so much inefficient that would more impressive.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#95 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:49 pm

SfBull wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Why wait another sub 500 season for firing him?
.Do it now.

Ownership is never proactive. Only when their hand is forced. After next season’s failure I could see AK finally embrace a full rebuild just to buy himself more time. I would bring in a new front office for that though. They already gave him the opportunity to rebuild and he passed on it.

Return to Chicago Bulls