Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Pistons 6pm CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,422

Re: Bulls @ Pistons 6pm CT 

Post#21 » by Muzbar » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:39 am

Great win for Jerry, he's a very happy man.

Very successful season...
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
gf2020hotmail
Sixth Man
And1: 341

Post#22 » by gf2020hotmail » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:39 am

Low stakes but it's incredible that the Bulls haven't won a home postseason game since May 8, 2015, basically nine years. I know everyone basically hates the owner, GM and organization but I have enjoyed the fight of the squad this year and NEED a win over the Hawks on Wednesday. Gotta happen. Can't choke at the UC yet again.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,630

Post#23 » by Repeat 3-peat » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:46 am

Read on Twitter
burlydee
Sixth Man
And1: 929

Post#24 » by burlydee » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:51 am

This team has no juice. Like if you're going to keep Demar and build around him, don't you at least need to have a plan to go over .500? Does anyone even care if the Bulls make the playoffs? Do the players? I get natural competitive juices will kick in but this doesn't strike me as a team raging to play Boston.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,630

Post#25 » by Repeat 3-peat » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:05 am

:lol: :lol:

Read on Twitter
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,324

Post#26 » by Stratmaster » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:07 am

A statement win that surely will strike fear into the souls of the Boston Celtics.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,078

Post#27 » by jordanwilliams6 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:09 am

burlydee wrote:This team has no juice. Like if you're going to keep Demar and build around him, don't you at least need to have a plan to go over .500? Does anyone even care if the Bulls make the playoffs? Do the players? I get natural competitive juices will kick in but this doesn't strike me as a team raging to play Boston.

The FO will point to the current iteration of the team as having a 33-29 record (No Zach, increased roles to Coby & Ayo) as a reason to run it back.

Is it a mediocre team? Sure but the current squad we watch night in and night out is a betting than 0.500 team. The biggest mistake they can make will be bringing Zach back next year.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,324

Post#28 » by Stratmaster » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:10 am

burlydee wrote:This team has no juice. Like if you're going to keep Demar and build around him, don't you at least need to have a plan to go over .500? Does anyone even care if the Bulls make the playoffs? Do the players? I get natural competitive juices will kick in but this doesn't strike me as a team raging to play Boston.
The question is, will the Bulls have anyone left to play if they somehow got into the playoffs.

The players left either look gassed or are end of bench guys playing out of necessity.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,847

Post#29 » by NZB2323 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:22 am

The team worked hard all year and now we have homecourt advantage…for the worse play in game.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,275

Post#30 » by kodo » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:31 am

Demar is such a horrible playoff performer, kinda doesn't matter if he's got gas or not. Last time were in the POs, he went from 28 ppg on 51% FG in the regular season to 21 ppg 41% FG in the playoffs.

Not that it matters vs Boston if Demar is 100% or not.
rjforniss
Sophomore
And1: 179

Post#31 » by rjforniss » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:33 am

I have absolutely zero excitement for the playin game. The best thing about it is it will be the end of this awful season.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,260

Post#32 » by Dan Z » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:11 am

jordanwilliams6 wrote:

The FO will point to the current iteration of the team as having a 33-29 record (No Zach, increased roles to Coby & Ayo) as a reason to run it back.

Is it a mediocre team? Sure but the current squad we watch night in and night out is a betting than 0.500 team. The biggest mistake they can make will be bringing Zach back next year.

They might not have a choice but to keep Zach at least until the trade deadline (so he can showcase what he can do).
Simpleton
Sophomore
And1: 107

Post#33 » by Simpleton » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:25 am

There are some redeemable young pieces on this team so I don't begrudge them for not burning it all down. Theoretically if you could surgically remove the $60 million in dead money sitting on the bench in Lavine and Ball (not even going to include Williams here) and add in an average amount of reasonably motivated talent equivalent to $60M to the roster you're probably looking at a 45-47ish win team.

Still no chance at a title and mostly treadmill but I kind of get the idea of wanting to cultivate young players like White, Ayo, Williams, Terry and such in a somewhat competitive environment.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,422

Post#34 » by Muzbar » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:55 am

Dan Z wrote:
jordanwilliams6 wrote:

They might not have a choice but to keep Zach at least until the trade deadline (so he can showcase what he can do).

Agreed. I don't think they have much of a choice other than to keep Zach (unless they straight up salary dump him).

I think Zach is here to stay as there aren't many teams out there that want his contract on the books, especially with his health and whether he can contribute to winning being a question mark.

Seeing as they aren't going to blow it up I'd like for them to see what the team can look like without DeMar and Zach as the main guy, not that I'm advocating for Zach to be the goto guy, but giving DeMar's touches to Zach and continuing to utilise Coby and Ayo in their roles would be interesting, if not, maybe Zach at least pumps up his trade value and the Bulls can get a young piece to build with back.

I've been back and forth on DeMar, but I think the Bulls need to move on, if they had other promising young pieces other than Coby and Ayo then I'd be fine keeping him on, but they don't.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,222

Post#35 » by Red8911 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:49 am

Simpleton wrote:There are some redeemable young pieces on this team so I don't begrudge them for not burning it all down. Theoretically if you could surgically remove the $60 million in dead money sitting on the bench in Lavine and Ball (not even going to include Williams here) and add in an average amount of reasonably motivated talent equivalent to $60M to the roster you're probably looking at a 45-47ish win team.

Still no chance at a title and mostly treadmill but I kind of get the idea of wanting to cultivate young players like White, Ayo, Williams, Terry and such in a somewhat competitive environment.

Add Philips as well, too bad he got hurt but he was solid as a rookie and should get better.Then also have a draft pick coming up….
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,222

Post#36 » by Red8911 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:01 am

Muzbar wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
jordanwilliams6 wrote:The FO will point to the current iteration of the team as having a 33-29 record (No Zach, increased roles to Coby & Ayo) as a reason to run it back.

Agreed. I don't think they have much of a choice other than to keep Zach (unless they straight up salary dump him).

I think Zach is here to stay as there aren't many teams out there that want his contract on the books, especially with his health and whether he can contribute to winning being a question mark.

Seeing as they aren't going to blow it up I'd like for them to see what the team can look like without DeMar and Zach as the main guy, not that I'm advocating for Zach to be the goto guy, but giving DeMar's touches to Zach and continuing to utilise Coby and Ayo in their roles would be interesting, if not, maybe Zach at least pumps up his trade value and the Bulls can get a young piece to build with back.

I've been back and forth on DeMar, but I think the Bulls need to move on, if they had other promising young pieces other than Coby and Ayo then I'd be fine keeping him on, but they don't.

Zach would have gotten traded if it wasn’t for the surgery. He ll be back to playing way before training camp so a deal is possible in the offseason.

On Demar he’s 95% re signing and staying in Chicago.Bulls want him and he loves being a Bull.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 11,452

Post#37 » by Chuck Everett » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:54 am

If the Bulls would just trade Lavine for some frontcourt help, they'd be a much better team. Even a three team trade, getting John Collins and Omer Yurtseven, would be better than running it back with Zach. He is a losing player. Just consider him a sunk cost and get him out of Chicago.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#38 » by samwana » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:02 am

Red8911 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

Zach would have gotten traded if it wasn’t for the surgery. He ll be back to playing way before training camp so a deal is possible in the offseason.

On Demar he’s 95% re signing and staying in Chicago.Bulls want him and he loves being a Bull.
He loves the money we are hopefully NOT paying him. Not sure he loves Chicago.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,330

Post#39 » by coldfish » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:19 am

Chuck Everett wrote:If the Bulls would just trade Lavine for some frontcourt help, they'd be a much better team. Even a three team trade, getting John Collins and Omer Yurtseven, would be better than running it back with Zach. He is a losing player. Just consider him a sunk cost and get him out of Chicago.

The Bulls are basically a 0.500 team with Lavine and Ball giving them nothing. They have a hard cap at the LT barrier and 1/3 of their salary isn't in the state.

I'm guessing the Bulls are thinking that if they can turn Lavine and Ball's salaries into productive players they could at least get into the 40's for wins, which seems to be their end goal.

And yeah, an athletic defensive PF that can hit an open 3 should be high on that list.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,643

Post#40 » by Ice Man » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:23 am

So, our best games came from a 35 year old who has no real future on a rebuilding team and a 33 year old whom everybody wants gone. We are so effed.

Return to Chicago Bulls